The gender reservation wage gap: evidence from British panel data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brown, Sarah & Roberts, Jennifer & Taylor, Karl, 2011. "The gender reservation wage gap: Evidence from British Panel data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 88-91, October.
- Brown, Sarah & Roberts, Jennifer & Taylor, Karl, 2011. "The Gender Reservation Wage Gap: Evidence form British Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5457, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Deborah J. Anderson & Melissa Binder & Kate Krause, 2002. "The Motherhood Wage Penalty: Which Mothers Pay It and Why?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 354-358, May.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Welch, Finis, 1990. "Empirical Age-Earnings Profiles," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(2), pages 202-229, April.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Lancaster, Tony & Chesher, Andrew, 1983. "An Econometric Analysis of Reservation Wages," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1661-1676, November.
- Becker, Gary S, 1985. "Human Capital, Effort, and the Sexual Division of Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 33-58, January.
- Blackaby, D.H. & Latreille, P.L. & Murphy, P.D. & O'Leary, N.C. & Sloane, P.J., 2007.
"An analysis of reservation wages for the economically inactive,"
Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 1-5, October.
- Blackaby, David H. & Latreille, Paul L. & Murphy, Philip D. & O'Leary, Nigel C. & Sloane, Peter J., 2006. "An Analysis of Reservation Wages for the Economically Inactive," IZA Discussion Papers 1980, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ronald L. Oaxaca & Michael R. Ransom, 1999. "Identification in Detailed Wage Decompositions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 154-157, February.
- Sarah Brown & Jennifer Roberts & Karl Taylor, 2010.
"Reservation wages, labour market participation and health,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 173(3), pages 501-529.
- Sarah Brown & Jenny Roberts & Karl Taylor, 2008. "Reservation Wages, Labour Market Participation And Health," Working Papers 2008002, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2008.
- Joshi, Heather & Paci, Pierella & Waldfogel, Jane, 1999. "The Wages of Motherhood: Better or Worse?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 543-564, September.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vassil, Kristjan & Eamets, Raul & Mõtsmees, Pille, 2014. "Socio-demographic Model of Gender Gap in Expected and Actual Wages in Estonia," IZA Discussion Papers 8604, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jaanika Merikull & Pille MÃµtsmees, 2015. "Do you get what you ask? The gender gap in desired and realised wages," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2014-9, Bank of Estonia, revised 20 Jan 2015.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9247-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:femeco:v:22:y:2016:i:4:p:101-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kristina Nyström & Gulzat Zhetibaeva Elvung, 2015. "New Firms as Employers: The Wage Penalty for Voluntary and Involuntary Job Switchers," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 29(4), pages 348-366, December.
- Stephan Humpert & Christian Pfeifer, 2011.
"Explaining Age and Gender Differences in Employment Rates: A Labor Supply Side Perspective,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
214, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Stephan Humpert & Christian Pfeifer, 2012. "Explaining Age and Gender Differences in Employment Rates: A Labor Supply Side Perspective," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 449, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Barbara Hofmann, 2014. "Sick of being “Activated?”," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 1103-1127, November.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9244-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Damian Grimshaw, 2016. "What Does the Minimum Wage Do ?, by Dale Belman and Paul Wolfson . W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research , Kalamazoo, MI , 2014 , 471 pp., ISBN: 9780880994569, $35.00, paperback," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 54(1), pages 243-244, March.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:136:y:2017:i:c:p:161-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariusz Kaszubowski & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2014. "Salary and reservation wage gender gaps in Polish academia," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 19, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Caliendo, Marco & Lee, Wang-Sheng & Mahlstedt, Robert, 2017.
"The gender wage gap and the role of reservation wages: New evidence for unemployed workers,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 161-173.
- Caliendo, Marco & Lee, Wang-Sheng & Mahlstedt, Robert, 2014. "The Gender Wage Gap: Does a Gender Gap in Reservation Wages Play a Part?," IZA Discussion Papers 8305, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Khan, Bilal Muhammad & Majid, Muhammad Farhan, 2018. "Gender Reservation Wage Gap in Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 92177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liina Malk, 2015. "Determinants of reservation wages: empirical evidence for Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2014-8, Bank of Estonia, revised 20 Jan 2015.
- NAGORE GARCIA Amparo, 2017. "Gender Differences in Unemployment Dynamics and Initial Wages over the Business Cycle," LISER Working Paper Series 2017-06, LISER.
More about this item
KeywordsReservation Wages; Wage Decomposition;
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shf:wpaper:2010010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jacob Holmes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desheuk.html .