Auctioning vs. Grandfathering in Cap-and-Trade Systems with Market Power and Incomplete Information
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ledyard, John O. & Szakaly-Moore, Kristin, 1994.
"Designing organizations for trading pollution rights,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 167-196, October.
- Ledyard, John O. & Szakaly, Kristin E., "undated". "Designing Organizations for Trading Pollution Rights," Working Papers 838, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- John Ledyard & Kristin Szakaly-Moore, 1993. "Designing Organizations for Trading Pollution Rights," Experimental 9307001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Jul 1993.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard & Kahn, Charles M., 1998. "Multi-Unit Pay-Your-Bid Auctions with Variable Awards," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 25-42, April.
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 2009.
"Market Power in Pollution Permit Markets,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I).
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 2009. "Market Power in Pollution Permit Markets," Documentos de Trabajo 355, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 2009. "Market Power in Pollution Permit Markets," Working Papers 0906, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Dallas Burtraw & Jacob Goeree & Charles A. Holt & Erica Myers & Karen Palmer & William Shobe, 2009.
"Collusion in auctions for emission permits: An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4), pages 672-691.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Goeree, Jacob & Holt, Charles A. & Myers, Erica & Palmer, Karen & Shobe, William, 2008. "Collusion in Auctions for Emission Permits: An Experimental Analysis," Discussion Papers dp-08-36, Resources For the Future.
- Ellerman,A. Denny & Convery,Frank J. & de Perthuis,Christian, 2010. "Pricing Carbon," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521196475.
- Krishna, Vijay, 2009. "Auction Theory," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123745071, August.
- Luciano I. De Castro & Alvaro Riascos, 2007. "Characterization of Bidding Behavior in Multi-Unit," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 004382, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Antelo, Manel & Bru, Lluís, 2009. "Permit markets, market power, and the trade-off between efficiency and revenue raising," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 320-333, November.
- Cameron Hepburn & Michael Grubb & Karsten Neuhoff & Felix Matthes & Maximilien Tse, 2006.
"Auctioning of EU ETS phase II allowances: how and why?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 137-160, January.
- Hepburn, C. & Grubb, M. & Neuhoff, K. & Matthes , F. & Tse, M., 2006. "Auctioning of EU ETS Phase II allowances: how and why?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0644, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Andrew Muller, R. & Mestelman, Stuart & Spraggon, John & Godby, Rob, 2002. "Can Double Auctions Control Monopoly and Monopsony Power in Emissions Trading Markets?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 70-92, July.
- Robert Wilson, 1979. "Auctions of Shares," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 675-689.
- de Castro, Luciano I. & Riascos, Alvaro, 2009. "Characterization of bidding behavior in multi-unit auctions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(9-10), pages 559-575, September.
- Nyborg, Kjell G. & Strebulaev, Ilya A., 2001. "Collateral and short squeezing of liquidity in fixed rate tenders," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 769-792, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Alvarez & Cristina Mazón, 2012. "Multi-unit auctions with private information: an indivisible unit continuous price model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 51(1), pages 35-70, September.
- Karl-Martin Ehrhart & Christian Hoppe & Ralf Löschel, 2008. "Abuse of EU Emissions Trading for Tacit Collusion," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(3), pages 347-361, November.
- Robert W. Hahn, 1984. "Market Power and Transferable Property Rights," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 753-765.
More about this item
KeywordsCap-and-Trade Systems; Auctions; Grandfathering; Market Power; Bayesian Games of Incomplete Information;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2014-01-17 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2014-01-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2014-01-17 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-ENE-2014-01-17 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2014-01-17 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2013.98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.