Abuse of EU Emissions Trading for Tacit Collusion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael L. Katz & Harvey S. Rosen, 1983. "Tax Analysis in an Oligopoly Model," NBER Working Papers 1088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 2000. "Permis de pollution et oligopole asymétrique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 143(2), pages 83-89.
- Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard & Vesterdal, Morten, 2002. "CO2 trade and market power in the EU electricity sector," Working Papers 02-11, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Van Long, N. & Soubeyran, A., 1997.
"Cost Manipulation in Oligopoly: A Duality Approach,"
ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica
174, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- Long, N.V. & Soubeyran, A., 1998. "Cost Manipulation in Oligopoly: A Duality Approach," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 98a22, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Nils-Henrik Mørch von der Fehr, 1993.
"Tradable emission rights and strategic interaction,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(2), pages 129-151, April.
- Morch von der Fehr, N-H., 1991. "Tradable Emission Rights and Strategic Interaction," Memorandum 11/1991, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta, 1999.
"Stochastic Pollution, Permits, and Merger Incentives,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 211-232, May.
- Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta, 1999. "Stochastic Pollution, Permits, and Merger Incentives," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1700, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- R. Simpson, 1995. "Optimal pollution taxation in a Cournot duopoly," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(4), pages 359-369, December.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1986. "Comparative Statics for Oligopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 107-122, February.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Koschel, Henrike & Moslener, Ulf, 2006. "Efficiency Losses from Overlapping Economic Instruments in European Carbon Emissions Regulation," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Robert W. Hahn, 1984. "Market Power and Transferable Property Rights," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 753-765.
- Misiolek, Walter S. & Elder, Harold W., 1989. "Exclusionary manipulation of markets for pollution rights," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 156-166, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Creti, Anna & Sanin, María-Eugenia, 2017. "Does environmental regulation create merger incentives?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 618-630.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Fabio Antoniou & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2009.
"Tradable Permits vs Ecological Dumping,"
DEOS Working Papers
1002, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Panos Hatzipanayotou & Fabio Antoniou & Phoebe Koundouri, 2010. "Tradable Permits vs Ecological Dumping," Working Papers 2010.2, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fabio Antoniou & Panos Hatzipanayotou & Phoebe Koundouri, 2010. "Tradable Permits vs Ecological Dumping," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 50.2010, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2010.
- Francisco Alvarez & Francisco J. André, 2013. "Auctioning vs. Grandfathering in Cap-and-Trade Systems with Market Power and Incomplete Information," Working Papers 2013.98, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- André, Francisco J., 2015. "Strategic Effects and the Porter Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 62237, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alvarez, Francisco & André, Francisco J., 2015. "Auctioning emission permits in a leader-follower setting," MPRA Paper 61698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chevallier, Julien & Etner, Johanna & Jouvet, Pierre-André, 2011. "Bankable emission permits under uncertainty and optimal risk-management rules," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 332-339, December.
- Bertrand Crettez & Pierre-André Jouvet & Ludovic A. Julien, 2014. "Tax Policy in a Simple General Oligopoly Equilibrium Model with Pollution Permits," Working Papers 1413, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Tanachai Limpaitoon, Yihsu Chen, and Shmuel S. Oren, 2014. "The Impact of Imperfect Competition in Emission Permits Trading on Oligopolistic Electricity Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Oliver Gürtler & Felix Höffler, 2015. "Monitoring Of Workers And Product Market Competition: The Role Of Works Councils," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(2), pages 1366-1379, April.
- Thijs Jong & Oscar Couwenberg & Edwin Woerdman, 2013. "Does the EU ETS Bite? The Impact of Allowance Over-Allocation on Share Prices," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/54, European University Institute.
- L. Lambertini & A. Tampieri, 2012. "Efficient Horizontal Mergers in Polluting Industries with Cournot Competition," Working Papers wp813, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Anna CRETI & María-Eugenia SANIN, 2016. "Does environmental regulation create merger incentives?," Documents de recherche 16-07, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Bouwe Dijkstra & Edward Manderson & Tae-Yeoun Lee, 2011. "Extending the Sectoral Coverage of an International Emission Trading Scheme," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(2), pages 243-266, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEmissions trading; Tacit collusion; Market power; Competition laws; European emissions trading law; K23; L13; Q28;
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:41:y:2008:i:3:p:347-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .