On the Efficiency of Competitive Markets for Emission Permits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eftichios Sartzetakis, 1997. "Tradeable emission permits regulations in the presence of imperfectly competitive product markets: Welfare implications," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 9(1), pages 65-81, January.
- Ngo Van Long & Antoine Soubeyran, 2000. "Permis de pollution et oligopole asymétrique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 143(2), pages 83-89.
- Van Long, N. & Soubeyran, A., 1997.
"Cost Manipulation in Oligopoly: A Duality Approach,"
ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica
174, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- Long, N.V. & Soubeyran, A., 1998. "Cost Manipulation in Oligopoly: A Duality Approach," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 98a22, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Fershtman,C. & de Zeeuw,A., 1995. "Tradeable Emission Permits in Oligopoly," Papers 45-95, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Nils-Henrik Mørch von der Fehr, 1993.
"Tradable emission rights and strategic interaction,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(2), pages 129-151, April.
- Morch von der Fehr, N-H., 1991. "Tradable Emission Rights and Strategic Interaction," Memorandum 11/1991, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Spencer, Barbara J., 1997.
"Quota licenses for imported capital equipment: Could bureaucrats ever do better than the market?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 1-27, August.
- Barbara J. Spencer, 1996. "Quota Licenses for Imported Capital Equipment: Could Bureaucrats Ever DoBetter than the Market?," NBER Working Papers 5695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1983. "Strategic Commitment with R&D: The Symmetric Case," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 225-235, Spring.
- Gérard Gaudet & Stephen W. Salant, 1991.
"Uniqueness of Cournot Equilibrium: New Results From Old Methods,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 399-404.
- Gaudet, G. & Salant, S.W., 1988. "Uniqueness Of Cournot Equilibrium: New Results From Old Methods," Cahiers de recherche 8818, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Gaudet, G. & Salant, S., 1988. "Uniqueness Of Cournot Equilibrium: New Results From Old Methods," Papers 89-10, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Severin Borenstein, 1988. "On the Efficiency of Competitive Markets for Operating Licenses," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(2), pages 357-385.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Friedman, James, 1981. "Existence of Nash Equilibrium in n Person Games without Quasi-Concavity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(3), pages 637-648, October.
- Malueg, David A., 1990. "Welfare consequences of emission credit trading programs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 66-77, January.
- Robert W. Hahn, 1984. "Market Power and Transferable Property Rights," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 753-765.
- Misiolek, Walter S. & Elder, Harold W., 1989. "Exclusionary manipulation of markets for pollution rights," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 156-166, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Creti, Anna & Sanin, María-Eugenia, 2017. "Does environmental regulation create merger incentives?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 618-630.
- Lozano, S. & Villa, G. & Brännlund, R., 2009. "Centralised reallocation of emission permits using DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(3), pages 752-760, March.
- Harrie A.A. Verbon & Cees A. Withagen, 2004. "Tradable emission permits in a federal system," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/83, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Fabio Antoniou & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2009.
"Tradable Permits vs Ecological Dumping,"
DEOS Working Papers
1002, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Panos Hatzipanayotou & Fabio Antoniou & Phoebe Koundouri, 2010. "Tradable Permits vs Ecological Dumping," Working Papers 2010.2, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fabio Antoniou & Panos Hatzipanayotou & Phoebe Koundouri, 2010. "Tradable Permits vs Ecological Dumping," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 50.2010, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2010.
- Robert W. Hahn & Robert N. Stavins, 2011.
"The Effect of Allowance Allocations on Cap-and-Trade System Performance,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(S4), pages 267-294.
- Hahn, Robert W. & Stavins, Robert N., 2010. "The Effect of Allowance Allocations on Cap-and-Trade System Performance," Working Paper Series rwp10-010, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Robert W. Hahn & Robert N. Stavins, 2010. "The Effect of Allowance Allocations on Cap-and-Trade System Performance," NBER Working Papers 15854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert W. Hahn & Robert N. Stavins, 2010. "The Effect of Allowance Allocations on Cap-and-Trade System Performance," Working Papers 2010.80, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hahn, Robert W. & Stavins, Robert Norman, 2010. "The Effect of Allowance Allocations on Cap-and-Trade System Performance," Scholarly Articles 4449098, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Hatcher, Aaron, 2012. "Market power and compliance with output quotas," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 255-269.
- Cotton, Deborah & De Mello, Lurion, 2014. "Econometric analysis of Australian emissions markets and electricity prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 475-485.
- Julien Chevallier, 2009. "Intertemporal Emissions Trading and Market Power: A Dominant Firm with Competitive Fringe Model," Working Papers halshs-00388207, HAL.
- Guy Meunier, 2011. "Emission Permit Trading Between Imperfectly Competitive Product Markets," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(3), pages 347-364, November.
- Garcia, Arturo & Leal, Mariel & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2018. "Time-inconsistent environmental policies with a consumer-friendly firm: tradable permits versus emission tax," MPRA Paper 86407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sang-Ho Lee & Sang-Ha Park, 2005. "Tradable Emission Permits Regulations: The Role of Product Differentiation," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(3), pages 249-261, December.
- André, Francisco J. & de Castro, Luis Miguel, 2015. "Scarcity Rents and Incentives for Price Manipulation in Emissions Permit Markets with Stackelberg Competition," MPRA Paper 61770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julien Chevallier, 2009. "Intertemporal Emissions Trading and Allocation Rules: Gainers, Losers and the Spectre of Market Power," Working Papers halshs-00124713, HAL.
- Meredith Fowlie, 2008. "Incomplete Environmental Regulation, Imperfect Competition, and Emissions Leakage," NBER Working Papers 14421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordscompetitive trading of emission permits; economic efficiency; oligopolistic product market;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:27:y:2004:i:1:p:1-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.