Are asset price data informative about news shocks? A DSGE perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nikolay Iskrev, 2018. "Are asset price data informative about news shocks? A DSGE perspective," Working Papers REM 2018/33, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Nikolay Iskrev, 2018. "Are asset price data informative about news shocks? A DSGE perspective," Working Papers w201802, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Domenico Giannone & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2006.
"Does information help recovering structural shocks from past observations?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 455-465, 04-05.
- Domenico Giannone & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2006. "Does information help recovering structural shocks from past observations?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/166169, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2006. "Does information help recovering structural shocks from past observations?," Working Paper Series 632, European Central Bank.
- Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2006. "Does Information Help Recovering Structural Shocks from Past Observations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5725, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andr? Kurmann & Christopher Otrok, 2013.
"News Shocks and the Slope of the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2612-2632, October.
- Christopher Otrok & Andre Kurmann, 2010. "News Shocks and the Slope of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," 2010 Meeting Papers 72, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- André Kurmann & Christopher Otrok, 2012. "News shocks and the slope of the term structure of interest rates," Working Papers 2012-011, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- André Kurmann & Christopher Otrok, 2010. "News Shocks and the Slope of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Cahiers de recherche 1005, CIRPEE.
- Stefan Avdjiev, 2016.
"News Driven Business Cycles and Data on Asset Prices in Estimated DSGE Models,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 20, pages 181-197, April.
- Stefan Avdjiev, 2011. "News driven business cycles and data on asset prices in estimated DSGE models," BIS Working Papers 358, Bank for International Settlements.
- Xiao-Li Meng & Xianchao Xie, 2014. "I Got More Data, My Model is More Refined, but My Estimator is Getting Worse! Am I Just Dumb?," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1-4), pages 218-250, June.
- Beaudry, Paul & Portier, Franck, 2004.
"An exploration into Pigou's theory of cycles,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 1183-1216, September.
- Beaudry, Paul & Portier, Franck, 2001. "An Exploration into Pigou's Theory of Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 2996, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kengo Nutahara, 2007. "Matlab code to replicate the Beaudry-Portier news shock model," QM&RBC Codes 170, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Thuy Lan Nguyen & Wataru Miyamoto, 2014. "News shocks and Business cycles: Evidence from forecast data," 2014 Meeting Papers 259, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fabio Milani & Ashish Rajrhandari, 2012. "Observed Expectations, News Shocks, and the Business Cycle," Working Papers 121305, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Yasuo Hirose & Takushi Kurozumi, 2012. "Identifying News Shocks with Forecast Data," CAMA Working Papers 2012-01, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Soccorsi, Stefano, 2016. "Measuring nonfundamentalness for structural VARs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 86-101.
- Massimo Franchi & Paolo Paruolo, 2015. "Minimality of State Space Solutions of DSGE Models and Existence Conditions for Their VAR Representation," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 613-626, December.
- Paul Beaudry & Patrick Fève & Alain Guay & Franck Portier, 2015.
"When is Nonfundamentalness in VARs a Real Problem? An Application to News Shocks,"
NBER Working Papers
21466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beaudry, Paul & Fève, Patrick & Guay, Alain & Portier, Franck, 2015. "When is Nonfundamentalness in VARs A Real Problem? An Application to News Shocks," CEPR Discussion Papers 10763, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nikolay, Iskrev, 2014.
"Choosing the variables to estimate singular DSGE models: Comment,"
Dynare Working Papers
- Iskrev, Nikolay & Ritto, Joao, 2016. "Choosing the variables to estimate singular DSGE models: Comment," MPRA Paper 72870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franchi, Massimo & Vidotto, Anna, 2013. "A check for finite order VAR representations of DSGE models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 100-103.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsasset prices; DSGE models; identification; information; news shocks;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2018-07-16 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-ECM-2018-07-16 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20182161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.