Global market shocks and poverty in Vietnam: the case of rice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ian Coxhead & Vu Hoang Linh & Le Dong Tam, 2012. "Global market shocks and poverty in Vietnam: the case of rice," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(5), pages 575-592, September.
- Coxhead, Ian & Linh, Vu Hoang & Le, Dong Tam, 2011. "Global Market Shocks and Poverty in Vietnam: The Case of Rice," Staff Paper Series 559, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Warr, 2008. "World food prices and poverty incidence in a food exporting country: a multihousehold general equilibrium analysis for Thailand," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 525-537, November.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2010.
"Inter-provincial migration and inequality during Vietnam's transition,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 100-112, January.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2008. "Interprovincial Migration and Inequality During Vietnam's Transition," Staff Paper Series 507, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Maros Ivanic & Will Martin, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries-super-1," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 405-416, November.
- Aksoy , M. Ataman & Isik-Dikmelik, Aylin, 2008. "Are low food prices pro-poor ? net food buyers and sellers in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4642, The World Bank.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Chris Manning, 2009. "Globalisation and Labour Markets in Boom and Crisis: The Case of Vietnam," Departmental Working Papers 2009-17, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Vu, Linh & Glewwe, Paul, 2011.
"Impacts of Rising Food Prices on Poverty and Welfare in Vietnam,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
- Linh Vu Hoang & Paul Glewwe, 2009. "Impacts of Rising Food Prices on Poverty and Welfare in Vietnam," Working Papers 13, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Zahoor ul Haq & Hina Nazli & Karl Meilke, 2008. "Implications of high food prices for poverty in Pakistan," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 477-484, November.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2008. "The impact of food price increases on caloric intake in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 465-476, November.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4594, The World Bank.
- Jensen, Henning Tarp & Tarp, Finn, 2007. "A Vietnam Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) for the Year 2003," MPRA Paper 29822, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Minot, Nicholas & Goletti, Francesco, 2000. "Rice market liberalization and poverty in Viet Nam:," Research reports 114, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diao, Xinshen & Kennedy, Adam & Mabiso, Athur & Pradesha, Angga, 2013. "Economywide impact of maize export bans on agricultural growth and household welfare in Tanzania: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model Analysis:," IFPRI discussion papers 1287, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:39:y:2017:i:3:p:479-498. is not listed on IDEAS
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & Brian McCaig, 2017.
"Growth with equity: income inequality in Vietnam, 2002–14,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 15(1), pages 25-46, March.
- Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren & McCaig, Brian, 2016. "Growth with Equity: Income Inequality in Vietnam, 2002–14," IZA Discussion Papers 10392, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- McKay, Andy & Tarp, Finn, 2014. "Distributional impacts of the 2008 global food price spike in Vietnam," WIDER Working Paper Series 030, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mofya-Mukuka, Rhoda & Abdulai, Awudu, 2013. "Policy reforms and asymmetric price transmission in the Zambian and Tanzanian coffee markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 786-795.
- An, Henry & Qiu, Feng & Zheng, Yanan, 2016. "How do export controls affect price transmission and volatility spillovers in the Ukrainian wheat and flour markets?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 142-150.
- Mofya-Mukuka, Rhoda & Abdulai, Awudu, 2013. "Effects of Policy Reforms on Price Transmission in Coffee Markets: Evidence from Zambia and Tanzania," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 171870, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsVietnam; rice; poverty; labor mobility; general equilibrium; microsimulation.;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-02-01 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2012-02-01 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpc:wpaper:3212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doan Quang Hung). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/depocvn.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.