Economywide impact of maize export bans on agricultural growth and household welfare in Tanzania: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model Analysis:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan Swinnen, 2011. "The Right Price of Food," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29(6), pages 667-688, November.
- Alberto Zezza & Benjamin Davis & Carlo Azzarri & Katia Covarrubias & Luca Tasciotti & Gustavo Anriquez, 2008.
"The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor,"
08-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Zezza, Alberto & Davis, Benjamin & Azzarri, Carlo & Covarrubias, Katia & Tasciotti, Luca & Anriquez, Gustavo, 2009. "The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51696, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nicholas Minot & Francesco Goletti, 1998. "Export Liberalization and Household Welfare: The Case of Rice in Vietnam," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 738-749.
- Syud Amer Ahmed & Noah S. Diffenbaugh & Thomas W. Hertel & William J. Martin, 2012.
"Agriculture and Trade Opportunities for Tanzania: Past Volatility and Future Climate Change,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 429-447, August.
- Ahmed, Syud Amer & Hertel, Thomas W. & Martin, William J., 2011. "Agriculture and Trade Opportunities for Tanzania: Past Volatility and Future Climate Change," WIDER Working Paper Series 091, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ahmed , Syud Amer & Diffenbaugh, Noah S. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Martin, William J., 2012. "Agriculture and trade opportunities for Tanzania : past volatility and future climate change," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6132, The World Bank.
- Diao, Xinshen & Thurlow, James & Benin, Samuel & Fan, Shenggen, 2012. "Strategies and priorities for African agriculture: Economywide perspectives from country studies," Issue briefs 73, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2011.
"Agricultural growth, poverty, and nutrition in Tanzania,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 795-804.
- Pauw, Kalie & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Agricultural Growth, Poverty, and Nutrition in Tanzania," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 95974, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Agricultural growth, poverty, and nutrition in Tanzania:," IFPRI discussion papers 947, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ian Coxhead & Vu Hoang Linh & Le Dong Tam, 2012.
"Global market shocks and poverty in Vietnam: the case of rice,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(5), pages 575-592, September.
- Coxhead, Ian & Linh, Vu Hoang & Le, Dong Tam, 2011. "Global Market Shocks and Poverty in Vietnam: The Case of Rice," Staff Paper Series 559, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Ian Coxhead & Vu Hoang Linh & Le Dong Tam, 2012. "Global market shocks and poverty in Vietnam: the case of rice," Working Papers 32, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- repec:fpr:ifprib:xinshendiao is not listed on IDEAS
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Chapoto, Antony & Jayne, Thomas S., 2009. "Effects of Maize Marketing and Trade Policy on Price Unpredictability in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54499, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Quentin Wodon & Hassan Zaman, 2010. "Higher Food Prices in Sub-Saharan Africa: Poverty Impact and Policy Responses," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 157-176, February.
- Ahmed, Rais Uddin, 1988. "Rice price stabilization and food security in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1035-1050, September.
- Goetz, Linde & Glauben, Thomas & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2010. "Impacts of Export Controls On Wheat Markets During the Food Crisis 2007/2008 in Russia and Ukraine," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61626, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chapoto, Antony & Jayne, Thomas S., 2009. "The Impacts of Trade Barriers and Market Interventions on Maize Price Predictability: Evidence from Eastern and Southern Africa," Food Security International Development Working Papers 56798, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Gotz, Linde & Qiu, Feng & Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Glauben, Thomas, 2012. "Export Restrictions And Multiple Spatial Price Equilibria When International Prices Spike: Export Quotas For Wheat In Ukraine," 2012: New Rules of Trade?, December 2012, San Diego, California 143179, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cochrane, Nancy & D'Souza, Anna, 0.
"Measuring Access to Food in Tanzania: A Food Basket Approach,"
United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 02, March.
- Cochrane, Nancy & D'Souza, Anna, 2015. "Measuring Access to Food in Tanzania: A Food Basket Approach," Economic Information Bulletin 198784, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Djuric, Ivan & Götz, Linde, 2016. "Export restrictions – Do consumers really benefit? The wheat-to-bread supply chain in Serbia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 112-123.
- Linde Götz & Feng Qiu & Jean-Philippe Gervais & Thomas Glauben, 2016. "Export Restrictions and Smooth Transition Cointegration: Export Quotas for Wheat in Ukraine," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 398-419, June.
- Makombe, Wilfred & Kropp, Jaclyn D., 2016. "The Effects Of Tanzanian Maize Export Bans On Producers’ Welfare And Food Security," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235499, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsexports; Commodities; staple crops; maize; Computable general equilibrium (CGE); export bans; trade policies; food price crisis; Food prices; price spikes; Commodity markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-11-02 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-11-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.