The Impacts of Trade Barriers and Market Interventions on Maize Price Predictability: Evidence from Eastern and Southern Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Minot, Nicholas, 2014.
"Food price volatility in sub-Saharan Africa: Has it really increased?,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 45-56.
- Minot, Nicholas, 2012. "Food price volatility in sub-Saharan Africa: Has it really increased?," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 134146, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christophe Gouel, 2014.
"Food Price Volatility and Domestic Stabilization Policies in Developing Countries,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Food Price Volatility, pages 261-306
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christophe Gouel, 2013. "Food Price Volatility and Domestic Stabilization Policies in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 18934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christophe Gouel, 2014. "Food price volatility and domestic stabilization policies in developing countries," Post-Print hal-01123318, HAL.
- Gouel, Christophe, 2013. "Food price volatility and domestic stabilization policies in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6393, The World Bank.
- Christophe Gouel, 2013. "Food price volatility and domestic stabilization policies in developing countries," FOODSECURE Working papers 9, LEI Wageningen UR.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:243-255 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diao, Xinshen & Kennedy, Adam & Mabiso, Athur & Pradesha, Angga, 2013. "Economywide impact of maize export bans on agricultural growth and household welfare in Tanzania: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model Analysis:," IFPRI discussion papers 1287, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Mason, Nicole M. & Myers, Robert J. & Ferris, John N. & Mather, David & Sitko, Nicholas & Beaver, Margaret & Lenski, Natalie & Chapoto, Antony & Boughton, Duncan, 2010. "Patterns and Trends in Food Staples Markets in Eastern and Southern Africa: Toward the Identification of Priority Investments and Strategies for Developing Markets and Promoting Smallholder Productivi," Food Security International Development Working Papers 62148, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Gage, Daria, 2011. "Revitalizing Zambia’s Agricultural Marketing Information Centre (Amic)," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 113646, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Mohajan, Haradhan, 2013. "Poverty and economic development of Kenya," MPRA Paper 51072, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 2013.
- Maitre d'Hotel, Elodie & le Cotty, Tristan & Jayne, Thomas S., 2012.
"Is A Public Regulation Of Food Price Volatility Feasible In Africa? An Arch Approach In Kenya,"
123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland
122551, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Elodie Maître d'Hôtel & Tristan Le Cotty & Thomas Jayne, 2012. "Is a public regulation of food price volatility feasible in Africa? An arch approach in Kenya," Post-Print hal-00801361, HAL.
- Dick Durevall & Roy Weide, 2017.
"Importing High Food Prices by Exporting: Rice Prices in Lao PDR,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 164-181, February.
- Durevall, Dick & van der Weide, Roy, 2014. "Importing high food prices by exporting : rice prices in Lao PDR," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7119, The World Bank.
- Durevall, Dick & van der Weide, Roy, 2014. "Importing High Food Prices by Exporting: Rice Prices in Lao PDR," Working Papers in Economics 607, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Sitko, Nicholas J. & Jayne, T.S., 2012. "Why are African commodity exchanges languishing? A case study of the Zambian Agricultural Commodity Exchange," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 275-282.
- Makombe, Wilfred & Kropp, Jaclyn D., 2016. "The Effects Of Tanzanian Maize Export Bans On Producers’ Welfare And Food Security," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235499, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lee, Yu Na, 2015. "Effect of Price Risk on Migration: Evidence from Ethiopian Rural Households," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205812, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Chinsinga, Blessings & Chirwa, Ephraim W., 2013. "Dealing with the 2007/08 Global Food Price Crisis: the Political Economy of Food Price Policy in Malawi," WIDER Working Paper Series 030, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Aragie, Emerta & Pauw, Karl & Pernechele, Valentina, 2016. "Achieving food security and industrial development in Malawi: Are export restrictions the solution?," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246391, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Ariga, Joshua & Jayne, Thomas S. & Njukia, Stephen, 2010. "Staple food prices in Kenya," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 58559, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jayne, T.S. & Chapoto, Antony & Chamberlin, Jordan, 2011. "Strengthening Staple Food Markets in Eastern And Southern Africa: Toward An Integrated Approach for CAADP Investment Plans," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 157939, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Minot, Nicholas, 2012. "Food price volatility in Africa: Has it really increased?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1239, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsafrica; food security; maize; trade; markets; Food Security and Poverty; International Relations/Trade; Marketing; q13;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-03-20 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-03-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midiwp:56798. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.