The Age-Productivity Profile:Long-Run Evidence from Italian Regions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juselius, Mikael & Takáts, Előd, 2018.
"The enduring link between demography and inflation,"
Research Discussion Papers
8/2018, Bank of Finland.
- Mikael Juselius & Előd Takáts, 2018. "The enduring link between demography and inflation," BIS Working Papers 722, Bank for International Settlements.
- James Liang & Hui Wang & Edward P. Lazear, 2018.
"Demographics and Entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 126(S1), pages 140-196.
- James Liang & Hui Wang & Edward P. Lazear, 2014. "Demographics and Entrepreneurship," NBER Working Papers 20506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Lazear & James Liang & Hui Wang, 2014. "Demographics and Entrepreneurship," Discussion Papers 14-003, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Matteo Gomellini & Paolo Sestito, 2019. "Demography and Productivity in the Italian Manufacturing Industry: Yesterday and Today," CEIS Research Paper 457, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 16 May 2019.
- Ufuk Akcigit & Murat Celik & Daron Acemoglu, 2014.
"Young, Restless and Creative: Openness to Disruption and Creative Innovations,"
2014 Meeting Papers
377, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Ufuk Akcigit & Murat Alp Celik, 2014. "Young, Restless and Creative: Openness to Disruption and Creative Innovations," PIER Working Paper Archive 14-004, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Daron Acemoglu & Ufuk Akcigit & Murat Alp Celik, 2014. "Young, Restless and Creative: Openness to Disruption and Creative Innovations," NBER Working Papers 19894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vegard Skirbekk, 2004.
"Age and Individual Productivity: A Literature Survey,"
Vienna Yearbook of Population Research, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna, vol. 2(1), pages 133-154.
- Vegard Skirbekk, 2003. "Age and individual productivity: a literature survey," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-028, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Bruno Pellegrino & Luigi Zingales, 2017. "Diagnosing the Italian Disease," NBER Working Papers 23964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Oliveira Martins, Joaquim & van Ours, Jan (ed.), 2010. "Ageing, Health, and Productivity: The Economics of Increased Life Expectancy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199587131.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Freund, Inga & Crespo Cuaresma, Jesús & Prskawetz, Alexia, 2013.
"Ageing, productivity and wages in Austria,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 5-15.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Freund, Inga & Crespo Cuaresma, Jesús & Prskawetz, Alexia, 2011. "Ageing, productivity and wages in Austria," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 03/2011, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "Who Benefits from State and Local Economic Development Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wbsle, December.
- Robert Shimer, 2001.
"The Impact of Young Workers on the Aggregate Labor Market,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 969-1007.
- Robert Shimer, 1999. "The Impact of Young Workers on the Aggregate Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 7306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Roodman & James G. MacKinnon & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen & Matthew D. Webb, 2019.
"Fast and wild: Bootstrap inference in Stata using boottest,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 19(1), pages 4-60, March.
- James G. MacKinnon & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen & David Roodman & Matthew D. Webb, 2018. "Fast and Wild: Bootstrap Inference in Stata Using boottest," CREATES Research Papers 2018-34, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- David Roodman & James G. MacKinnon & Matthew D. Webb & Morten Ã˜. Nielsen, 2018. "Fast And Wild: Bootstrap Inference In Stata Using Boottest," Working Paper 1406, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7971 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Feyrer, 2007. "Demographics and Productivity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 100-109, February.
- Balazs Zelity, 2020. "Age Diversity and Aggregate Productivity," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2020-004, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Bronzini, Raffaello & Piselli, Paolo, 2009. "Determinants of long-run regional productivity with geographical spillovers: The role of R&D, human capital and public infrastructure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 187-199, March.
- Federico, Giovanni & Nuvolari, Alessandro & Vasta, Michelangelo, 2019. "The Origins of the Italian Regional Divide: Evidence from Real Wages, 1861â€“1913," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 79(1), pages 63-98, March.
- Shekhar Aiyar & Christian H Ebeke, 2016. "The Impact of Workforce Aging on European Productivity," IMF Working Papers 16/238, International Monetary Fund.
- Oskar Nordstrom Skans, 2008. "How does the age structure affect regional productivity?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(10), pages 787-790.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jaypee Sevilla, 2001. "Economic Growth and the Demographic Transition," NBER Working Papers 8685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernhard Mahlberg & Inga Freund & Alexia Prskawetz, 2013. "Ageing, productivity and wages in Austria: sector level evidence," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 561-584, November.
More about this item
Keywordsproductivity; demography; age distribution; working-age population; long-run;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2020-10-19 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-EFF-2020-10-19 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2020-10-19 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LMA-2020-10-19 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crm:wpaper:2019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CReAM Administrator) or (Thomas Cornelissen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmucluk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.