Incentive Compatible Extraction of Natural Resource Rent
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eirik S. Amundsen & Christian Andersen & Jan Gaute Sannarnes, 1992. "Rent Taxes on Norwegian Hydropower Generation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 97-116.
- Lund, Diderik, 2002. "Rent taxation when cost monitoring is imperfect," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 211-228, June.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Sappington, David E. M. & Weisman, Dennis L., 1996. "Revenue sharing in incentive regulation plans," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 229-248, September.
- Sansing, Richard, 1993. "A note on alternative petroleum taxation systems," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 243-246, June.
- Osmundsen, Petter, 1995. "Taxation of petroleum companies possessing private information," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 357-377, December.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1987. "Auctioning Incentive Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 921-937, October.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 1993. "The Ricardian Rent and the Allocation of Land under Uncertainty," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 451-469.
- Bousquet, Alain & Cremer, Helmuth & Ivaldi, Marc & Wolkowicz, Michel, 1998. "Risk sharing in licensing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 535-554, September.
- Grafton R. Quentin, 1995. "Rent Capture in a Rights-Based Fishery," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 48-67, January.
- Heaps, Terry & Helliwell, John F., 1985. "The taxation of natural resources," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 421-472 Elsevier.
- Garnaut, Ross & Clunies Ross, Anthony, 1975. "Uncertainty, Risk Aversion and the Taxing of Natural Resource Projects," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(338), pages 272-287, June.
- Osmundsen, Petter, 2002. "Regulation of common property resources under private information about resource externalities," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 349-366, November.
- Campbell, H. F. & Lindner, R. K., 1983. "On the optimal resource rent tax," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 263-268.
- Johansson,Per-Olov, 1991. "An Introduction to Modern Welfare Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521356954, March.
- Fraser, Rob & Kingwell, Ross, 1997. "Can expected tax revenue be increased by an investment-preserving switch from ad valorem royalties to a resource rent tax?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 103-108, September.
- Fraser, Rob, 2000. "Is risk-sharing resource taxation in society's best interests if prices are log-normally distributed?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 219-225, December.
- Hamish Low & Daniel Maldoom, 2000. "Optimal taxation and risk sharing," IFS Working Papers W00/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reinhard Madlener & Stefan Vögtli, 2006. "Diffusion of bioenergy in urban areas: socio-economic analysis of the planned Swiss wood-fired cogeneration plant in Basel," CEPE Working paper series 06-53, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Andrea Horehájová, 2007. "Hedonic Price Functions for Zurich and Lugano with Special Focus on Electrosmog," CEPE Working paper series 07-57, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Madlener, Reinhard & Koller, Martin, 2007.
"Economic and CO2 mitigation impacts of promoting biomass heating systems: An input-output study for Vorarlberg, Austria,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6021-6035, December.
- Reinhard Madlener & Martin Koller, 2006. "Economic and CO2 mitigation impacts of promoting biomass heating systems: an input-output study for Vorarlberg, Austria," CEPE Working paper series 06-50, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Andrea Horehájová, 2012.
"Using a choice experiment to estimate the benefits of a reduction of externalities in urban areas with special focus on electrosmog,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 387-397, January.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Andrea Horehájová, 2007. "Using a Choice Experiment to Estimate the Benefits of a Reduction of Externalities in Urban Areas with Special Focus on Electrosmog," CEPE Working paper series 07-58, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Reinhard Madlener & Carlos Henggeler Antunes & Luis C. Dias, 2006. "Multi-Criteria versus Data Envelopment Analysis for Assessing the Performance of Biogas Plants," CEPE Working paper series 06-49, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Kumbaroglu, Gürkan & Madlener, Reinhard & Demirel, Mustafa, 2008.
"A real options evaluation model for the diffusion prospects of new renewable power generation technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1882-1908, July.
- Gürkan Kumbaroglu & Reinhard Madlener & Mustafa Demirel, 2004. "A Real Options Evaluation Model for the Diffusion Prospects of New Renewable Power Generation Technologies," CEPE Working paper series 04-35, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Eberhard Jochem, 2005. "An Agenda for Energy and Material Efficiency Policy – An Element of Technology Policy for a More Sustainable Use of Natural Resources," CEPE Working paper series 05-40, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Reinhard Madlener & Carmenza Robledo & Bart Muys & Bo Hektor & Julije Domac, 2003. "A Sustainability Framework for Enhancing the Long-Term Success of LULUCF Projects," CEPE Working paper series 03-29, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
Keywordsnatural resource rent; incentives; rent extraction; regulation;
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cee:wpcepe:03-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Ordas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepetch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.