An estimation of the Swiss hydropower rent
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Santopietro, George D., 1998. "Alternative methods for estimating resource rent and depletion cost: the case of Argentina's YPF," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-48, March.
- David W. Gillen & Jean-François Wen, 2000. "Taxing Hydroelectricity in Ontario," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 26(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Eirik S. Amundsen & Christian Andersen & Jan Gaute Sannarnes, 1992. "Rent Taxes on Norwegian Hydropower Generation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 97-116.
- Rothman, M., 2000. "Measuring and Apportioning Rents from Hydroelectric Power Development," World Bank - Discussion Papers 419, World Bank.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Sappington, David E. M. & Weisman, Dennis L., 1996. "Revenue sharing in incentive regulation plans," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 229-248, September.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas, 1990.
"Taxation des ressources naturelles et rentes hydro-électriques au Canada,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 66(4), pages 421-440, décembre.
- Bernard, J-T., 1990. "Taxation des Ressources Naturelles et Rentes Hydroelectriques au Canada," Papers 9012, Laval - Recherche en Energie.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 1993. "The Ricardian Rent and the Allocation of Land under Uncertainty," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 451-469.
- Heaps, Terry & Helliwell, John F., 1985. "The taxation of natural resources," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 421-472 Elsevier.
- Garnaut, Ross & Clunies Ross, Anthony, 1975. "Uncertainty, Risk Aversion and the Taxing of Natural Resource Projects," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(338), pages 272-287, June.
- Glenn Jenkins & RICHARD ZUKER, 1984. "Blue Gold: Hydro-Electric Rent In Canada," Development Discussion Papers 1984-01, JDI Executive Programs.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Tjotta, Sigve, 1993. "Hydroelectric rent and precipitation variability : The case of Norway," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 81-91, April.
- SMEERS, Yves, 1997. "Computable equilibrium models and the restructuring of the European electricity and gas markets," CORE Discussion Papers 1997061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Yves Smeers, 1997. "Computable Equilibrium Models and the Restructuring of the European Electricity and Gas Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-31.
- Porat, Yigal & Irith, Rotlevi & Turvey, Ralph, 1997. "Long-run marginal electricity generation costs in Israel," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 401-411, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barry, Michael & Baur, Patrick & Gaudard, Ludovic & Giuliani, Gianluca & Hediger, Werner & Romerio, Franco & Schillinger, Moritz & Schumann, René & Voegeli, Gillaume & Weigt, Hannes, 2015. "The Future of Swiss Hydropower A Review on Drivers and Uncertainties," Working papers 2015/11, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Banfi, Silvia & Filippini, Massimo, 2010.
"Resource rent taxation and benchmarking--A new perspective for the Swiss hydropower sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2302-2308, May.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini, 2009. "Resource Rent Taxation and Benchmarking.A New Perspective for the Swiss Hydropower Sector," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 0906, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Massimo Filippini & Silvia Banfi, 2009. "Resource Rent Taxation and Benchmarking – A New Perspective for the Swiss Hydropower Sector," CEPE Working paper series 09-67, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Mirnezami, Seyed Reza, 2014. "Electricity inequality in Canada: Should pricing reforms eliminate subsidies to encourage efficient usage?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 36-43.
- Liu, Xuemei, 2008. "Rent extraction with a type-by-type scheme: An instrument to incorporate sustainable development into the CDM," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1873-1878, June.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Cornelia Luchsinger, 2004. "Resource Rent Taxation – A New Perspective for the (Swiss) Hydropower Sector," CEPE Working paper series 04-34, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Wagner, Beatrice & Hauer, Christoph & Schoder, Angelika & Habersack, Helmut, 2015. "A review of hydropower in Austria: Past, present and future development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 304-314.
- Massarutto, Antonio & Pontoni, Federico, 2015. "Rent seizing and environmental concerns: A parametric valuation of the Italian hydropower sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 31-40.
- Muller, Adrian, 2007.
"How to make the clean development mechanism sustainable--The potential of rent extraction,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3203-3212, June.
- Muller, Adrian, 2006. "How to Make the Clean Development Mechanism Sustainable - The Potential of Rent Extraction," Working Papers in Economics 214, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Abeygunawardana, A.M.A.K., 2009. "Evaluation of economic rent of hydropower projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1886-1897, May.
- Pierre-Olivier Pineau, 2008. "Electricity Subsidies in Low-Cost Jurisdictions: The Case of British Columbia," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 34(3), pages 379-394, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:33:y:2005:i:7:p:927-937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.