Resource Rent Taxation and Benchmarking.A New Perspective for the Swiss Hydropower Sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Banfi, Silvia & Filippini, Massimo, 2010. "Resource rent taxation and benchmarking--A new perspective for the Swiss hydropower sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2302-2308, May.
- Massimo Filippini & Silvia Banfi, 2009. "Resource Rent Taxation and Benchmarking – A New Perspective for the Swiss Hydropower Sector," CEPE Working paper series 09-67, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amundsen, Eirik S., 1997. "Gas power production, surplus concepts and the transformation of hydro electric rent into resource rent," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 241-259, August.
- Mitchell Rothman, 2000. "Measuring and Apportioning Rents from Hydroelectric Power Developments," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15187.
- Bauer, Paul W. & Berger, Allen N. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Humphrey, David B., 1998.
"Consistency Conditions for Regulatory Analysis of Financial Institutions: A Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 85-114, March.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Financial Services working paper 97-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Ricardo, David, 1821. "On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 3, number ricardo1821.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2006.
"Cost Efficiency in Regional Bus Companies: An Application of Alternative Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 40(1), pages 95-118, January.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in Regional Bus Companies: An Application of Alternative Stochastic Frontier Models," CEPE Working paper series 04-33, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2005.
"Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 69-90, July.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2004. "Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies," CEPE Working paper series 04-32, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Lawrence Copithorne & Alan MacFayden & Bruce Bell, 1985. "Revenue Sharing and the Efficient Valuation of Natural Resources," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 11(s1), pages 465-478, July.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard, 1982. "Le financement de la Confederation: Le rente des ressources naturelles," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 8(3), pages 297-299, Summer.
- Banfi, Silvia & Filippini, Massimo & Luchsinger, Cornelia, 2002. "Deregulation of the Swiss Electricity Industry: Short-Run Implications for the Hydropower Sector," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 69-77, July.
- David W. Gillen & Jean-François Wen, 2000. "Taxing Hydroelectricity in Ontario," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 26(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Banfi, Silvia & Filippini, Massimo & Mueller, Adrian, 2005. "An estimation of the Swiss hydropower rent," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 927-937, May.
- Eirik S. Amundsen & Christian Andersen & Jan Gaute Sannarnes, 1992. "Rent Taxes on Norwegian Hydropower Generation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 97-116.
- Rothman, M., 2000. "Measuring and Apportioning Rents from Hydroelectric Power Development," World Bank - Discussion Papers 419, World Bank.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Massimo Filippini & Cornelia Luchsinger, 2007. "Economies of scale in the Swiss hydropower sector," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(15), pages 1109-1113.
- Garnaut, Ross & Clunies Ross, Anthony, 1975. "Uncertainty, Risk Aversion and the Taxing of Natural Resource Projects," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(338), pages 272-287, June.
- Polachek, Solomon W & Yoon, Bong Joon, 1996. "Panel Estimates of a Two-Tiered Earnings Frontier," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 169-178, March-Apr.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Tjotta, Sigve, 1993. "Hydroelectric rent and precipitation variability : The case of Norway," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 81-91, April.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 185-208, October.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- Ries, Jan & Gaudard, Ludovic & Romerio, Franco, 2016. "Interconnecting an isolated electricity system to the European market: The case of Malta," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-14.
- Massimo Filippini & Thomas Geissmann & William H. Greene, 2018.
"Persistent and transient cost efficiency—an application to the Swiss hydropower sector,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 65-77, February.
- Thomas Geissmann & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2014. "Persistent and Transient Cost Efficiency – An Application to the Swiss Hydropower Sector," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/251, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Betz, Regina & Geissmann, Thomas & Kosch, Mirjam & Schillinger, Moritz & Weigt, Hannes, 2019. "The Design of Variable Water Fees and its Impact on Swiss Hydropower Companies and Resource Owners," Working papers 2019/12, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:10:p:3594-:d:174464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Massarutto, Antonio & Pontoni, Federico, 2015. "Rent seizing and environmental concerns: A parametric valuation of the Italian hydropower sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 31-40.
- repec:eee:renene:v:138:y:2019:i:c:p:531-541 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsResource Rent Taxation; Hydropower; Efficiency;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lug:wpaper:0906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessio Tutino). General contact details of provider: https://www.bul.sbu.usi.ch .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.