The Design of Variable Water Fees and its Impact on Swiss Hydropower Companies and Resource Owners
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Banfi, Silvia & Filippini, Massimo, 2010.
"Resource rent taxation and benchmarking--A new perspective for the Swiss hydropower sector,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2302-2308, May.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini, 2009. "Resource Rent Taxation and Benchmarking.A New Perspective for the Swiss Hydropower Sector," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 0906, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Massimo Filippini & Silvia Banfi, 2009. "Resource Rent Taxation and Benchmarking – A New Perspective for the Swiss Hydropower Sector," CEPE Working paper series 09-67, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Ingmar Schlecht & Hannes Weigt, 2015.
"Linking Europe: The Role of the Swiss Electricity Transmission Grid until 2050,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 151(II), pages 39-79, June.
- Schlecht, Ingmar & Weigt, Hannes, 2014. "Linking Europe - The Role of the Swiss Electricity Transmission Grid until 2050," Working papers 2014/12, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Schlecht, Ingmar & Weigt, Hannes, 2014. "Swissmod - a model of the Swiss electricity market," Working papers 2014/04, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Schillinger, Moritz, 2019. "Balancing Market Design and Opportunity Cost - The Swiss Case," Working papers 2019/14, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Jonas Savelsberg & Moritz Schillinger & Ingmar Schlecht & Hannes Weigt, 2018. "The Impact of Climate Change on Swiss Hydropower," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-23, July.
- Jonas Egerer, 2016. "Open Source Electricity Model for Germany (ELMOD-DE)," Data Documentation 83, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Savvidis, Georgios & Siala, Kais & Weissbart, Christoph & Schmidt, Lukas & Borggrefe, Frieder & Kumar, Subhash & Pittel, Karen & Madlener, Reinhard & Hufendiek, Kai, 2019. "The gap between energy policy challenges and model capabilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 503-520.
- Philipp Emanuel Hirsch & Moritz Schillinger & Katharina Appoloni & Patricia Burkhardt-Holm & Hannes Weigt, 2016. "Integrating Economic and Ecological Benchmarking for a Sustainable Development of Hydropower," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-20, August.
- Schillinger, Moritz, 2020. "Balancing-market design and opportunity cost: The Swiss case," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- Werner Hediger, 2018. "The Corporate Social Responsibility of Hydropower Companies in Alpine Regions—Theory and Policy Recommendations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-20, October.
- Bartlett, Stuart & Dujardin, Jérôme & Kahl, Annelen & Kruyt, Bert & Manso, Pedro & Lehning, Michael, 2018. "Charting the course: A possible route to a fully renewable Swiss power system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 942-955.
- Pattupara, Rajesh & Kannan, Ramachandran, 2016. "Alternative low-carbon electricity pathways in Switzerland and it’s neighbouring countries under a nuclear phase-out scenario," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 152-168.
- Parra, David & Zhang, Xiaojin & Bauer, Christian & Patel, Martin K., 2017. "An integrated techno-economic and life cycle environmental assessment of power-to-gas systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 440-454.
- Vögelin, Philipp & Georges, Gil & Boulouchos, Konstatinos, 2017. "Design analysis of gas engine combined heat and power plants (CHP) for building and industry heat demand under varying price structures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 356-366.
- Wiese, Frauke & Schlecht, Ingmar & Bunke, Wolf-Dieter & Gerbaulet, Clemens & Hirth, Lion & Jahn, Martin & Kunz, Friedrich & Lorenz, Casimir & Mühlenpfordt, Jonathan & Reimann, Juliane & Schill, Wolf-P, 2019. "Open Power System Data – Frictionless data for electricity system modelling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 236(C), pages 401-409.
- Schillinger, Moritz & Weigt, Hannes & Barry, Michael & Schumann, René, 2017. "Hydropower Operation in a Changing Market Environment – A Swiss Case Study," Working papers 2017/19, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Runge, Philipp & Sölch, Christian & Albert, Jakob & Wasserscheid, Peter & Zöttl, Gregor & Grimm, Veronika, 2019. "Economic comparison of different electric fuels for energy scenarios in 2035," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 1078-1093.
- Panos, Evangelos & Kober, Tom & Wokaun, Alexander, 2019. "Long term evaluation of electric storage technologies vs alternative flexibility options for the Swiss energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 252(C), pages 1-1.
- Massarutto, Antonio & Pontoni, Federico, 2015. "Rent seizing and environmental concerns: A parametric valuation of the Italian hydropower sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 31-40.
- Wang, Yongpei & Yan, Weilong & Zhuang, Shangwen & Zhang, Qian, 2019. "Competition or complementarity ? The hydropower and thermal power nexus in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 531-541.
- Massimo Filippini & Thomas Geissmann & William H. Greene, 2018.
"Persistent and transient cost efficiency—an application to the Swiss hydropower sector,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 65-77, February.
- Thomas Geissmann & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2014. "Persistent and Transient Cost Efficiency – An Application to the Swiss Hydropower Sector," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/251, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Moritz Schillinger & Hannes Weigt & Philipp Emanuel Hirsch, 2020. "Environmental flows or economic woes—Hydropower under global energy market changes," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(8), pages 1-19, August.
More about this item
Keywordshydropower ; Switzerland ; water fees;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsl:wpaper:2019/12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WWZ). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wwzbsch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.