Hydropower Operation in a Changing Market Environment – A Swiss Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry, Michael & Baur, Patrick & Gaudard, Ludovic & Giuliani, Gianluca & Hediger, Werner & Romerio, Franco & Schillinger, Moritz & Schumann, René & Voegeli, Gillaume & Weigt, Hannes, 2015. "The Future of Swiss Hydropower A Review on Drivers and Uncertainties," Working papers 2015/11, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Deb, Rajat, 2000. "Operating Hydroelectric Plants and Pumped Storage Units in a Competitive Environment," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 24-32, April.
- Saarinen, Linn & Dahlbäck, Niklas & Lundin, Urban, 2015. "Power system flexibility need induced by wind and solar power intermittency on time scales of 1–14 days," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 339-344.
- Weitemeyer, Stefan & Kleinhans, David & Vogt, Thomas & Agert, Carsten, 2015. "Integration of Renewable Energy Sources in future power systems: The role of storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 14-20.
- Perica Ilak & Slavko Krajcar & Ivan Rajšl & Marko Delimar, 2014. "Pricing Energy and Ancillary Services in a Day-Ahead Market for a Price-Taker Hydro Generating Company Using a Risk-Constrained Approach," Energies, MDPI, vol. 7(4), pages 1-26, April.
- Aggidis, George A. & Židonis, Audrius, 2014. "Hydro turbine prototype testing and generation of performance curves: Fully automated approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 433-441.
- Schlecht, Ingmar & Weigt, Hannes, 2014. "Swissmod - a model of the Swiss electricity market," Working papers 2014/04, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaudard, Ludovic & Madani, Kaveh, 2019. "Energy storage race: Has the monopoly of pumped-storage in Europe come to an end?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 22-29.
- Schillinger, Moritz & Weigt, Hannes, 2019. "Bidding into balancing markets in a hydro-dominated electricity system," Working papers 2019/13, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Bilgili, Mehmet & Bilirgen, Harun & Ozbek, Arif & Ekinci, Firat & Demirdelen, Tugce, 2018. "The role of hydropower installations for sustainable energy development in Turkey and the world," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 755-764.
- Barry, Michael & Betz, Regina & Fuchs, Sandro & Gaudard, Ludovic & Geissmann, Thomas & Giuliani, Gianluca & Hediger, Werner & Herter, Marc & Kosch, Mirjam & Romerio, Franco & Schillinger, Moritz & Sch, 2019. "The Future of Swiss Hydropower Realities, Options and Open Questions," Working papers 2019/08, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dunguo Mou, 2018. "Wind Power Development and Energy Storage under China’s Electricity Market Reform—A Case Study of Fujian Province," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-20, January.
- Nayak-Luke, Richard & Bañares-Alcántara, René & Collier, Sam, 2021. "Quantifying network flexibility requirements in terms of energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 869-882.
- Baptiste François & Benoit Hingray & Marco Borga & Davide Zoccatelli & Casey Brown & Jean-Dominique Creutin, 2018. "Impact of Climate Change on Combined Solar and Run-of-River Power in Northern Italy," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(2), pages 1-22, January.
- Mou, Dunguo & He, Xiaoping, 2019. "Developing large-scale energy storage to alleviate a low-carbon energy bubble," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 62-74.
- Panos, Evangelos & Kober, Tom & Wokaun, Alexander, 2019. "Long term evaluation of electric storage technologies vs alternative flexibility options for the Swiss energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 252(C), pages 1-1.
- Kirchbacher, Florian & Biegger, Philipp & Miltner, Martin & Lehner, Markus & Harasek, Michael, 2018. "A new methanation and membrane based power-to-gas process for the direct integration of raw biogas – Feasability and comparison," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 34-46.
- Gerbaulet, Clemens & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Kemfert, Claudia & Lorenz, Casimir & Oei, Pao-Yu, 2019.
"European electricity sector decarbonization under different levels of foresight,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 973-987.
- Gerbaulet, C. & von Hirschhausen, C. & Kemfert, C. & Lorenz, C. & Oei, P.-Y., 2019. "European electricity sector decarbonization under different levels of foresight," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 973-987.
- Shaker, Hamid & Zareipour, Hamidreza & Wood, David, 2016. "Impacts of large-scale wind and solar power integration on California׳s net electrical load," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 761-774.
- Bin Luo & Shumin Miao & Chuntian Cheng & Yi Lei & Gang Chen & Lang Gao, 2019. "Long-Term Generation Scheduling for Cascade Hydropower Plants Considering Price Correlation between Multiple Markets," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(12), pages 1-17, June.
- Chen, Yang & Odukomaiya, Adewale & Kassaee, Saiid & O’Connor, Patrick & Momen, Ayyoub M. & Liu, Xiaobing & Smith, Brennan T., 2019. "Preliminary analysis of market potential for a hydropneumatic ground-level integrated diverse energy storage system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 1237-1247.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wu, Wei & Bai, Mengqi & Xie, Chunping & Radcliffe, Jonathan, 2019. "Liquid air energy storage: Price arbitrage operations and sizing optimization in the GB real-time electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 647-655.
- Nitsch, Felix & Deissenroth-Uhrig, Marc & Schimeczek, Christoph & Bertsch, Valentin, 2021. "Economic evaluation of battery storage systems bidding on day-ahead and automatic frequency restoration reserves markets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 298(C).
- Mario Klarić & Igor Kuzle & Ninoslav Holjevac, 2018. "Wind Power Monitoring and Control Based on Synchrophasor Measurement Data Mining," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(12), pages 1-23, December.
- Keck, Felix & Lenzen, Manfred & Vassallo, Anthony & Li, Mengyu, 2019. "The impact of battery energy storage for renewable energy power grids in Australia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 647-657.
- Tom Brijs & Arne van Stiphout & Sauleh Siddiqui & Ronnie Belmans, 2016. "Evaluating the Role of Electricity Storage by Considering Short-Term Operation in Long-Term Planning," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1624, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brunner, Christoph & Deac, Gerda & Braun, Sebastian & Zöphel, Christoph, 2020. "The future need for flexibility and the impact of fluctuating renewable power generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 1314-1324.
- Lukas Wienholt & Ulf Philipp Müller & Julian Bartels, 2018. "Optimal Sizing and Spatial Allocation of Storage Units in a High-Resolution Power System Model," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Fernández-Guillamón, Ana & Gómez-Lázaro, Emilio & Muljadi, Eduard & Molina-García, Ángel, 2019. "Power systems with high renewable energy sources: A review of inertia and frequency control strategies over time," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Cheng, Qian & Ming, Bo & Liu, Pan & Huang, Kangdi & Gong, Yu & Li, Xiao & Zheng, Yalian, 2021. "Solving hydro unit commitment problems with multiple hydraulic heads based on a two-layer nested optimization method," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 317-326.
- Pfeifer, Antun & Krajačić, Goran & Ljubas, Davor & Duić, Neven, 2019. "Increasing the integration of solar photovoltaics in energy mix on the road to low emissions energy system – Economic and environmental implications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 1310-1317.
More about this item
Keywordshydropower; cross-market optimization; balancing; Switzerland;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsl:wpaper:2017/19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wwzbsch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: WWZ (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wwzbsch.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.