Energy storage race: Has the monopoly of pumped-storage in Europe come to an end?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Midttun, Alte & Piccini, Proadpran Boonprasurd, 2017. "Facing the climate and digital challenge: European energy industry from boom to crisis and transformation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 330-343.
- Gilli, Manfred & Maringer, Dietmar & Schumann, Enrico, 2011. "Numerical Methods and Optimization in Finance," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780123756626.
- Rehman, Shafiqur & Al-Hadhrami, Luai M. & Alam, Md. Mahbub, 2015. "Pumped hydro energy storage system: A technological review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 586-598.
- Shafiullah, G.M. & M.T. Oo, Amanullah & Shawkat Ali, A.B.M. & Wolfs, Peter, 2013. "Potential challenges of integrating large-scale wind energy into the power grid–A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 306-321.
- Ludovic Gaudard & Manfred Gilli & Franco Romerio, 2013. "Climate Change Impacts on Hydropower Management," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(15), pages 5143-5156, December.
- Gomes, I.L.R. & Pousinho, H.M.I. & Melício, R. & Mendes, V.M.F., 2017. "Stochastic coordination of joint wind and photovoltaic systems with energy storage in day-ahead market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 310-320.
- Winker, Peter & Fang, Kai-Tai, 1995. "Application of threshold accepting to the evaluation of the discrepancy of a set of points," Discussion Papers, Series II 248, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Evans, Annette & Strezov, Vladimir & Evans, Tim J., 2012. "Assessment of utility energy storage options for increased renewable energy penetration," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4141-4147.
- Fabio Genoese & Christian Egenhofer & Michael Hogan & Christian Redl & Markus Steigenberger & Patrick Graichen & Graham Weale, 2015. "The Future of the European Power Market," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 50(4), pages 176-197, July.
- Newbery, David, 2016.
"Missing money and missing markets: Reliability, capacity auctions and interconnectors,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 401-410.
- David Newbery, 2015. "Missing Money and Missing Markets: Reliability, Capacity Auctions and Interconnectors," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1513, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- David Newbery, 2015. "Missing Money and Missing Markets: Reliability, Capacity Auctions and Interconnectors," Working Papers EPRG 1508, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D., 2007. "Optimum energy storage techniques for the improvement of renewable energy sources-based electricity generation economic efficiency," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2295-2305.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Finn, P. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2011. "Practical operation strategies for pumped hydroelectric energy storage (PHES) utilising electricity price arbitrage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4189-4196, July.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Pican, E. & Leahy, M., 2012. "The technical and economic implications of integrating fluctuating renewable energy using energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 47-60.
- Kazempour, S. Jalal & Moghaddam, M. Parsa & Haghifam, M.R. & Yousefi, G.R., 2009. "Electric energy storage systems in a market-based economy: Comparison of emerging and traditional technologies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2630-2639.
- M. Gilli & E. Kellezi & H. Hysi, 2006.
"A Data-Driven Optimization Heuristic for Downside Risk Minimization,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
355, Society for Computational Economics.
- Manfred Gilli & Evis Këllezi & Hilda Hysi, 2006. "A Data-Driven Optimization Heuristic for Downside Risk Minimization," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 06-02, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Guégan, Marion & Uvo, Cintia B. & Madani, Kaveh, 2012. "Developing a module for estimating climate warming effects on hydropower pricing in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 261-271.
- Ferreira, Helder Lopes & Garde, Raquel & Fulli, Gianluca & Kling, Wil & Lopes, Joao Pecas, 2013. "Characterisation of electrical energy storage technologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 288-298.
- Guittet, Mélanie & Capezzali, Massimiliano & Gaudard, Ludovic & Romerio, Franco & Vuille, François & Avellan, François, 2016. "Study of the drivers and asset management of pumped-storage power plants historical and geographical perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 560-579.
- Manfred Gilli & Enrico Schumann, 2012. "Heuristic optimisation in financial modelling," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 193(1), pages 129-158, March.
- Schillinger, Moritz & Weigt, Hannes & Barry, Michael & Schumann, René, 2017. "Hydropower Operation in a Changing Market Environment – A Swiss Case Study," Working papers 2017/19, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Gaudard, Ludovic, 2015. "Pumped-storage project: A short to long term investment analysis including climate change," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 91-99.
- Khalilpour, Rajab & Vassallo, Anthony, 2016. "Planning and operation scheduling of PV-battery systems: A novel methodology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 194-208.
- Mulder, Grietus & Six, Daan & Claessens, Bert & Broes, Thijs & Omar, Noshin & Mierlo, Joeri Van, 2013. "The dimensioning of PV-battery systems depending on the incentive and selling price conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1126-1135.
- Lamy, Julian & Azevedo, Inês L. & Jaramillo, Paulina, 2014. "The role of energy storage in accessing remote wind resources in the Midwest," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 123-131.
- Ries, Jan & Gaudard, Ludovic & Romerio, Franco, 2016. "Interconnecting an isolated electricity system to the European market: The case of Malta," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-14.
- Zafirakis, Dimitrios & Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J. & Baiocchi, Giovanni & Daskalakis, George, 2013. "Modeling of financial incentives for investments in energy storage systems that promote the large-scale integration of wind energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 138-154.
- Hirth, Lion & Ziegenhagen, Inka, 2015. "Balancing power and variable renewables: Three links," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1035-1051.
- Peter Cramton & Axel Ockenfels & Steven Stoft, 2013. "Capacity Market Fundamentals," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- B. François & B. Hingray & J. Creutin & F. Hendrickx, 2015. "Estimating Water System Performance Under Climate Change: Influence of the Management Strategy Modeling," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(13), pages 4903-4918, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steffen S. Bettin, 2020. "Electricity infrastructure and innovation in the next phase of energy transition—amendments to the technology innovation system framework," Review of Evolutionary Political Economy, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 371-395, November.
- Bai, Bo & Xiong, Siqin & Song, Bo & Xiaoming, Ma, 2019. "Economic analysis of distributed solar photovoltaics with reused electric vehicle batteries as energy storage systems in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 213-229.
- Ludovic Gaudard & Franco Romerio, 2020. "A Conceptual Framework to Classify and Manage Risk, Uncertainty and Ambiguity: An Application to Energy Policy," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-1, March.
- Fan, Jinyang & Xie, Heping & Chen, Jie & Jiang, Deyi & Li, Cunbao & Ngaha Tiedeu, William & Ambre, Julien, 2020. "Preliminary feasibility analysis of a hybrid pumped-hydro energy storage system using abandoned coal mine goafs," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 258(C).
- Kang, Jia-Ning & Wei, Yi-Ming & Liu, Lan-Cui & Han, Rong & Yu, Bi-Ying & Wang, Jin-Wei, 2020. "Energy systems for climate change mitigation: A systematic review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 263(C).
- Barry, Michael & Betz, Regina & Fuchs, Sandro & Gaudard, Ludovic & Geissmann, Thomas & Giuliani, Gianluca & Hediger, Werner & Herter, Marc & Kosch, Mirjam & Romerio, Franco & Schillinger, Moritz & Sch, 2019. "The Future of Swiss Hydropower Realities, Options and Open Questions," Working papers 2019/08, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
More about this item
KeywordsStorage energy; Optimization; Investment; Pumped-storage; European electricity markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:126:y:2019:i:c:p:22-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.