Do we need a stable funding ratio? Banks’ funding in the global financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vazquez, Francisco & Federico, Pablo, 2015.
"Bank funding structures and risk: Evidence from the global financial crisis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-14.
- Pablo Federico & Francisco F. Vazquez, 2012. "Bank Funding Structures and Risk; Evidence From the Global Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 12/29, International Monetary Fund.
- Itay Goldstein & Ady Pauzner, 2005. "Demand-Deposit Contracts and the Probability of Bank Runs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1293-1327, June.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Financial Regulation in a System Context," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 229-274.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Jean Tirole, 2012.
"Collective Moral Hazard, Maturity Mismatch, and Systemic Bailouts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(1), pages 60-93, February.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Jean Tirole, 2009. "Collective Moral Hazard, Maturity Mismatch and Systemic Bailouts," NBER Working Papers 15138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Tirole & Emmanuel Farhi, 2010. "Collective Moral Hazard, Maturity Mismatch, and Systemic Bailouts," 2010 Meeting Papers 822, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009. "Collective Moral Hazard, Maturity Mismatch and Systemic Bailouts," IDEI Working Papers 571, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Oct 2010.
- Jean Tirole & Emmanuel Farhi, 2009. "Collective Moral Hazard, Maturity Mismatch and Systemic Bailouts," Working Papers 2009.57, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009. "Collective Moral Hazard, Maturity Mismatch and Systemic Bailouts," TSE Working Papers 09-052, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Oct 2010.
- Hanson, Samuel G. & Shleifer, Andrei & Stein, Jeremy C. & Vishny, Robert W., 2015.
"Banks as patient fixed-income investors,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 449-469.
- Samuel Hanson & Andrei Shleifer & Jeremy C. Stein & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Banks as patient fixed-income investors," Working Paper 238646, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Samuel G. Hanson & Andrei Shleifer & Jeremy C. Stein & Robert W. Vishny, 2014. "Banks as Patient Fixed-Income Investors," NBER Working Papers 20288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samuel G. Hanson & Andrei Shleifer & Jeremy C. Stein & Robert W. Vishny, 2014. "Banks as Patient Fixed Income Investors," Working Paper 151246, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Hanson, Samuel & Shleifer, Andrei & Stein, Jeremy C. & Vishny, Robert W., 2014. "Banks as Patient Fixed Income Investors," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077925 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rocco Huang & Lev Ratnovski, 2009. "Why Are Canadian Banks More Resilient?," IMF Working Papers 09/152, International Monetary Fund.
- Henrik Andersen, 2008. "Failure prediction of Norwegian banks: A Logit approach," Working Paper 2008/02, Norges Bank.
- Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2010. "Liquidity, Bank Runs, and Bailouts: Spillover Effects During the Northern Rock Episode," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 83-98, June.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1999. "Building an incentive-compatible safety net," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1499-1519, October.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Gorton, Gary, 1988. "Banking Panics and Business Cycles," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 751-781, December.
- Bai, Jennie & Krishnamurthy, Arvind & Weymuller, Charles-Henri, 2015. "Mesuring Liquidity Mismatch in the Banking Sector," Research Papers 3278, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Ryo Kato & Shun Kobayashi & Yumi Saita, 2010. "Calibrating the Level of Capital: The Way We See It," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 10-E-6, Bank of Japan.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 2011. "Fire Sales in Finance and Macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 29-48, Winter.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1994.
"Debt Maturity and the Deadweight Cost of Leverage: Optimally Financing Banking Firms,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 320-331, March.
- Mark J. Flannery, 1991. "Debt maturity and the deadweight cost of leverage: optimally financing banking firms," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- repec:gam:jjrfmx:v:10:y:2017:i:2:p:8-:d:95645 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gastón Andrés Giordana & Ingmar Schumacher, 2017.
"An Empirical Study on the Impact of Basel III Standards on Banks’ Default Risk: The Case of Luxembourg,"
Journal of Risk and Financial Management,
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-21, April.
- Gaston Giordana & Ingmar Schumacher, 2012. "An Empirical Study on the Impact of Basel III Standards on Banks? Default Risk: The Case of Luxembourg," BCL working papers 79, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aikman, David & Haldane, Andrew & Hinterschweiger, Marc & Kapadia, Sujit, 2018. "Rethinking financial stability," Bank of England working papers 712, Bank of England.
- de Ramon, Sebastian & Francis, William & Milonas, Kristoffer, 2017. "An overview of the UK banking sector since the Basel Accord: insights from a new regulatory database," Bank of England working papers 652, Bank of England.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking; bank regulation; deposits; funding;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-06-14 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2016-06-14 (Central Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:0602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.