Capital Requirement and Financial Frictions in Banking: Macroeconomic Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlstrom, Charles T & Fuerst, Timothy S, 1997.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 893-910, December.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy S. Fuerst, 1996. "Agency costs, net worth, and business fluctuations: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Working Papers (Old Series) 9602, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Vasco Curdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "Credit Spreads and Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 3-35, September.
- Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Andrés Velasco, 2004. "Balance Sheets and Exchange Rate Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1183-1193, September.
- Virginia Queijo von Heideken, 2009. "How Important are Financial Frictions in the United States and the Euro Area?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(3), pages 567-596, September.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2005.
"House Prices, Borrowing Constraints, and Monetary Policy in the Business Cycle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 739-764, June.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2002. "House prices, borrowing constraints and monetary policy in the business cycle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 542, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2004.
- Van den Heuvel, Skander J., 2008. "The welfare cost of bank capital requirements," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 298-320, March.
- Lucy White & Alan D. Morrison, 2002. "Crises and Capital Requirements in Banking," OFRC Working Papers Series 2002fe05, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Ali Dib, 2010. "Banks, Credit Market Frictions, and Business Cycles," Staff Working Papers 10-24, Bank of Canada.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:565-579 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Geanakoplos, 2009. "The Leverage Cycle," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1715, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Arend, Mario, 2010. "Financial Shocks, Financial Frictions and Financial Intermediaries in DSGE Models: Comments on the Recent Literature," MPRA Paper 22957, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010.
"Credit and Banking in a DSGE Model of the Euro Area,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 107-141, September.
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010. "Credit and banking in a DSGE model of the euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 740, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gertler, Mark & Karadi, Peter, 2011. "A model of unconventional monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-34, January.
- Bojan Markovic, 2006. "Bank capital channels in the monetary transmission mechanism," Bank of England working papers 313, Bank of England.
- Naohisa Hirakata & Nao Sudo & Kozo Ueda, 2017.
"Chained Credit Contracts And Financial Accelerators,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(1), pages 565-579, January.
- Naohisa Hirakata & Nao Sudo & Kozo Ueda, 2009. "Chained Credit Contracts and Financial Accelerators," IMES Discussion Paper Series 09-E-30, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Townsend, Robert M., 1979.
"Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, October.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1979. "Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification," Staff Report 45, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ian Christensen & Ali Dib, 2008. "The Financial Accelerator in an Estimated New Keynesian Model," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(1), pages 155-178, January.
- Yun, Tack, 1996. "Nominal price rigidity, money supply endogeneity, and business cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 345-370, April.
- Meh, Césaire A. & Moran, Kevin, 2010.
"The role of bank capital in the propagation of shocks,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 555-576, March.
- Césaire Meh & Kevin Moran, 2008. "The Role of Bank Capital in the Propagation of Shocks," Staff Working Papers 08-36, Bank of Canada.
- Roberto Motto & Massimo Rostagno & Lawrence J. Christiano, 2010. "Financial Factors in Economic Fluctuations," 2010 Meeting Papers 141, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Julio J. Rotemberg, 1982. "Monopolistic Price Adjustment and Aggregate Output," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 517-531.
- John Geanakoplos & Ana Fostel, 2008. "Leverage Cycles and the Anxious Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1211-1244, September.
- Gertler, Mark & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 2010. "Financial Intermediation and Credit Policy in Business Cycle Analysis," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: Benjamin M. Friedman & Michael Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 11, pages 547-599 Elsevier.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Alan D. Morrison & Lucy White, 2005. "Crises and Capital Requirements in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1548-1572, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Natalie Tiernan & Pedro Gete, 2014. "Overlending and Macroprudential Tools," 2014 Meeting Papers 379, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:54:y:2017:i:pb:p:161-186 is not listed on IDEAS
- George J. Bratsiotis & William J. Tayler & Roy Zilberman, 2014. "Financial Regulation, Credit and Liquidity Policy and the Business Cycle," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 196, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2018.
"A General Equilibrium Appraisal of Capital Shortfall,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
18-12, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Feb 2018.
- E. Jondeau & J-G. Sahuc, 2018. "A General Equilibrium Appraisal of Capital Shortfall," Working papers 668, Banque de France.
- Suh, Hyunduk, 2014.
"Dichotomy between macroprudential policy and monetary policy on credit and inflation,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 144-149.
- Hyunduk Suh, 2012. "Dichotomy between macroprudential policy and monetary policy on credit and inflation," Working Papers 13-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Yaprak Tavman, 2015.
"A comparative analysis of macroprudential policies,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(2), pages 334-355.
- Yaprak Tavman, 2014. "A Comparative Analysis of Macroprudential Policies," Discussion Papers 14/18, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Badarau, Cristina & Levieuge, Grégory, 2011.
"Assessing the effects of financial heterogeneity in a monetary union a DSGE approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2451-2461.
- Christina Badarau & Grégory Levieuge, 2011. "Assessing the Effects of Financial Heterogeneity in a Monetary Union : A DSGE Approach," Larefi Working Papers 1108, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Florina-Cristina Badarau & Grégory Levieuge, 2011. "Assessing the Effects of Financial Heterogeneity in a Monetary Union : A DSGE Approach," Working Papers hal-00641984, HAL.
- Kozicki, Sharon, 2012. "Macro has progressed," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 23-28.
- Badarau, Cristina & Popescu, Alexandra, 2014. "Monetary policy and credit cycles: A DSGE analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 301-312.
- Sebastian Krug & Matthias Lengnick & Hans-Werner Wohltmann, 2014.
"The impact of Basel III on financial (in)stability: an agent-based credit network approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(12), pages 1917-1932, December.
- Krug, Sebastian & Lengnick, Matthias & Wohltmann, Hans-Werner, 2014. "The impact of Basel III on financial (in)stability: An agent-based credit network approach," Economics Working Papers 2014-13, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Hristov, Nikolay & Hülsewig, Oliver, 2017.
"Unexpected loan losses and bank capital in an estimated DSGE model of the euro area,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(PB), pages 161-186.
- Nikolay Hristov & Oliver Hülsewig, 2016. "Unexpected Loan Losses and Bank Capital in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area," CESifo Working Paper Series 6160, CESifo Group Munich.
- Li, Boyao, 2017. "The impact of the Basel III liquidity coverage ratio on macroeconomic stability: An agent-based approach," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-2, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Business fluctuations and cycles; Financial markets; Financial stability;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2010-11-06 (Banking)
- NEP-BEC-2010-11-06 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CBA-2010-11-06 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CTA-2010-11-06 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-DGE-2010-11-06 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2010-11-06 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2010-11-06 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:10-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bocgvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.