Sustainability of external imbalances in the OECD countries
In this paper, we provide a test of the sustainability of external imbalances in the OECD countries, over the years 1970-2007. Specifically, we deal with the case of those countries that have experienced current account deficits in more than half of the years throughout the period of analysis, and address the recent critique of Bohn (2007) on unit root and cointegration tests of the intertemporal budget constraint.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.aeefi.com|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ceyhun Bora Durdu & Enrique G. Mendoza & Marco E. Terrones, 2009.
"On the solvency of nations: are global imbalances consistent with intertemporal budget constraints?,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
975, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Marco Terrones & Ceyhun Bora Durdu, 2010. "On the Solvency of Nations: Are Global Imbalances Consistent with Intertemporal Budget Constraints?," IMF Working Papers 10/50, International Monetary Fund.
- Jyh-lin Wu & Stilianos Fountas & Show-lin Chen, 1996.
"Testing for the Sustainability of the Current Account Deficit in Two Industrial Countries,"
11, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 1996.
- Jyh-lin, Wu & Fountas, Stilianos & Show-lin, Chen, 1996. "Testing for the sustainability of the current account deficit in two industrial countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 193-198, August.
- Nicholas Apergis & Konstantinos Katrakilidis & Nicholas Tabakis, 2000. "Current account deficit sustainability: The case of Greece," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(9), pages 599-603.
- Reuven Glick & Mark M. Spiegel, 2010. "Asia and the global financial crisis: conference summary," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue mar15.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aee:wpaper:1107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jose L. Torres)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.