The effect of longevity on schooling and fertility: evidence from the Brazilian Demographic and Health Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Ryder, Harl E. & Weil, David N., 2000.
"Mortality decline, human capital investment, and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 1-23, June.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, Harl E. Ryder and David N. Weil, 1998. "Mortality Decline, Human Capital Investment, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 98-18, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Fabian Lange, 2009. "Chronic Disease Burden and the Interaction of Education, Fertility, and Growth," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 52-65, February.
- David N. Weil & Oded Galor, 1999. "From Malthusian Stagnation to Modern Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 150-154, May.
- Michael D. Hurd & Kathleen McGarry, 2002.
"The Predictive Validity of Subjective Probabilities of Survival,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 966-985, October.
- Michael D. Hurd & Kathleen McGarry, 1997. "The Predictive Validity of Subjective Probabilities of Survival," NBER Working Papers 6193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tamura, Robert, 2006. "Human capital and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 26-72, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Mortality Reductions, Educational Attainment, and Fertility Choice,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 580-601, June.
- Rodrigo R. Soares, 2003. "Mortality Reductions, Educational Attainment, and Fertility Choice," Development and Comp Systems 0312006, EconWPA.
- Rodrigo R. Soares, 2004. "Mortality Reductions, Educational Attainment, and Fertility Choice," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 9, Econometric Society.
- Titus J. Galama & Hans van Kippersluis, 2015.
"A Theory of Education and Health,"
CINCH Working Paper Series
1503, Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Competent in Competition and Health, revised Mar 2015.
- Titus Galama & Hans van Kippersluis, 2015. "A Theory of Education and Health," Working Papers WR-1094, RAND Corporation.
- Titus Galama & Hans van Kippersluis, 2015. "A Theory of Education and Health," Working Papers 2015-007, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Titus J. Galama & Hans van Kippersluis, 2015. "A Theory of Education and Health," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-031/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jean-Noël Senne, 2014.
"Death and schooling decisions over the short and long run in rural Madagascar,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 497-528, April.
- Jean-Noël SENNE, 2010. "Death and Schooling Decisions over the Short and Long Run in Rural Madagascar," Working Papers 2010-53, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Jean-Noël Senne, 2014. "Death and schooling decisions over the short and long run in rural Madagascar," Post-Print halshs-01511109, HAL.
- Jean-Noël Senne, 2014. "Death and schooling decisions over the short and long run in rural Madagascar," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00944860, HAL.
- Dirk-jan Omtzigt, 2006. "Aging and the interaction between education, retirement and the working life," Economics Series Working Papers 274, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & Samuel Pessôa & Marcelo Rodrigues Dos Santos, 2011.
"The Impact Of Aids On Income And Human Capital,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(4), pages 1104-1116, October.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Santos, Marcelo Rodrigues dos & Pessôa, Samuel de Abreu, 2009. "The impact of AIDS on income and human capital," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 690, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Dick Durevall & Annika Lindskog, 2016.
"Adult Mortality, AIDS, and Fertility in Rural Malawi,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 54(3), pages 215-242, September.
- Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika, 2013. "Adult Mortality, AIDS and Fertility in Rural Malawi," Working Papers in Economics 570, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Olumide Taiwo, 2012. "Sharing the Burden of Parental Death: Intrafamily Effects of HIV/AIDS Orphans on Fertility and Child Quality," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(2), pages 279-309.
- Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika, 2009. "How Does Communal HIV/AIDS Affect Fertility? - Evidence from Malawi," Working Papers in Economics 369, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 25 Aug 2009.
- Emily Oster & Ira Shoulson & E. Ray Dorsey, 2013. "Limited Life Expectancy, Human Capital and Health Investments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(5), pages 1977-2002, August.
- Hüseyin Sen & Ayse Kaya & Baris Alpaslan, 2015. "Education, Health, and Economic Growth Nexus: A Bootstrap Panel Granger Causality Analysis for Developing Countries," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1502, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Hansen, Casper Worm, 2013. "Life expectancy and human capital: Evidence from the international epidemiological transition," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1142-1152.
More about this item
KeywordsLongevity; Schooling; Fertility; I10; I20; J13;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:19:y:2006:i:1:p:71-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.