The Journey to Safety: Conflict-Driven Migration Flows in Colombia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- Greenwood, Michael J, et al, 1991. "Migration, Regional Equilibrium, and the Estimation of Compensating Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1382-1390, December.
- Ibáñez, Ana Maria & Vélez, Carlos Eduardo, 2008. "Civil Conflict and Forced Migration: The Micro Determinants and Welfare Losses of Displacement in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 659-676, April.
- Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew, 2003. "Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 403-423, March.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
- Ana María Ibáñez & Andrés Moya, 2006. "The Impact of Intra-State Conflict on Economic Welfare and Consumption Smoothing: Empirical Evidence for the Displaced Population in Colombia," HiCN Working Papers 23, Households in Conflict Network.
- Borjas, George J., 1998.
"To Ghetto or Not to Ghetto: Ethnicity and Residential Segregation,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 228-253, September.
- George J. Borjas, 1997. "To Ghetto or Not to Ghetto: Ethnicity and Residential Segregation," NBER Working Papers 6176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James P. LeSage & R. Kelley Pace, 2008. "Spatial Econometric Modeling Of Origin-Destination Flows," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 941-967.
- T J Fik & G F Mulligan, 1998. "Functional Form and Spatial Interaction Models," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(8), pages 1497-1507, August.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1989. "Where Do the New U.S. Immigrants Live?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 371-391, October.
- D A Griffith & K G Jones, 1980. "Explorations into the Relationship between Spatial Structure and Spatial Interaction," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 12(2), pages 187-201, February.
- Molho, Ian, 1986. "Theories of Migration: A Review," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 33(4), pages 396-419, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura H. Atuesta & Dusan Paredes, 2014. "Do Mexicans flee from violence? The effects of drug-related violence on migration decisions in Mexico," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 53, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2014.
- Kristian Behrens & Alain Pholo Bala, 2013.
"Do rent-seeking and interregional transfers contribute to urban primacy in Sub-Saharan Africa?,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 163-195, March.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & PHOLO BALA, Alain, 2006. "Do rent-seeking and interregional transfers contribute to urban primacy in sub-Saharan Africa ?," CORE Discussion Papers 2006114, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Alain Pholo Bala, 2011. "Do rent-seeking and interregional transfers contribute to urban primacy in sub-Saharan Africa?," Working Papers 237, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Eva Olimpia Arceo-Gómez, 2012.
"Drug-Related Violence and Forced Migration from Mexico to the United States,"
DTE 526, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Arceo-Gómez, Eva Olimpia, 2012. "Drug-Related Violence and Forced Migration from Mexico to the United States," MPRA Paper 44529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- K. Newbold, 2012. "Migration and regional science: opportunities and challenges in a changing environment," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(2), pages 451-468, April.
- Wharton, Kate & Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2011. "Conflict and its Impact on Educational Accumulation and Enrollment in Colombia: What We Can Learn from Recent IDPs," IZA Discussion Papers 5939, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ruth Uwaifo Oyelere & Kate Wharton, 2013. "The Impact of Conflict on Education Attainment and Enrollment in Colombia: lessons from recent IDPs," HiCN Working Papers 141, Households in Conflict Network.
- Ana María Ibá-ez, 2014. "Growth in forced displacement: cross-country, sub-national and household evidence on potential determinants," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Migration and Economic Development, chapter 13, pages 350-387 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ivlevs, Artjoms & Veliziotis, Michail, 2017. "Beyond Conflict: Long-Term Labour Market Integration of Internally Displaced Persons in Post-Socialist Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 11215, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsdisplacement; forced migration; space; violence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:inrsre:v:33:y:2010:i:2:p:157-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.