Migration and regional science: opportunities and challenges in a changing environment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geoffrey J. D. Hewings & Patricio Aroca, 2002. "Migration and regional labor market adjustment: Chile 1977-1982 and 1987-1992," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 197-218.
- John V. Winters, 2011. "Why Are Smart Cities Growing? Who Moves And Who Stays," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 253-270, 05.
- W. Mark Brown & K. Bruce Newbold & Desmond Beckstead, 2010. "Growth and Change in Human Capital across the Canadian Urban Hierarchy, 1996â€”2001," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(7), pages 1571-1586, June.
- William A V Clark & Suzanne Davies Withers, 2002. "Disentangling the interaction of migration, mobility, and labor-force participation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(5), pages 923-945, May.
- Mette Deding & Trine Filges & Jos Van Ommeren, 2009. "Spatial Mobility And Commuting: The Case Of Two-Earner Households," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 113-147.
- Thomas A. Knapp & Nancy E. White, 1992. "Migration Decisions And Site-Specific Attributes Of Public Policy: Microeconomic Evidence From The NLSY," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 22(2), pages 169-184, Fall.
- K. Bruce Newbold, 2005. "Spatial scale, return and onward migration, and the Long-Boertlein index of repeat migration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(2), pages 281-290, 06.
- María Hierro & Adolfo Maza, 2010. "Per capita income convergence and internal migration in Spain: Are foreign-born migrants playing an important role?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 89-107, 03.
- Andrew M. Isserman, 1993. "Lost In Space? On The History, Status, And Future Of Regional Science (Presidential Address, April 4, 1992)," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 23(1), pages 1-50, Summer.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003.
"Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003. "Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- Peter B Nelson, 2005. "Migration and the regional redistribution of nonearnings income in the United States: metropolitan and nonmetropolitan perspectives from 1975 to 2000," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(9), pages 1613-1636, September.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David C. Mare, 1994.
"Cities and Skills,"
NBER Working Papers
4728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maud M. Hensen & M. Robert de Vries & Frank Cörvers, 2009.
"The role of geographic mobility in reducing education-job mismatches in the Netherlands,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 667-682, 08.
- Hensen Maud M. & Vries M. Robert de & Cï¿½rvers Frank, 2009. "The role of geographic mobility in reducing education-job mismatches in the Netherlands," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Philippe Lemistre & Nicolas Moreau, 2009.
"Spatial Mobility And Returns To Education: Some Evidence From A Sample Of French Youth,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 149-176.
- Lemistre, Philippe & Moreau, Nicolas, 2006. "Spatial Mobility and Returns to Education: Some Evidence from a Sample of French Youth," IZA Discussion Papers 2369, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clark, William A. V. & Huang, Youqin & Withers, Suzanne, 2003. "Does commuting distance matter?: Commuting tolerance and residential change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 199-221, March.
- Andrei Rogers & James Raymer & K. Bruce Newbold, 2003. "Reconciling and translating migration data collected over time intervals of differing widths," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 581-601, December.
- Ceren Ozgen & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2010.
"The effect of migration on income growth and convergence: Meta-analytic evidence,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 537-561, 08.
- Ozgen, Ceren & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2009. "The Effect of Migration on Income Growth and Convergence: Meta-Analytic Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 4522, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- K Bruce Newbold, 2008. "Interprovincial migration and retirement income transfers among Canada’s older population: 1996 – 2001," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(6), pages 1501-1516, June.
- Nancy Lozano-Gracia & Gianfranco Piras & Ana Maria IbÃ¡Ã±ez & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2010. "The Journey to Safety: Conflict-Driven Migration Flows in Colombia," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 33(2), pages 157-180, April.
- Manfred M Fischer & Martin Reismann & Katerina Hlavackova-Schindler, 2003. "Neural Network Modeling of Constrained Spatial Interaction Flows: Design, Estimation, and Performance Issues," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 35-61.
- Allen J. Scott, 2010. "Jobs or amenities? Destination choices of migrant engineers in the USA," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 43-63, 03.
- Andrei Rogers & Bryan Jones & Virgilio Partida & Salut Muhidin, 2007. "Inferring migration flows from the migration propensities of infants: Mexico and Indonesia," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 443-465, June.
- Brigitte Waldorf, 2009. "Is human capital accumulation a self-propelling process? Comparing educational attainment levels of movers and stayers," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 323-344, June.
- Piet Rietveld & Peter Nijkamp & Jos van Ommeren, 2000. "Job mobility, residential mobility and commuting: A theoretical analysis using search theory," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 213-232.
- Philip Watson & Stephen Davies, 2011. "Modeling the effects of population growth on water resources: a CGE analysis of the South Platte River Basin in Colorado," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 331-348, April.
- David Levinson, 1997.
"Job and Housing Tenure and the Journey to Work,"
199702, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Plane, David, A., 2000. "The Role of Regional Science in Migration and Population Research," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 30(1), pages 79-83, Summer.
- Kaluzny, Richard L, 1975. "Determinants of Household Migration: A Comparative Study by Race and Poverty Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 269-74, August.
- Mitch Renkow & Dale Hoover, 2000. "Commuting, Migration, and Rural-Urban Population Dynamics," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 261-287.
- Chan, Sewin, 1996. "Residential mobility and mortgages," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 287-311, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:48:y:2012:i:2:p:451-468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.