The effect of migration on income growth and convergence: Meta-analytic evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ozgen, Ceren & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2009. "The Effect of Migration on Income Growth and Convergence: Meta-Analytic Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 4522, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2005.
"Migration selectivity and the evolution of spatial inequality,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Migration Selectivity And The Evolution Of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 127769, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Migration Selectivity and the Evolution of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 2004-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Maria Abreu Henri L. F. de Groot & Raymond J. G. M. Florax, 2005. "A Meta-Analysis of β-Convergence: the Legendary 2%," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 389-420, July.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003.
"Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, pages 317-338.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003. "Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Jacques Poot, 2007. "Demographic Change and Regional Competitiveness: The Effects of Immigration and Ageing," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-64, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
- Reichlin, Pietro & Rustichini, Aldo, 1998. "Diverging patterns with endogenous labor migration," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 703-728, May.
- DOBSON, Steve & RAMLOGAN, Carlyn & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Why do rates of convergence differ ? A meta-regression analysis," CORE Discussion Papers 2003020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rappaport, Jordan, 2005.
"How does labor mobility affect income convergence?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 567-581, March.
- Jordan Rappaport, 1999. "How does labor mobility affect income convergence?," Research Working Paper 99-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Jordan M. Rappaport, 2000. "How Does Labor Mobility Affect Income Convergence?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0124, Econometric Society.
- Jon Nelson & Peter Kennedy, 2009. "The Use (and Abuse) of Meta-Analysis in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics: An Assessment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(3), pages 345-377, March.
- Adolfo Maza, 2006. "Migrations and Regional Convergence: The Case of Spain," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 26(2), pages 191-202, October.
- Bernard Fingleton & Manfred Fischer, 2010.
"Neoclassical theory versus new economic geography: competing explanations of cross-regional variation in economic development,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 467-491, June.
- Fingleton, Bernard & Fischer, Manfred M., 2010. "Neoclassical Theory versus New Economic Geography. Competing explanations of cross-regional variation in economic development," MPRA Paper 77554, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hideaki Toya & Kaoru Hosono & Tatsuji Makino, 2004. "Human Capital, Migration, and Regional Income Convergence in the Philippines," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d03-18, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Murat G. Kırdar & D. Şirin Saracoğlu, 2008.
"Migration and regional convergence: An empirical investigation for Turkey,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 545-566, November.
- Kirdar, Murat & Saracoglu, Sirin, 2007. "Migration and Regional Convergence: An Empirical Investigation for Turkey," MPRA Paper 2648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laura de Dominicis & Raymond J. G. M. Florax & Henri L. F. de Groot, 2008. "A Meta-Analysis On The Relationship Between Income Inequality And Economic Growth," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(5), pages 654-682, November.
- Ugo Fratesi & Massimiliano Riggi, 2004. "Migration and Regional Disparities: the Role of Skill Biased Flows," Urban/Regional 0407004, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Huber & Gabriele Tondl, 2012.
"Migration and regional convergence in the European Union,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 439-460, November.
- Gabriele Tondl & Peter Huber, 2011. "Migration and Regional Convergence in the European Union," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1761, European Regional Science Association.
- Peter Huber & Gabriele Tondl, 2012. "Migration and Regional Convergence in the European Union," WIFO Working Papers 419, WIFO.
- ., 2012. "Migration impact assessment: a state of the art," Chapters,in: Migration Impact Assessment, chapter 1, pages 3-62 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sofia Tano, 2014. "Regional clustering of human capital: school grades and migration of university graduates," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(2), pages 561-581, March.
- Kourtit, Karima & Nijkamp, Peter & Gheasi, Masood, 2017. "Fortunado’s, Desperado’s and Clandestino’s in Diaspora Labour Markets: The Circular 'Homo Mobilis'," GLO Discussion Paper Series 39, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Hildegunn Stokke & JÃ¶rn RattsÃ¶, 2011. "Income convergence, migration and geography: Distribution analysis of regions in Norway," ERSA conference papers ersa10p174, European Regional Science Association.
- Fernandez-Leiceaga, Xoaquin & Lago-Peñas, Santiago & Sánchez, Patricio, 2013.
"¿Ha contribuido la población inmigrante a la convergencia interregional en España?
[On the contribution of immigrants to interregional convergence in Spain]," MPRA Paper 52381, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- K. Newbold, 2012. "Migration and regional science: opportunities and challenges in a changing environment," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(2), pages 451-468, April.
- Kubis, Alexander & Schneider, Lutz, 2012.
"Human capital mobility and convergence : a spatial dynamic panel model of the German regions,"
IAB Discussion Paper
201223, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Kubis, Alexander & Schneider, Lutz, 2012. "Human Capital Mobility and Convergence – A Spatial Dynamic Panel Model of the German Regions," IWH Discussion Papers 9/2012, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Gladys Lopez-Acevedo, 2009. "Latin America - Determinants of Regional Welfare Disparities within Latin American Countries : Synthesis," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3048, The World Bank.
- Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2015. "Cultural Diversity - A Matter of Measurement," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1502, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Licia Ferranna & Margherita Gerolimetto & Stefano Magrini, 2016. "The effect of immigration on convergence dynamics in the US," Working Papers 2016:27, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Şule Akkoyunlu, 2012. "Intervening Opportunities and Competing Migrants in Turkish migration to Germany, 1969-2008," Migration Letters, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 9(2), pages 155-175, May.
- Nijkamp, P. & Poot, H.J., 2012. "Migration impact assessment: A state of the art," Serie Research Memoranda 0009, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "Migration Impact Assessment: A Review of Evidence-Based Findings," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 4(2), pages 179-208, December.
- Celbis, Mehmet Güney & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2013. "How big is the impact of infrastructure on trade? Evidence from meta-analysis," MERIT Working Papers 032, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Stephan Brunow & Hanna Brenzel, 2012. "The effect of a culturally diverse labour supply on regional income in the EU," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 461-485, November.
- Nadia Granato & Anette Haas & Silke Hamann & Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2015. "The Impact Of Skill-Specific Migration On Regional Unemployment Disparities In Germany," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 513-539, September.
- Annie Tubadji & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Cultural Distance and Gravity Effects among Migrants," ERSA conference papers ersa13p484, European Regional Science Association.
- Timo Mitze & Torben Schmidt, 2015. "Internal migration, regional labor markets and the role of agglomeration economies," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 55(1), pages 61-101, October.
More about this item
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:presci:v:89:y:2010:i:3:p:537-561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1056-8190 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.