Spatial Inequality, Migration, and Economic Growth in Chile
Between 1975 and 2000, annual per-capita GDP in Chile grew at 5%. Yet, regions did not benefit equally: poverty declined significantly in all regions but regional income inequality remained stagnant. We found that convergence in per-capita income and prod
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published as "Spatial Inequality, Migration and Economic Growth in Chile", Cuadernos de Economía, Vol. 41, Nº 124, pp. 401-424, 2004.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr., 2001.
"Externalities and Cities,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 4(2), pages 245-274, April.
- Juan Eduardo Coeymans, 1983.
"Determinantes de la Migración Rural-Urbana en Chile, Según Origen y Destino,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 20(59), pages 43-64.
- Juan Eduardo Coeymans, . "Determinantes de la Migración Rural-Urbana en Chile según Origen y Destino," Documentos de Trabajo 81, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003.
"Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
551, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia: evidence from panel data," Working Papers w0027, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Andrienko, Yuri & Guriev, Sergei, 2003. "Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 3835, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patricio Aroca & Mariano Bosch, 2000. "Crecimiento, convergencia y espacio en las regiones chilenas: 1960 - 1998," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 27(2 Year 20), pages 199-224, December.
- Canova, Fabio & Marcet, Albert, 1995.
"The Poor Stay Poor: Non-Convergence Across Countries and Regions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1265, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabio Canova & Albert Marcet, 1995. "The poor stay poor: Non-convergence across countries and regions," Economics Working Papers 137, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1999.
- Robert E. B. Lucas, 1994.
"Internal Migration in Developing Countries,"
Boston University - Institute for Economic Development
43, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- T. W. Swan, 1956. "ECONOMIC GROWTH and CAPITAL ACCUMULATION," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 334-361, November.
- Swan, Trevor W, 2002. "Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(243), pages 375-80, December.
- Gustavo Anríquez & Kevin Cowan & José De Gregorio, 1998. "Poverty and Macroeconomic Policies: Chile 1987-1994," Documentos de Trabajo 27, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Wright, Peter & Joanne Lindley & Richard Upward, 2003. "Regional mobility and unemployment transitions in the UK and Spain," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 223, Royal Economic Society.
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John, 1998.
"The Housing Market and Regional Commuting and Migration Choices,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1945, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John, 1998. "The Housing Market and Regional Commuting and Migration Choices," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 45(4), pages 420-46, September.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:doctra:274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.