Internal migration in developing countries
In: Handbook of Population and Family Economics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert E. B. Lucas, 1994. "Internal Migration in Developing Countries," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 43, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Kennan & James R. Walker, 2011.
"The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 79(1), pages 211-251, January.
- Kennan,J. & Walker,J.R., 2003. "The effect of expected income on individual migration decisions," Working papers 7, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- John Kennan & James R. Walker, 2003. "The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions," NBER Working Papers 9585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2006.
"Illegal Migration from Mexico to the United States,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 869-924, December.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2006. "Illegal Migration from Mexico to the United States," NBER Working Papers 12141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nobuhiko Fuwa, 2010.
"Should We Track Migrant Households When Collecting Household Panel Data? Household Relocation, Economic Mobility, and Attrition Biases in the Rural Philippines,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(1), pages 56-82.
- Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2010. "Should We Track Migrant Households When Collecting Household Panel Data?:Household Relocation, Economic Mobility and Attrition Biases in the Rural Philippines," MPRA Paper 28787, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ralitza Dimova & Gil S. Epstein & Ira N. Gang, 2015.
"Migration, Transfers and Child Labor,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 735-747, August.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2011. "Migration, Transfers and Child Labor," IZA Discussion Papers 5641, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ralitza Dimova & Gil S. Epstein & Ira N. Gang, 2015. "Migration, Transfers and Child Labor," Departmental Working Papers 201523, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Ralitza Dimova & Gil S. Epstein & Ira N. Gang, 2011. "Migration, Transfers and Child Labor," Working Papers 297, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Deb, Partha & Seck, Papa, 2009.
"Internal Migration, Selection Bias and Human Development: Evidence from Indonesia and Mexico,"
19214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Partha Deb & Papa Seck, 2009. "Internal Migration, Selection Bias and Human Development: Evidence from Indonesia and Mexico," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-31, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Jul 2009.
- Brockmeier, Martina & Kurzweil, Marianne, 2003. "Eu-Migration In The Context Of Liberalizing Agricultural Markets," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21953, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Raimundo Soto & Arístides Torche, 2004.
"Spatial Inequality, Migration and Economic Growth in Chile,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 41(124), pages 401-424.
- Raimundo Soto & Arístides Torche, 2004. "Spatial Inequality, Migration, and Economic Growth in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 274, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003.
"Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
551, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia: evidence from panel data," Working Papers w0027, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Andrienko, Yuri & Guriev, Sergei, 2003. "Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 3835, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mika Haapanen & Jari RitsilÃ¤, 2001. "Can migration decisions be affected by income taxation policies?," ERSA conference papers ersa01p41, European Regional Science Association.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2008.
"Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 150-175, February.
- Mariapia MENDOLA, 2005. "Migration and technological change in rural households: complements or substitutes?," Departmental Working Papers 2005-15, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Aroca Gonzalez, Patricio & Maloney, William F., 2005. "Migration, trade, and foreign investment in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3601, The World Bank.
- Robert E. B. Lucas, 2000. "The Effects of Proximity and Transportation on Developing Country Population Migrations," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-111, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo & Levy, Amnon, 2003. "Illegal Immigration and Migrant Networks: Is There an Optimal Immigration Quota Policy?," Economics Working Papers wp03-08, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Qiming Liu & Barry Reilly, 2004. "Income transfers of Chinese rural migrants: some empirical evidence from Jinan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1295-1313.
- William Maloney & Patricio Aroca, 2004. "Migration, Trade and FDI in Mexico," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 329, Econometric Society.
- Zheren WU, 2008. "Relative Income Positions and Labor Migration: A Panel Study Based on a Rural Household Survey in China," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-24, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
More about this item
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:popchp:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .