Network mechanisms and social ties in markets for low- and unskilled jobs: (theory and) evidence from North-India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Banerjee, Biswajit, 1991. "The determinants of migrating with a pre-arranged job and of the initial duration of urban unemployment : An analysis based on Indian data on rural-to-urban migrants," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 337-351, October.
- Oriana Bandiera & Iwan Barankay & Imran Rasul, 2009.
"Social Connections and Incentives in the Workplace: Evidence From Personnel Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1047-1094, July.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Barankay, Iwan & Rasul, Imran, 2008. "Social Connections and Incentives in the Workplace: Evidence from Personnel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 3917, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bandiera, Oriana & Barankay, Iwan & Rasul, Imran, 2009. "Social Connections and Incentives in the Workplace: Evidence from Personnel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 7114, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dean Karlan & Markus Mobius & Tanya Rosenblat & Adam Szeidl, 2009.
"Trust and Social Collateral,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1307-1361.
- Markus Mobius & Adam Szeidl, 2007. "Trust and Social Collateral," NBER Working Papers 13126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Szeidl, Adam & Rosenblat, Tanya & Mobius, Markus & Karlan, Dean, 2009. "Trust and Social Collateral," Scholarly Articles 3051620, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Karlan, Dean & Mobius, Markus & Rosenblat, Tanya & Szeidl, Adam, 2009. "Trust and Social Collateral," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13026, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Social Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 115-136, Summer.
- Vegard Iversen & Gaute Torsvik, 2010. "Networks, middlemen and other (urban) labour market mysteries," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 62-80, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dhillon, Amrita & Iversen, Vegard & Torsvik, Gaute, 2012. "Employee referral, social proximity and worker discipline," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 90, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
More about this item
KeywordsWork Migration; Social Networks; Screening; Moral Hazard;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2012-01-03 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-LMA-2012-01-03 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2012-01-03 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-NET-2012-01-03 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-01-03 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2012-01-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:bergec:2011_014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell Erik Lommerud). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iouibno.html .