Migration and Regional Disparities: the Role of Skill Biased Flows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Rikard Forslid & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2003. "An analytically solvable core-periphery model," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 229-240, July.
- Puga, Diego, 1999.
"The rise and fall of regional inequalities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 303-334, February.
- Diego Puga, 1996. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEP Discussion Papers dp0314, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Puga, Diego, 1996. "The rise and fall of regional inequalities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20643, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Puga, Diego, 1997. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEPR Discussion Papers 1575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Barro, Robert T. & Sala-I-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Regional growth and migration: A Japan-United States comparison," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 312-346, December.
- Wood, Adrian & Ridao-Cano, Cristobal, 1999. "Skill, Trade, and International Inequality," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 89-119, January.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2002. "Technological Superiority and the Losses from Migration," NBER Working Papers 8971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Martin, 1998. "Can Regional Policies Affect Growth and Geography in Europe?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 757-774, August.
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003.
"Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
562.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 576.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," Working Papers 70, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Chiara Bentivogli & Patrizio Pagano, 1999. "Regional Disparities and Labour Mobility: the Euro-11 versus the USA," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 13(3), pages 737-760, September.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2002. "Brain Drain and LDCs' Growth: Winners and Losers," Working Papers 2002-08, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Jari Ritsila & Marko Ovaskainen, 2001. "Migration and regional centralization of human capital," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 317-325.
- Maurel, Francoise & Sedillot, Beatrice, 1999. "A measure of the geographic concentration in french manufacturing industries," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 575-604, September.
- Shields, Gail M & Shields, Michael P, 1989. " The Emergence of Migration Theory and a Suggested New Direction," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 277-304.
- Jonathan Coppel & Jean-Christophe Dumont & Ignazio Visco, 2001. "Trends in Immigration and Economic Consequences," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 284, OECD Publishing.
- Commander, Simon & Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan, 2003. "The Brain Drain: Curse or Boon?," IZA Discussion Papers 809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- ITAZUBI 2016: euro ed emigrazione (pardon: mobilità del lavoro)
by Alberto Bagnai in Goofynomics on 2016-03-10 15:04:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fratesi, Ugo, 2007. "The Spatial Diffusion of Innovations and the Evolution of Regional Disparities," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 11, pages 131-160.
- Ugo Fratesi, 2008.
"Regional policy from a supra-regional perspective,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 42(3), pages 681-703, September.
- Ugo Fratesi, 2004. "Regional policy from a supra-regional perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa04p509, European Regional Science Association.
- Ugo FRATESI, 2005. "Regional Policy from a Supra-Regional Perspective," Working Papers 245, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Terry Gregory & Melanie Arntz & Florian Lehmer, 2011. "Unequal Pay or Unequal Employment? What Drives the Self-Selection of Internal Migrants in Germany?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p972, European Regional Science Association.
- Terry Gregory & Roberto Patuelli, 2015.
"Demographic ageing and the polarization of regionsâ€”an exploratory spaceâ€“time analysis,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 47(5), pages 1192-1210, May.
- Terry Gregory & Roberto Patuelli, 2013. "Demographic Ageing and the Polarization of Regions - An Exploratory Space-Time Analysis," Working Paper series 51_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Feb 2015.
- T. Gregory & R. Patuelli, 2013. "Regional Age Structure, Human Capital and Innovation - Is Demographic Ageing Increasing Regional Disparities?," Working Papers wp900, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Gregory, Terry & Patuelli, Roberto, 2013. "Regional age structure, human capital and innovation: Is demographic ageing increasing regional disparities?," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-057, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Naude, Wim, 2008. "Conflict, Disasters, and No Jobs: Reasons for International Migration from Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 085, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Andries de Grip & Didier Fouarge & Jan Sauermann, 2010.
"What affects international migration of European science and engineering graduates?,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 407-421.
- Grip Andries de & Fouarge Didier & Sauermann Jan, 2008. "What affects international migration of European science and engineering graduates?," ROA Research Memorandum 006, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- de Grip, Andries & Fouarge, Didier & Sauermann, Jan, 2009. "What Affects International Migration of European Science and Engineering Graduates?," IZA Discussion Papers 4268, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ceren Ozgen & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2010.
"The effect of migration on income growth and convergence: Meta-analytic evidence,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 537-561, August.
- Ozgen, Ceren & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2009. "The Effect of Migration on Income Growth and Convergence: Meta-Analytic Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 4522, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arntz, Melanie & Gregory, Terry & Lehmer, Florian, 2011.
"Unequal pay or unequal employment? What drives the skill-composition of labor flows in Germany?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
11-074, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arntz, Melanie & Gregory, Terry & Lehmer, Florian, 2012. "Unequal Pay or Unequal Employment? What Drives the Skill-Composition of Labor Flows in Germany?," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62309, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kubis, Alexander & Schneider, Lutz, 2012.
"Human capital mobility and convergence : a spatial dynamic panel model of the German regions,"
IAB Discussion Paper
201223, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Kubis, Alexander & Schneider, Lutz, 2012. "Human Capital Mobility and Convergence – A Spatial Dynamic Panel Model of the German Regions," IWH Discussion Papers 9/2012, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
More about this item
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-07-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2004-07-18 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpur:0407004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .