Unequal Pay or Unequal Employment? What Drives the Self-Selection of Internal Migrants in Germany?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Benoit Dostie & Pierre Thomas Léger, 2006.
"Self-selection in migration and returns to unobservable skills,"
Cahiers de recherche
06-01, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Dostie, Benoit & Léger, Pierre Thomas, 2006. "Self-Selection in Migration and Returns to Unobservable Skills," IZA Discussion Papers 1942, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gary L. Hunt & Richard E. Mueller, 2004. "North American Migration: Returns to Skill, Border Effects, and Mobility Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 988-1007, November.
- Herbert BrÃ¼cker & Parvati TrÃ¼bswetter, 2007.
"Do the best go west? An analysis of the self-selection of employed East-West migrants in Germany,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 371-395, September.
- Herbert Brücker & Parvati Trübswetter, 2004. "Do the Best Go West?: An Analysis of the Self-Selection of Employed East-West Migrants in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 396, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brücker, Herbert & Trübswetter, Parvati, 2004. "Do the Best Go West? An Analysis of the Self-Selection of Employed East-West Migrants in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 986, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Borjas, George J. & Bronars, Stephen G. & Trejo, Stephen J., 1992.
"Self-selection and internal migration in the United States,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-185, September.
- George J. Borjas & Stephen G. Bronars & Stephen J. Trejo, 1992. "Self-Selection and Internal Migration in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johannes Gernandt & Friedhelm Pfeiffer, 2008.
"Wage Convergence and Inequality after Unification: (East) Germany in Transition,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
107, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Gernandt, Johannes & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2008. "Wage Convergence and Inequality after Unification: (East) Germany in Transition," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-022, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2005.
"Migration selectivity and the evolution of spatial inequality,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Migration Selectivity And The Evolution Of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 127769, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Migration Selectivity and the Evolution of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 2004-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Melanie Arntz, 2010.
"What Attracts Human Capital? Understanding the Skill Composition of Interregional Job Matches in Germany,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 423-441.
- Arntz, Melanie, 2006. "What attracts human capital? Understanding the skill composition of interregional job matches in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-062, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- A. D. Roy, 1951. "Some Thoughts On The Distribution Of Earnings," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 135-146.
- Ugo Fratesi & Massimiliano Riggi, 2004. "Migration and Regional Disparities: the Role of Skill Biased Flows," Urban/Regional 0407004, EconWPA.
- Ashok Parikh & Michiel Van Leuvensteijn, 2002. "Internal Migration in Regions of Germany: A Panel Data Analysis," Economics Working Papers 012, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen & Mahlstedt, Robert, 2017.
"The return to labor market mobility: An evaluation of relocation assistance for the unemployed,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 136-151.
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen & Mahlstedt, Robert, 2015. "The Return to Labor Market Mobility: An Evaluation of Relocation Assistance for the Unemployed," IZA Discussion Papers 9183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthias Wrede, 2015. "Akzeptanz der Förderung gleichwertiger Lebensverhältnisse und Arbeitsbedingungen," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 35(1), pages 103-119, February.
- Caliendo, Marco & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hennecke, Juliane & Uhlendorff, Arne, 2015.
"Job Search, Locus of Control, and Internal Migration,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9600, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Juliane Hennecke & Arne Uhlendorff, 2016. "Job Search, Locus of Control, and Internal Migration," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 818, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2011-11-14 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2011-11-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2011-11-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2011-11-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .