Analyse der Berücksichtigung eines Wanderungsindikators im Rahmen der Abgrenzung des GRW-Fördergebiets : Gutachten für die Gemeinschaftsaufgabe "Verbesserung der regionalen Wirtschaftsstruktur" im Auftrag des Hessischen Ministeriums für Wirtschaft, Verkehr und Landesentwicklung
"The Joint Task 'Improvement of the Regional Economic Structure' delimits the German promotion areas. For this purpose different indicators reflecting the labor market situation and regional income are linked. So far, no indicator is considered that indicates the demographic change of regions. The Institute for Employment Research was commissioned to produce an expert report on the question if inclusion of a migration indicator could give further information about demographic and other aspects concerning the regional labor market situation. This paper presents the results of the analysis which was financed by the Ministry of economics, transport, urban and regional development of the State of Hesse. We examine the effects of additionally considering migration to determine the contour of the assisted area theoretically as well as in a simulation model. There is some evidence that the inclusion of a migration indicator in the comprehensive model leads to some additional information on regional problems." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
|Date of creation:||04 Aug 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Regensburger Str. 104, D-90327 Nürnberg|
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patrick A. Puhani, 2001.
"Labour Mobility: An Adjustment Mechanism in Euroland? Empirical Evidence for Western Germany, France and Italy,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 2(2), pages 127-140, 05.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 1999. "Labour mobility - an adjustment mechanism in Euroland? Empirical evidence for Western Germany, France and Italy," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-47, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- DaVanzo, Julie, 1978. "Does Unemployment Affect Migration?-Evidence from Micro Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(4), pages 504-14, November.
- Murat G. Kırdar & D. Şirin Saracoğlu, 2008.
"Migration and regional convergence: An empirical investigation for Turkey,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 545-566, November.
- Kirdar, Murat & Saracoglu, Sirin, 2007. "Migration and Regional Convergence: An Empirical Investigation for Turkey," MPRA Paper 2648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashok Parikh & Michiel Van Leuvensteijn, 2002. "Internal Migration in Regions of Germany: A Panel Data Analysis," Economics Working Papers 012, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2000.
"Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
201, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?," NBER Working Papers 7564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?," IZA Discussion Papers 123, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live In East Germany?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Herbert Brücker & Parvati Trübswetter, 2004.
"Do the Best Go West?: An Analysis of the Self-Selection of Employed East-West Migrants in Germany,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
396, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Herbert BrÃ¼cker & Parvati TrÃ¼bswetter, 2007. "Do the best go west? An analysis of the self-selection of employed East-West migrants in Germany," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 371-395, September.
- Brücker, Herbert & Trübswetter, Parvati, 2004. "Do the Best Go West? An Analysis of the Self-Selection of Employed East-West Migrants in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 986, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2005.
"Migration selectivity and the evolution of spatial inequality,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Migration Selectivity And The Evolution Of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 127769, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Migration Selectivity and the Evolution of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 2004-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- J. Paul Elhorst, 2003. "The Mystery of Regional Unemployment Differentials: Theoretical and Empirical Explanations," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 709-748, December.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2004.
"Trade, Migration and Regional Unemployment,"
199, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Danielle Devogelaer, 2004. "Working Paper 08-04 - Interne migraties in België: wie, waarom en naar welke gemeenten? En waarom niet naar steden?," Working Papers 0408, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- Ludo Peeters, 2008. "Selective In-migration and Income Convergence and Divergence across Belgian Municipalities," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 905-921.
- ., 2004. "K," Chapters, in: An Eponymous Dictionary of Economics, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & McMaster, Ian, 1990. "Regional Migration, Wages and Unemployment: Empirical Evidence and Implications for Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 812-31, October.
- Jens Suedekum, 2004. "Selective migration, union wage setting and unemployment disparities in West Germany," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 33-48.
- Knapp, Thomas A. & Graves, Philip E., 1989. "On the role of amenities in models of migration and regional development," MPRA Paper 19914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr & Nadia Granato & Anette Haas & Silke Hamann, 2012.
"Does Labour Mobility Reduce Disparities between Regional Labour Markets in Germany?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 841-858, September.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Granato, Nadia & Haas, Anette & Hamann, Silke, 2009. "Does labour mobility reduce disparities between regional labour markets in Germany?," IAB Discussion Paper 200915, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Burda, Michael C & Wyplosz, Charles, 1991.
"Human Capital, Investment and Migration in an Integrated Europe,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
614, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burda, Michael & Wyplosz, Charles, 1992. "Human capital, investment and migration in an integrated Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 677-684, April.
- Jörg Decressin, 1994. "Internal migration in West Germany and implications for East-West salary convergence," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(2), pages 231-257, June.
- Richard J. Cebula, 1980. "Geographic Mobility and the Cost of Living: An Exploratory Note," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 17(3), pages 353-355, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabfob:201104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.