Migrations and Regional Convergence: The Case of Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Pekkala, Sari & Tervo, Hannu, 2002. " Unemployment and Migration: Does Moving Help?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 621-639, December.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Etsuro Shioji, 1992. "Regional growth in Japan," Economics Working Papers 138, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 1995.
- Maza, Adolfo & Villaverde, Jose, 2004. "Interregional Migration in Spain: A Semiparametric Analysis," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2), pages 156-171.
- Drennan, Matthew P. & Lobo, Jose, 1999. "A Simple Test for Convergence of Metropolitan Income in the United States," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 350-359, November.
- Solow, Robert M., 2000. "Growth Theory: An Exposition," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195109030.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- Adolfo Maza & Jose Villaverde, 2004. "Regional disparities in the EU: mobility and polarization," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(8), pages 517-522.
- Shields, Gail M & Shields, Michael P, 1989. " The Emergence of Migration Theory and a Suggested New Direction," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 277-304.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Etzo, Ivan, 2007. "Determinants of interregional migration in Italy:A panel data analysis," MPRA Paper 5307, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Celia Melguizo Cháfe & Vicente Royuela, 2017.
"“What drives migration moves across urban areas in Spain?. Evidence from the Great Recession”,"
AQR Working Papers
201709, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Sep 2017.
- Celia Melguizo & Vicente Royuela, 2017. "“What drives migration moves across urban areas in Spain? Evidence from the Great Recession”," IREA Working Papers 201717, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Oct 2017.
- Celia Melguizo & Vicente Royuela, 2017. "What drives migration moves across urban areas in Spain? Evidence from the Great Recession," Working Papers XREAP2017-03, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2017.
- María Hierro, 2009. "Modelling the dynamics of internal migration flows in Spain," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 683-692, August.
- María Hierro & Adolfo Maza, 2010. "Per capita income convergence and internal migration in Spain: Are foreign‐born migrants playing an important role?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 89-107, March.
- Etzo, Ivan, 2008. "Internal migration: a review of the literature," MPRA Paper 8783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elena Vakulenko, 2016.
"Does migration lead to regional convergence in Russia?,"
International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25.
- Elena Vakulenko, 2014. "Does migration lead to regional convergence in Russia?," HSE Working papers WP BRP 53/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Elena Vakulenko, 2015. "Does Migration Lead to Regional Convergence in Russia?," Discussion Papers 6_2015, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Yogi Vidyattama, 2016. "Inter-provincial migration and 1975–2005 regional growth in Indonesia," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95, pages 87-105, March.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Daniel Liviano-SolÃs, 2012. "Migration Determinants at a Local Level," ERSA conference papers ersa12p500, European Regional Science Association.
- Ceren Ozgen & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2010.
"The effect of migration on income growth and convergence: Meta‐analytic evidence,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 537-561, August.
- Ozgen, Ceren & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2009. "The Effect of Migration on Income Growth and Convergence: Meta-Analytic Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 4522, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:rre:publsh:v48:y:2018:i:3:p:401-425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romano Piras, 2017. "A long-run analysis of push and pull factors of internal migration in Italy. Estimation of a gravity model with human capital using homogeneous and heterogeneous approaches," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(3), pages 571-602, August.
- Etzo, Ivan, 2008. "Internal migration and growth in Italy," MPRA Paper 8642, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ceren Ozgen & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2009. "The Effect of Migration on Income Convergence: Meta-Analytic Evidence," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-022/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- María Gutiérrez-Portilla & Adolfo Maza & María Hierro, 2018. "Foreigners versus natives in Spain: different migration patterns? Any changes in the aftermath of the crisis?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 61(1), pages 139-159, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMigratory flows; Spanish regions; Per capita income; Convergence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jahrfr:v:26:y:2006:i:2:p:191-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.