“What drives migration moves across urban areas in Spain?. Evidence from the Great Recession”
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Celia Melguizo & Vicente Royuela, 2017. "What drives migration moves across urban areas in Spain? Evidence from the Great Recession," Working Papers XREAP2017-03, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2017.
- Celia Melguizo & Vicente Royuela, 2017. "“What drives migration moves across urban areas in Spain? Evidence from the Great Recession”," IREA Working Papers 201717, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Oct 2017.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bentolila, Samuel, 1997. "Sticky labor in Spanish regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 591-598, April.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2006. "Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(4), pages 967-1012, July.
- Anil Rupasingha & Yongzheng Liu & Mark Partridge, 2015. "Rural Bound: Determinants of Metro to Non-Metro Migration in the United States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(3), pages 680-700.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2008.
"Lost in space: population growth in the American hinterlands and small cities,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(6), pages 727-757, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2007. "Lost in Space: Population Dynamics in the American Hinterlands and Small Cities," Economics Working Paper Series 0707, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Celia Melguizo, 2017.
"An analysis of Okun’s law for the Spanish provinces,"
Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 37(1), pages 59-90, February.
- Celia Melguizo, 2015. "An analysis of Okun?s law for the Spanish provinces," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1558, European Regional Science Association.
- Clemente, Jesús & Larramona, Gemma & Olmos, Lorena, 2013. "Interregional migration and thresholds: evidence in Spain," MPRA Paper 47631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mulhern, Alan & Watson, John, 2009. "Spanish internal migration: is there anything new to say?," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-1, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1979. "The Migration Decision: What Role Does Job Mobility Play?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 775-786, December.
- Détang-Dessendre, Cécile & Partridge, Mark D. & Piguet, Virginie, 2016. "Local labor market flexibility in a perceived low migration country: The case of French labor markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 89-103.
- repec:taf:specan:v:11:y:2016:i:3:p:276-293 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure," CESifo Working Paper Series 1331, CESifo Group Munich.
- Howard J. Wall, 2001. "articles: Voting with your feet in the United Kingdom: Using cross-migration rates to estimate relative living standards," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(1), pages 1-23.
- Francisco Ruiz González & Francisco José Goerlich Gisbert, 2014. "Taxonomía y representación de los cambios en los municipios españoles," Working Papers. Serie EC 2014-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alan Mulhern & John Watson, 2010. "Spanish inter-regional migration: an enigma resolved," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(14), pages 1355-1359.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- Ernest Miguélez & Rosina Moreno, 2014. "What Attracts Knowledge Workers? The Role Of Space And Social Networks," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 33-60, January.
- Adolfo Maza, 2006. "Migrations and Regional Convergence: The Case of Spain," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 26(2), pages 191-202, October.
- Graves, Philip E., 1979.
"A life-cycle empirical analysis of migration and climate, by race,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 135-147, April.
- Graves, Philip E., 1979. "A life-cycle empirical analysis of migration and climate, by race," MPRA Paper 19921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bianca Biagi & Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2011. "Long and Short Distance Migration in Italy: The Role of Economic, Social and Environmental Characteristics," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 111-131.
- Maza, Adolfo & Villaverde, Jose, 2004. "Interregional Migration in Spain: A Semiparametric Analysis," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2), pages 156-171.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2006. "Staunching Emigration from East Germany: Age and the Determinants of Migration," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(5), pages 1014-1037, September.
- Alan Mulhern & John Watson, 2009. "Spanish Internal Migration: Is there Anything New to Say?," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 103-120.
- Stephen T. Marston, 1985. "Two Views of the Geographic Distribution of Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 57-79.
- Graves, Philip E., 1983. "Migration with a composite amenity: the role of rents," MPRA Paper 19917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & Andrés Maroto, 2016. "Unbalanced regional resilience to the economic crisis in Spain: a tale of specialisation and productivity," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 9(1), pages 153-178.
- Graves, Philip E., 1976. "A reexamination of migration, economic opportunity, and the quality of life," MPRA Paper 19918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Knapp, Thomas A. & Graves, Philip E., 1989. "On the role of amenities in models of migration and regional development," MPRA Paper 19914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jackman, Richard & Savouri, Savvas, 1992. "Regional Migration in Britain: An Analysis of Gross Flows Using NHS Central Register Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1433-1450, November.
- Joakim Westerlund & Fredrik Wilhelmsson, 2009. "Estimating the gravity model without gravity using panel data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 641-649.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; Spanish urban areas; Labour market factors JEL classification: C23; J61; R23;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2018-03-26 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2018-03-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aqr:wpaper:201709. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibiana Barnadas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aqrubes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.