Migration Behaviour and Duration of Residence Spells of Graduating Students in Finland in 1987-2002
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Sueyoshi, Glenn T, 1995. "A Class of Binary Response Models for Grouped Duration Data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 411-431, Oct.-Dec..
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Easy Estimation Methods for Discrete-Time Duration Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 129-138, February.
- Pekkala, Sari & Tervo, Hannu, 2002. " Unemployment and Migration: Does Moving Help?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 621-639, December.
- I R Gordon & I Molho, 1995. "Duration dependence in migration behaviour: cumulative inertia versus stochastic change," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(12), pages 1961-1975, December.
- Satu Nivalainen, 2004. "Determinants of family migration: short moves vs. long moves," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 157-175, February.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Cecile Detang-Dessendre & Ian Molho, 2000. "Residence Spells and Migration: A Comparison for Men and Women," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(2), pages 247-260, February.
- Javier Romani & Jordi Surinach & Manuel Artiis, 2003. "Are Commuting and Residential Mobility Decisions Simultaneous?: The Case of Catalonia, Spain," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 813-826.
- Antolin, Pablo & Bover, Olympia, 1997. "Regional Migration in Spain: The Effect of Personal Characteristics and of Unemployment, Wage and House Price Differentials Using Pooled Cross-Sections," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(2), pages 215-235, May.
- I R Gordon & I Molho, 1995. "Duration Dependence in Migration Behaviour: Cumulative Inertia versus Stochastic Change," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 27(12), pages 1961-1975, December.
- Jari RitsilAa & Mika Haapanen, 2003. "Where do the highly educated migrate? Micro-level evidence from finland," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 437-448.
- Thomas A. Knapp & Nancy E. White & David E. Clark, 2001. "A Nested Logit Approach to Household Mobility," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 1-22.
- W. A. V. Clark, 1985. "Human Migration," Book Chapters,in: Grant I. Thrall (ed.), Scientific Geography, pages 51 Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Henley, Andrew, 1998. "Residential Mobility, Housing Equity and the Labour Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 414-427, March.
- DaVanzo, Julie, 1983. "Repeat Migration in the United States: Who Moves Back and Who Moves On?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 552-559, November.
- R. Scott Hacker, 2000. "Mobility and Regional Economic Downturns," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 45-65.
- Merja Kauhanen & Hannu Tervo, 2002.
"Who Moves to Depressed Regions? An Analysis of Migration Streams in Finland in the 1990s,"
International Regional Science Review,
, vol. 25(2), pages 200-218, April.
- Kauhanen, Merja & Tervo, Hannu, 1999. "Who Move to Depressed Regions? An Analysis of Migration Streams in Finland in the 1990s," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa270, European Regional Science Association.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1989. "Unemployment and the Inter-regional Mobility of Labour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 739-755, September.
- repec:brs:ecchap:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seater, John J., 1977. "A unified model of consumption, labor supply, and job search," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 349-372, April.
- Jari Ritsila & Marko Ovaskainen, 2001. "Migration and regional centralization of human capital," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 317-325.
- Mika Haapanen & Jari RitsilÃ¤, 2001. "Can migration decisions be affected by income taxation policies?," ERSA conference papers ersa01p41, European Regional Science Association.
- Shields, Gail M & Shields, Michael P, 1989. " The Emergence of Migration Theory and a Suggested New Direction," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 277-304.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martyn Andrews & Ken Clark & William Whittaker, 2011.
"The determinants of regional migration in Great Britain: a duration approach,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(1), pages 127-153, January.
- Andrews, Martyn J. & Clark, Ken & Whittaker, William, 2008. "The Determinants of Regional Migration in Great Britain: A Duration Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 3783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny, 2009. "Return Intentions among Potential Migrants and Commuters: The Role of Human Capital, Deprivation and Networks," WIFO Working Papers 342, WIFO.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:59:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00168-016-0773-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa06p379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .