Return Intentions among Potential Migrants and Commuters: The Role of Human Capital, Deprivation and Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Herbert BrÃ¼cker & Parvati TrÃ¼bswetter, 2007.
"Do the best go west? An analysis of the self-selection of employed East-West migrants in Germany,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 371-395, September.
- Herbert Brücker & Parvati Trübswetter, 2004. "Do the Best Go West?: An Analysis of the Self-Selection of Employed East-West Migrants in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 396, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brücker, Herbert & Trübswetter, Parvati, 2004. "Do the Best Go West? An Analysis of the Self-Selection of Employed East-West Migrants in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 986, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann, 2008.
"Return Migration, Investment in Children, and Intergenerational Mobility: Comparing Sons of Foreign- and Native-Born Fathers,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(2), pages 299-324.
- Dustmann, Christian, 2007. "Return Migration, Investment in Children, and Intergenerational Mobility: Comparing Sons of Foreign and Native Born Fathers," IZA Discussion Papers 3080, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- François Bourguignon & Martin Fournier & Marc Gurgand, 2007.
"Selection Bias Corrections Based On The Multinomial Logit Model: Monte Carlo Comparisons,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 174-205, February.
- François Bourguignon & Martin Fournier & Marc Gurgand, 2004. "Selection Bias Corrections Based on the Multinomial Logit Model: Monte-Carlo Comparisons," DELTA Working Papers 2004-20, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- François Bourguignon & Marc Gurgand & Martin Fournier, 2007. "Selection bias corrections based on the multinomial logit model: Monte Carlo comparisons," Post-Print halshs-00201372, HAL.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004.
"Are migrants more skilled than non-migrants? Repeat, return, and same-employer migrants,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 830-849, November.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants?: Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 422, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants? Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants," NBER Working Papers 10633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Dean Yang, 2006.
"Why Do Migrants Return to Poor Countries? Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Responses to Exchange Rate Shocks,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 715-735, November.
- Dean Yang, 2004. "Why Do Migrants Return to Poor Countries? Evidence from Philippine Migrants’ Responses to Exchange Rate Shocks," Working Papers 513, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Mika Haapanen & Hannu Tervo, 2006. "Migration Behaviour and Duration of Residence Spells of Graduating Students in Finland in 1987-2002," ERSA conference papers ersa06p379, European Regional Science Association.
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny, 2013.
"Moving across Borders: Who is Willing to Migrate or to Commute?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(9), pages 1462-1481, October.
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny, 2008. "Moving Across Borders: Who is Willing to Migrate or to Commute?," WIFO Working Papers 322, WIFO.
- Borjas, George J & Bratsberg, Bernt, 1996. "Who Leaves? The Outmigration of the Foreign-Born," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 165-176, February.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1982. "Relative deprivation and economic welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 99-113.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1984. "The Relative Deprivation Curve and Its Applications," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 384-394, October.
- Djajic, Slobodan & Milbourne, Ross, 1988. "A general equilibrium model of guest-worker migration : The source-country perspective," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 335-351, November.
- Christian Dustmann & Yoram Weiss, 2007. "Return Migration: Theory and Empirical Evidence from the UK," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 45(2), pages 236-256, June.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1984. "The Relative Deprivation Curve and Its Applications: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 400-405, October.
- Sebastian Gundel & Heiko Peters, 2008.
"What determines the duration of stay of immigrants in Germany?: Evidence from a longitudinal duration analysis,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(11), pages 769-782, September.
- Sebastian Gundel & Heiko Peters, 2008. "What Determines the Duration of Stay of Immigrants in Germany?: Evidence from a Longitudinal Duration Analysis," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 79, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2009-10-24 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIG-2009-10-24 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SOC-2009-10-24 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wpaper:y:2009:i:342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wifooat.html .