Selection bias corrections based on the multinomial logit model: Monte Carlo comparisons
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- François Bourguignon & Martin Fournier & Marc Gurgand, 2007. "Selection Bias Corrections Based On The Multinomial Logit Model: Monte Carlo Comparisons," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 174-205, February.
- François Bourguignon & Martin Fournier & Marc Gurgand, 2004. "Selection Bias Corrections Based on the Multinomial Logit Model: Monte-Carlo Comparisons," DELTA Working Papers 2004-20, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- François Bourguignon & Marc Gurgand & Martin Fournier, 2007. "Selection bias corrections based on the multinomial logit model: Monte Carlo comparisons," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00201372, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Lung-Fei Lee, 1982. "Some Approaches to the Correction of Selectivity Bias," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 355-372.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002.
"Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2367-2420, November.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 1997. "Mobility and the Returns to Education: Testing A Roy Model With Multiple Markets," Working Papers 760, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002. "Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets," RCER Working Papers 488, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Schmertmann, Carl P., 1994. "Selectivity bias correction methods in polychotomous sample selection models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 101-132.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- StÃ©phane Couture & Serge Garcia & Arnaud Reynaud, 2009.
"Household Energy Choices and Fuelwood Consumption: An Econometric Approach to the French Data,"
LERNA Working Papers
09.08.284, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Stéphane S. Couture & Serge S. Garcia & Arnaud A. Reynaud, 2012. "Household energy choices and fuelwood consumption: an econometric approach to the french data," Post-Print hal-01001257, HAL.
- Couture, Stéphane & Garcia, Serge & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2009. "Household Energy Choices and Fuelwood Consumption: An Econometric Approach to the French Data," TSE Working Papers 09-044, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Polachek, Solomon W., 2008.
"Earnings Over the Life Cycle: The Mincer Earnings Function and Its Applications,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 4(3), pages 165-272, April.
- Polachek, Solomon, 2007. "Earnings Over the Lifecycle: The Mincer Earnings Function and Its Applications," IZA Discussion Papers 3181, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Zhang, Yu, 2013. "Does private tutoring improve students’ National College Entrance Exam performance?—A case study from Jinan, China," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-28.
- Robert Breunig & Joseph Mercante, 2010.
"The Accuracy of Predicted Wages of the Non‐Employed and Implications for Policy Simulations from Structural Labour Supply Models,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(272), pages 49-70, March.
- Robert Breunig & Joseph Mercante, 2009. "The accuracy of predicted wages of the non-employed and implications for policy simulations from structural labour supply models," Treasury Working Papers 2009-03, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Mar 2009.
- Mansur, Erin T. & Mendelsohn, Robert & Morrison, Wendy, 2008. "Climate change adaptation: A study of fuel choice and consumption in the US energy sector," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 175-193, March.
- Abate, Megersa & de Jong, Gerard, 2014. "The optimal shipment size and truck size choice – The allocation of trucks across hauls," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 262-277.
- Nnaemeka Chukwuone & Ebele Amaechina & Sunday Emeka Enebeli-Uzor & Evelyn Iyoko & Benjamin Okpukpara, 2012. "Analysis of Impact of Remittance on Poverty in Nigeria," Working Papers PMMA 2012-09, PEP-PMMA.
- Couture, Stéphane & Garcia, Serge & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2012.
"Household energy choices and fuelwood consumption: An econometric approach using French data,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1972-1981.
- Stéphane Couture & Serge Garcia & Arnaud Reynaud, 2011. "Household Energy Choices and Fuelwood Consumption: An Econometric Approach using French Data," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2011-03, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- Chukwuone, Nnaemeka & Amaechina, Ebele C. & Enebeli-Uzor, Sunday Emeka & Iyoko, Emelyn & Okpukpara, Benjamin, 2012. "Analisys of impact of remittance on poverty in Nigeria," PEP Working Papers 164404, Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP).
- Breustedt, Gunnar & Schulz, Norbert & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe, 2013. "Kalibrierung von Vertragsnaturschutzprogrammen mittels eines zweistufigen Discrete-Choice-Experimentes," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 62(04), pages 1-17, November.
- Damette, Olivier & Delacote, Philippe & Lo, Gaye Del, 2018.
"Households energy consumption and transition toward cleaner energy sources,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 751-764.
- Olivier Damette & Philippe Delacote & Gaye del Lo, 2017. "Households energy consumption and transition towards cleaner energy sources," Working Papers 1702, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Olivier Damette & Philippe Delacote & Gaye Del Lo, 2018. "Households energy consumption and transition toward cleaner energy sources," Post-Print hal-01762610, HAL.
- Espenlaub, Susanne & Khurshed, Arif & Mohamed, Abdulkadir, 2014. "Does cross-border syndication affect venture capital risk and return?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 13-24.
- Gilpin, Gregory A., 2011. "Reevaluating the effect of non-teaching wages on teacher attrition," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 598-616, August.
- McFadden, Jonathan & Miranowski, John, "undated". "Climate Change Impacts on the Intensive and Extensive Margins of US Agricultural Land," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170512, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- William C. Horrace & Hyunseok Jung & Shane Sanders, 2022. "Network Competition and Team Chemistry in the NBA," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 35-49, January.
- McFadden, Jonathan R., 2015. "Essays on climate change adaptation and biotechnologies in U.S. agriculture," ISU General Staff Papers 201501010800005635, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Miguel Santolino & Magnus Söderberg, 2014.
"Modelling appellate courts’ responses in motor injury disputes,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 393-407, December.
- Magnus Söderberg & Miguel Santolino, 2012. "Modelling appellate courts' responses in motor injury disputes," Post-Print hal-00869780, HAL.
- Miguel Santolino & Magnus Söderberg, 2012. "Modelling appellate courts' responses in motor injury disputes," Post-Print hal-00840717, HAL.
- Zheren WU, 2008. "Self-selection and Earnings of Migrants: Evidence from Rural China," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-25, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Brock,W.A. & Durlauf,S.N., 2003. "Multinomial choice with social interactions," Working papers 1, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- S. Niggol Seo, 2016. "The Micro-behavioral Framework for Estimating Total Damage of Global Warming on Natural Resource Enterprises with Full Adaptations," Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics, Springer;The International Biometric Society;American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 328-347, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSelection bias; Multinomial logit; Monte Carlo;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00201372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CCSD (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.