Migration Of The Highly Educated: Evidence From Residence Spells Of University Graduates
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 52 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0022-4146|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greenwood, Michael J, et al, 1991. "Migration, Regional Equilibrium, and the Estimation of Compensating Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1382-90, December.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1989. "Unemployment and the Inter-regional Mobility of Labour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 739-55, September.
- I R Gordon & I Molho, 1995. "Duration dependence in migration behaviour: cumulative inertia versus stochastic change," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(12), pages 1961-1975, December.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann & Stephen Sheppard, 2006. "An analysis of ethnic differences in UK graduate migration behaviour," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 461-471, June.
- Mika Haapanen & Jari Ritsila, 2007. "Can Migration Decisions be Affected by Income Policy Interventions? Evidence from Finland," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 339-348.
- Viktor Venhorst & Jouke Van Dijk & Leo Van Wissen, 2011. "An Analysis of Trends in Spatial Mobility of Dutch Graduates," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 57-82.
- Michel, BEINE & FrÃ©dÃ©ric, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT, 2006.
"Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries : winners and losers,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques)
2006023, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Michel Beine & Fréderic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008. "Brain Drain and Human Capital Formation in Developing Countries: Winners and Losers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 631-652, 04.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, . "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries: winners and losers?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10415, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Paul D. Gottlieb & George Joseph, 2006. "College-To-Work Migration Of Technology Graduates And Holders Of Doctorates Within The United States," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 627-659.
- J O Huff & W A V Clark, 1978. "Cumulative stress and cumulative inertia: a behavioral model of the decision to move," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 10(10), pages 1101-1119, October.
- John V. Winters, 2011. "Why Are Smart Cities Growing? Who Moves And Who Stays," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 253-270, 05.
- Dan S. Rickman & Shane D. Rickman, 2009.
"Population Growth in High Amenity Nonmetropolitan Areas: What’s the Prognosis?,"
Economics Working Paper Series
0907, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Dan S. Rickman & Shane D. Rickman, 2011. "Population Growth In High‐Amenity Nonmetropolitan Areas: What'S The Prognosis?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(5), pages 863-879, December.
- I R Gordon & I Molho, 1995. "Duration Dependence in Migration Behaviour: Cumulative Inertia versus Stochastic Change," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 27(12), pages 1961-1975, December.
- Martyn Andrews & Ken Clark & William Whittaker, 2011.
"The determinants of regional migration in Great Britain: a duration approach,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(1), pages 127-153, January.
- Andrews, Martyn J. & Clark, Ken & Whittaker, William, 2008. "The Determinants of Regional Migration in Great Britain: A Duration Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 3783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1988.
"Unemployment Insurance And Unemployment Spells,"
NBER Working Papers
2546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Busch & Benjamin Weigert, 2010.
"Where have all the graduates gone? Internal cross-state migration of graduates in Germany 1984–2004,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 559-572, June.
- Oliver Busch, 2007. "When Have All the Graduates Gone?: Internal Cross-State Migration of Graduates in Germany 1984-2004," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 26, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Mette Deding & Trine Filges, 2010. "Geographical Mobility Of Danish Dual-Earner Couples-The Relationship Between Change Of Job And Change Of Residence," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 615-634.
- Merja Kauhanen & Hannu Tervo, 2002. "Who Moves to Depressed Regions? An Analysis of Migration Streams in Finland in the 1990s," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 25(2), pages 200-218, April.
- Jacob Mincer, 1977.
"Family Migration Decisions,"
NBER Working Papers
0199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053, 1.
- Yousefi, Mahmood & Rives, Janet, 1987. "Migration behavior of college graduates: An empirical analysis," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 35-49.
- Jari RitsilAa & Mika Haapanen, 2003. "Where do the highly educated migrate? Micro-level evidence from finland," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 437-448.
- Satu Nivalainen, 2004. "Determinants of family migration: short moves vs. long moves," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 157-175, February.
- Molho, Ian, 1995. "Migrant Inertia, Accessibility and Local Unemployment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(245), pages 123-32, February.
- Bailey, Adrian J, 1993. "Migration History, Migration Behavior and Selectivity," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 315-26, December.
- Sari Pekkala, 2002.
"Unemployment and Migration: Does Moving Help?,"
281, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip Mccann, 2009. "Universities, Agglomerations And Graduate Human Capital Mobility," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 100(2), pages 210-223, 04.
- Amanda C. Helderman & Maarten Ham & Clara H. Mulder, 2006. "Migration And Home Ownership," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 97(2), pages 111-125, 04.
- , 2008. "The Joint Choice Of An Individual'S Occupation And Destination," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 893-919.
- Javier Romani & Jordi Surinach & Manuel Artiis, 2003. "Are Commuting and Residential Mobility Decisions Simultaneous?: The Case of Catalonia, Spain," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 813-826.
- DaVanzo, Julie, 1983. "Repeat Migration in the United States: Who Moves Back and Who Moves On?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 552-59, November.
- Kauhanen, Merja & Tervo, Hannu, 1999. "Who Move to Depressed Regions? An Analysis of Migration Streams in Finland in the 1990s," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa270, European Regional Science Association.
- Aki Kangasharju & Sari Pekkala, 2004. "Increasing Regional Disparities in the 1990s: The Finnish Experience," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 255-267.
- Hannu Tervo, 2000. "Migration and Labour Market Adjustment: Empirical evidence from Finland 1985-90," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 343-360.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jregsc:v:52:y:2012:i:4:p:587-605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.