Who move to rural areas? Micro Evidence from Finland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, January.
- Pekkala, Sari & Tervo, Hannu, 2002. " Unemployment and Migration: Does Moving Help?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 621-639, December.
- Hannu Tervo, 2000.
"Post-Migratory Employment Prospects: Evidence from Finland,"
CEIS, vol. 14(2), pages 331-350, June.
- Hannu Tervo, 1998. "Post-migratory employment prospect: Evidence from Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa98p41, European Regional Science Association.
- Satu Nivalainen, 2004. "Determinants of family migration: short moves vs. long moves," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 157-175, February.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Pekkala, Sari, 2000. "Migration In A Core-Periphery Model: Analysis Of Agglomeration In Regional Growth Centres," ERSA conference papers ersa00p33, European Regional Science Association.
- Sandell, Steven H, 1977. "Women and the Economics of Family Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(4), pages 406-414, November.
- Bowles, Samuel, 1970. "Migration as Investment: Empirical Tests of the Human Investment Approach to Geographical Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(4), pages 356-362, November.
- W. A. V. Clark, 1985. "Human Migration," Book Chapters,in: Grant I. Thrall (ed.), Scientific Geography, pages 51 Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Nivalainen, Satu, 1999. "The effects of family life cycle, family ties and distance on migration: micro evidence from Finland in 1994," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa271, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:brs:ecchap:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shields, Gail M & Shields, Michael P, 1989. "Family Migration and Nonmarket Activities in Costa Rica," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(1), pages 73-88, October.
- Mika Haapanen & Jari RitsilÃ¤, 2001. "Can migration decisions be affected by income taxation policies?," ERSA conference papers ersa01p41, European Regional Science Association.
- Forslid, Rikard, 1999. "Agglomeration with Human and Physical Capital: an Analytically Solvable Case," CEPR Discussion Papers 2102, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Satu Nivalainen, 2004. "Where do migrants go? An analysis of urban and rural destined/originated migration in Finland in 1996-99," ERSA conference papers ersa04p317, European Regional Science Association.
- Cécile Détang-Dessendre & Florence Goffette-Nagot & Virginie Piguet, 2004.
"Life-cycle position and migration to urban and rural areas: estimations of a mixed logit model on French data,"
- Cécile Détang-Dessendre & Florence Goffette-Nagot & Virginie Piguet, 2004. "Life-cycle position and migration to urban and rural areas: estimations of a mixed logit model on French data," Working Papers 0403, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Cécile Détang-Dessendre & Florence Goffette-Nagot & Virginie Piguet, 2008. "Life-cycle position and migration to urban and rural areas: estimations of a mixed logit model on French data," Post-Print halshs-00353031, HAL.
- Franklin Amuakwa-Mensah, 2015. "Climate element of migration decision in Ghana: Micro Evidence," Working Papers 2015.18, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Mann, Stefan & Erdin, Daniel, 2005. "Die Landwirtschaft und andere EinflussgrÃ¶ÃŸen auf die BevÃ¶lkerungsentwicklung im lÃ¤ndlichen Raum," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 54(5).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa03p214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .