Die Landwirtschaft und andere EinflussgrÃ¶ÃŸen auf die BevÃ¶lkerungsentwicklung im lÃ¤ndlichen Raum
Factor analysis and regression analysis is used to estimate population growth and migration into and out of rural agreas in Switzerland between 1990 and 2000. Farm households contribute to an above average birth rate. However, there is a net migration out of rural areas.
Volume (Year): 54 (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Philippstr. 13, 10115 Berlin|
Phone: +49 (0)30 2093 6305
Fax: +49 (0)30 2093 6497
Web page: http://www.gjae-online.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Unger, Brigitte & van Waarden, Frans, 1994. "Interest Associations and Economic Growth. A Critique of Mancur Olson's `Rise and Decline of Nations'," CEPR Discussion Papers 894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shi, He-ling, 1992. "Continuum of Equilibria and Business Cycles: A Dynamic Model of Mesoeconomics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 372-378, May.
- Brenda Gannon & Brian Nolan, 2004. "Inter-Industry Wage Differentials in Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(2), pages 157-182.
- Satu Nivalainen, 2003. "Who move to rural areas? Micro Evidence from Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa03p214, European Regional Science Association.
- Hodge, Ian D & Whitby, Martin, 1986. "The U.K.: Rural Development, Issues and Analysis," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 391-413.
- David Smallbone Shaw & Andrew Cumbers Shaw & Stephen Syrett Shaw & Roger Leigh, 1999. "The Single European Market and SMEs: A Comparison of its Effects in the Food and Clothing Sectors in the UK and Portugal," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 51-62.
- Jim Millington, 2000. "Migration and Age: The Effect of Age on Sensitivity to Migration Stimuli," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 521-533.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gjagec:97324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.