US stock market volatility persistence: evidence before and after the burst of the IT bubble
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/finance/journal/11156/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Cotter, 2005.
"Uncovering long memory in high frequency UK futures,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 325-337.
- Cotter, John, 2004. "Uncovering Long Memory in High Frequency UK Futures," MPRA Paper 3525, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Uncovering Long Memory in High Frequency UK Futures," Papers 1103.5651, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Uncovering Long Memory in High Frequency UK Futures," Working Papers 200414, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Massimo Guidolin & Allan Timmermann, 2005. "Economic Implications of Bull and Bear Regimes in UK Stock and Bond Returns," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 111-143, 01.
- Bos, Charles S. & Franses, Philip Hans & Ooms, Marius, 2002. "Inflation, forecast intervals and long memory regression models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 243-264.
- Charles S. Bos & Philip Hans Franses & Marius Ooms, 2001. "Inflation, Forecast Intervals and Long Memory Regression Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-029/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lobato, Ignacio N & Savin, N E, 1998. "Real and Spurious Long-Memory Properties of Stock-Market Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 261-268, July.
- Lobato, I.N. & Savin, N.E., 1996. "Real and Spurious Long Memory Properties of Stock Market Data," Working Papers 96-07, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- I.N. Lobato & N.E. Savin, 1996. "Real and Spurious Long Memory Properties of Stock Market Data," Econometrics 9605004, EconWPA, revised 26 Sep 1996.
- Sadique, Shibley & Silvapulle, Param, 2001. "Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Returns: International Evidence," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Javier Biscarri & Fernando Gracia, 2004. "Stock market cycles and stock market development in Spain," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 127-151, 07.
- Javier GÃ³mez Biscarri & Fernando PÃ©rez de Gracia, 2002. "Stock Market Cycles and Stock Market Development in Spain," Faculty Working Papers 03/02, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert, 2002. "International Asset Allocation With Regime Shifts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1137-1187.
- Luis Gil-Alana & Juncal Cunado & Fernando Perez De Gracia, 2008. "Stochastic volatility in the Spanish stock market: a long memory model with a structural break," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 23-31.
- Maheu, John M & McCurdy, Thomas H, 2000. "Identifying Bull and Bear Markets in Stock Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 100-112, January.
- Gonzalez, Liliana & Powell, John G. & Shi, Jing & Wilson, Antony, 2005. "Two centuries of bull and bear market cycles," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 469-486.
- Turner, Christopher M. & Startz, Richard & Nelson, Charles R., 1989. "A Markov model of heteroskedasticity, risk, and learning in the stock market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 3-22, November.
- Christopher M. Turner & Richard Startz & Charles R. Nelson, 1989. "A Markov Model of Heteroskedasticity, Risk, and Learning in the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 2818, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Biscarri, Javier Gomez & Perez de Gracia, Fernando, 2003. "Stock market cycles, financial liberalization and volatility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 925-955, December.
- Sebastian Edwards & Javier Gomez Biscarri & Fernando Perez de Gracia, 2003. "Stock Market Cycles, Financial Liberalization and Volatility," NBER Working Papers 9817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards & Javier GÃ³mez Biscarri & Fernando PÃ©rez de Gracia, 2003. "Stock Market Cycles, Financial Liberalization and Volatility," Faculty Working Papers 08/03, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Philipp Sibbertsen, 2004. "Long memory in volatilities of German stock returns," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 477-488, 09.
- Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2001. "Long-memory in volatilities of German stock returns," Technical Reports 2001,42, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Gil-Alana, L. A. & Robinson, P. M., 1997. "Testing of unit root and other nonstationary hypotheses in macroeconomic time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 241-268, October.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Inoue, Atsushi, 2001. "Long memory and regime switching," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 131-159, November.
- Francis X. Diebold & Atsushi Inoue, 2000. "Long Memory and Regime Switching," NBER Technical Working Papers 0264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert F. Engle & Aaron D. Smith, 1999. "Stochastic Permanent Breaks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 553-574, November.
- Engle, Robert F & Smith, Aaron, 1998. "Stochastic Permanent Breaks," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt99v0s0zx, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Ding, Zhuanxin, 1996. "Varieties of long memory models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 61-77, July.
- Gerhard Bry & Charlotte Boschan, 1971. "Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bry_71-1.
- Greene, Myron T. & Fielitz, Bruce D., 1977. "Long-term dependence in common stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 339-349, May.
- Kazuhiko Nishina & Nabil Maghrebi & Mark J. Holmes, 2006. "Are Volatility Expectations Characterized By Regime Shifts? Evidence From Implied Volatility Indices," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-20, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Hiemstra, Craig & Jones, Jonathan D., 1997. "Another look at long memory in common stock returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 373-401, December.
- Barkoulas, John T. & Baum, Christopher F., 1996. "Long-term dependence in stock returns," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 253-259, December.
- Christopher F. Baum & John Barkoulas, 1996. "Long Term Dependence in Stock Returns," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 314., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Charles P. Jones & Mark D. Walker & Jack W. Wilson, 2004. "Analyzing Stock Market Volatility Using Extreme-Day Measures," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 27(4), pages 585-601.
- Katsumi Shimotsu & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2000. "Local Whittle Estimation in Nonstationary and Unit Root Cases," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1266, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Sep 2003. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:33:y:2009:i:3:p:233-252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.