From Rags to Riches? Immigration and Poverty in Spain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Muñoz de Bustillo, Rafael & Antón, José-Ignacio, 2009. "From rags to riches? Immigration and poverty in Spain," MPRA Paper 13848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- José-Ignacio Antón & Rafael Muñoz de Bustillo & Miguel Carrera, 2010. "From guests to hosts: immigrant-native wage differentials in Spain," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(6), pages 645-659, September.
- José-Ignacio Antón & Rafael Muñoz de Bustillo, 2010. "Health care utilisation and immigration in Spain," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(5), pages 487-498, October.
- Cristina Fernández & Carolina Ortega, 2008.
"Labor market assimilation of immigrants in Spain: employment at the expense of bad job-matches?,"
Spanish Economic Review,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 83-107, June.
- Cristina Fernández & Ana Carolina Ortega Masagué, 2006. "Labor Market Assimilation of Immigrants in Spain: Employment at the Expense of Bad Job-Matches?," Working Papers 2006-21, FEDEA.
- Fernandez, Cristina & Ortega, Carolina, 2006. "Labour market assimilation of immigrants in Spain: employment at the expense of bad job-matches?," IESE Research Papers D/644, IESE Business School.
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores, 2009.
"A comparison of the health status and health care utilization patterns between foreigners and the national population in Spain: New evidence from the Spanish National Health Survey,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 370-378, August.
- Hernández Quevedo, C & Jiménez Rubio, D, 2008. "A comparison of the health status and health care utilisation patterns between foreigners and the national population in Spain: new evidence from the Spanish National Health Survey," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Taryn Ann Galloway & Rolf Aaberge, 2005.
"Assimilation effects on poverty among immigrants in Norway,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 691-718, November.
- Galloway, Taryn Ann & Aaberge, Rolf, 2003. "Assimilation Effects on Poverty Among Immigrants in Norway," Memorandum 07/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Olympia Bover & Pilar Velilla, 1999.
"Migrations in Spain: Historical Background and Current Trends,"
9909, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Bover, Olympia & Velilla, Pilar, 1999. "Migration in Spain: Historical Background and Current Trends," IZA Discussion Papers 88, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gang, Ira N. & Sen, Kunal & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2002. "Caste, Ethnicity and Poverty in Rural India," IZA Discussion Papers 629, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Esteban Sanromà & Raúl Ramos & Hipólito Simón, 2009.
"Immigrant wages in the Spanish labour market: does the origin of human capital matter?,"
2009/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Sanromá, Esteban & Ramos, Raul & Simón, Hipólito, 2009. "Immigrant Wages in the Spanish Labour Market: Does the Origin of Human Capital Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 4157, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ira N. Gang & Myeong-Su Yun, 2006.
"A Note on Decomposing Differences in Poverty Incidence Using Regression Estimates: Algorithm and Example,"
Departmental Working Papers
200633, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Gang, Ira N. & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2006. "A Note on Decomposing Differences in Poverty Incidence Using Regression Estimates: Algorithm and Example," IZA Discussion Papers 2262, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raquel Carrasco & Juan Ramón García & Ana Carolina Ortega, "undated".
"The Effect of Immigration on the Employment Opportunities of Native-Born Workers: Some Evidence for Spain,"
- Carrasco, Raquel & Jimeno, Juan F. & Ortega, Ana Carolina, 2004. "The effect of immigration on the employment opportunities of native-born workers : some evidence for Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we046122, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Sílvio Rendon, 2007.
"The Catalan premium: language and employment in Catalonia,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(3), pages 669-686, July.
- Rendón, Silvio, 2003. "The catalan premium: language and employment in Catalonia," UC3M Working papers. Economics we033410, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Silvio Rendon, 2006. "The Catalan Premium: Language and Employment in Catalonia," Working Papers 0604, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2008. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9787111235767, March.
- George J. Borjas & Stephen J. Trejo, 1991. "Immigrant Participation in the Welfare System," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(2), pages 195-211, January.
- Taryn Ann Galloway, 2006. "Do Immigrants Integrate Out of Poverty in Norway," Discussion Papers 482, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Jorgen Hansen & Magnus Lofstrom, 2003.
"Immigrant Assimilation and Welfare Participation Do Immigrants Assimilate Into or Out of Welfare?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(1).
- Hansen, Jörgen & Lofstrom, Magnus, 1999. "Immigrant Assimilation and Welfare Participation: Do Immigrants Assimilate Into or Out-of Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 100, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- JÃ¶rgen Hansen & Magnus Lofstrom, 2010. "Immigrant Assimilation and Welfare Participation: Do Immigrants Assimilate Into or Out-of Welfare," Working Papers id:2647, eSocialSciences.
- Hansen, Jörgen & Löfström, Magnus, 2000. "Immigrant Assimilation And Welfare Participation: Do Immigrants Assimilate Into Or Out Of Welfare?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2430, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Muñoz de Bustillo, Rafael & Antón, José-Ignacio, 2009. "Immigration and Social Benefits in a Mediterranean Welfare State: The Case of Spain," MPRA Paper 13849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Scott, Christopher & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Poverty Measurement and Analysis," MPRA Paper 45362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blume Jensen, Kræn & Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Pedersen, Peder J. & Verner, Mette, 2005. "At the Lower End of the Table: Determinants of Poverty among Immigrants to Denmark and Sweden," IZA Discussion Papers 1551, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gomulka, Joanna & Stern, Nicholas, 1990. "The Employment of Married Women in the United Kingdom 1970-83," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 57(226), pages 171-199, May.
- Yun, Myeong-Su, 2004. "Decomposing differences in the first moment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 275-280, February.
- M. Dolores Collado & IÒigo Iturbe-Ormaetxe & Guadalupe Valera, 2004.
"Quantifying the Impact of Immigration on the Spanish Welfare State,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(3), pages 335-353, May.
- M. Dolores Collado & Iñigo Iturbe Ormaetxe & Guadalupe Valera, 2002. "Quantifying The Impact Of Immigration On The Spanish Welfare State," Working Papers. Serie AD 2002-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Juan Canal-Domínguez & César Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, 2008. "Analysis of wage differences between native and immigrant workers in Spain," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 109-134, June.
- González, Libertad & Ortega, Francesc, 2011. "How do very open economies adjust to large immigration flows? Evidence from Spanish regions," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 57-70, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christos Koutsampelas, 2012. "Immigration and Poverty: Findings from Cyprus," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 13-2012, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Christos Koutsampelas, 2015. "Blind spots of traditional poverty measurement: the case of migrants," Migration Letters, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 12(2), pages 13-27, May.
- Lisa Kaida, 2015. "Ethnic Variations in Immigrant Poverty Exit and Female Employment: The Missing Link," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(2), pages 485-511, April.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:15:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11150-015-9321-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Jesús Ruiz-Huerta Carbonell & Rosa Martínez, 2014. "Multidimensional poverty in immigrant households: a comparative analysis within the Europe 2020 framework," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-18, CIRANO.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration; Poverty; Spain;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:poprpr:v:30:y:2011:i:5:p:661-676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .