Decomposing differences in the first moment
We propose a simple methodology for decomposing differences in the first moment into characteristics and coefficients effects. This methodology provides a way to apply the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition to a non-linear function for both aggregate and detailed decompositions.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Myeong-Su Yun, 2000.
"Decomposition Analysis for a Binary Choice Model,"
Departmental Working Papers
200001, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Gang, Ira N. & Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L. & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2002.
"Economic Strain, Ethnic Concentration and Attitudes Towards Foreigners in the European Union,"
IZA Discussion Papers
578, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francisco Rivera-Batiz & Myeong-Su Yun & Ira Gang, 2002. "Economic Strain, Ethnic Concentration and Attitudes Towards Foreigners in the European Union," Departmental Working Papers 200214, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- John Ham & Jan Svejnar & Katherine Terrell, 1998.
"Unemployment and the Social Safety Net During Transitions to a Market Economy: Evidence from the Czech and Slovak Republic,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
169, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ham, John C & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 1998. "Unemployment and the Social Safety Net during Transitions to a Market Economy: Evidence from the Czech and Slovak Republics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1117-42, December.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-42, June.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 1998. "Discrimination and detailed decomposition in a logit model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 115-120, October.
- Gang, Ira N. & Sen, Kunal & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2002.
"Caste, Ethnicity and Poverty in Rural India,"
IZA Discussion Papers
629, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- William E. Even & David A. Macpherson, 1993. "The Decline of Private-Sector Unionism and the Gender Wage Gap," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(2), pages 279-296.
- Even, William E. & Macpherson, David A., 1990. "Plant size and the decline of unionism," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 393-398, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:82:y:2004:i:2:p:275-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.