A Note on Decomposing Differences in Poverty Incidence Using Regression Estimates: Algorithm and Example
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Gang, Ira N. & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2006. "A Note on Decomposing Differences in Poverty Incidence Using Regression Estimates: Algorithm and Example," IZA Discussion Papers 2262, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Even, William E. & Macpherson, David A., 1990. "Plant size and the decline of unionism," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 393-398, April.
- William E. Even & David A. Macpherson, 1993. "The Decline of Private-Sector Unionism and the Gender Wage Gap," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(2), pages 279-296.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Gang, Ira N. & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2006.
"Ethnic conflict and economic disparity: Serbians and Albanians in Kosovo,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 754-773, December.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Gang, Ira N. & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2005. "Ethnic Conflict and Economic Disparity: Serbians and Albanians in Kosovo," IZA Discussion Papers 1772, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ira N. Gang & Myeong-Su Yun, 2006. "Ethnic Conflict and Economic Disparity: Serbians and Albanians in Kosovo," Departmental Working Papers 200636, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Denise J. Doiron & W. Craig Riddell, 1994. "The Impact of Unionization on Male-Female Earnings Differences in Canada," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(2), pages 504-534.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Yun, Myeong-Su, 2004. "Decomposing differences in the first moment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 275-280, February.
- Ham, John C & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 1998.
"Unemployment and the Social Safety Net during Transitions to a Market Economy: Evidence from the Czech and Slovak Republics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1117-1142, December.
- John Ham & Jan Svejnar & Katherine Terrell, 1998. "Unemployment and the Social Safety Net During Transitions to a Market Economy: Evidence from the Czech and Slovak Republic," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 169, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Abowd, John M & Killingsworth, Mark R, 1984. "Do Minority-White Unemployment Differences Really Exist?," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(1), pages 64-72, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gadom DJAL-GADOM & Armand MBOUTCHOUANG KOUNTCHOU, 2016. "Cross-County Poverty Comparisons In Chad: The Impact Of The Oil Revenues Redistribution Policy," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 44, pages 61-78.
- Somnath Chattopadhyay & Amita Majumder & Hasanur Jaman, 2014. "Decomposition of inter-regional poverty gap in India: a spatial approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 65-99, February.
- Carlos Gradin, 2009.
"Why is Poverty So High Among Afro-Brazilians? A Decomposition Analysis of the Racial Poverty Gap,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1426-1452.
- Gradín, Carlos, 2007. "Why Is Poverty So High Among Afro-Brazilians? A Decomposition Analysis of the Racial Poverty Gap," IZA Discussion Papers 2809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Essama-Nssah, B., 2012. "Identification of sources of variation in poverty outcomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5954, The World Bank.
- Somnath Chattopadhyay, 2014. "Analysis Of Poverty And Efficiency: An Earnings Frontier Approach," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 133-155, April.
- repec:wsi:medjxx:v:02:y:2010:i:02:n:s1793812010000265 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bönke Timm & Schröder Carsten, 2011.
"Poverty in Germany – Statistical Inference and Decomposition,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 231(2), pages 178-209, April.
- Timm Bönke & Carsten Schröder, 2010. "Poverty in Germany: Statistical Inference and Decomposition," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1060, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Luis Ayala & Antonio Jurado & Jesús Pérez‐Mayo, 2011.
"Income Poverty And Multidimensional Deprivation: Lessons From Cross‐Regional Analysis,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(1), pages 40-60, March.
- Luis Ayala & Antonio Jurado & JesÃºs PÃ©rez-Mayo, 2009. "Income Poverty and Multidimensional Deprivation: Lessons from Cross-Regional Analysis," Working Papers 106, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Carlos Gradín, 2012.
"Poverty among minorities in the United States: explaining the racial poverty gap for Blacks and Latinos,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(29), pages 3793-3804, October.
- Carlos Gradin, 2008. "Poverty among minorities in the United States: Explaining the racial poverty gap for Blacks and Latinos," Working Papers 96, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Carlos Gradín, 2011. "Poverty among minorities in the United States: Explaining the racial poverty gap for Blacks and Latinos," Post-Print hal-00712378, HAL.
- Rafael Muñoz de Bustillo & José-Ignacio Antón, 2011.
"From Rags to Riches? Immigration and Poverty in Spain,"
Population Research and Policy Review,
Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(5), pages 661-676, October.
- Muñoz de Bustillo, Rafael & Antón, José-Ignacio, 2009. "From rags to riches? Immigration and poverty in Spain," MPRA Paper 13848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Somnath Chattopadhyay, 2011. "Inter-regional Poverty Comparisons: Case of West Bengal," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 9(2), pages 104-122, July.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty incidence; decomposition; headcount; probit;
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-03-10 (Development)
- NEP-ECM-2007-03-10 (Econometrics)
- NEP-LTV-2007-03-10 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rut:rutres:200633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derutus.html .