Social health insurance in a developing country: The case of the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ensor, Tim & Thompson, Robin, 1998. "Health insurance as a catalyst to change in former communist countries?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 203-218, March.
- Ron, Aviva, 1999. "NGOs in community health insurance schemes: examples from Guatemala and the Philippines," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 939-950, April.
- Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2002. "One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 1559-1587, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Social health insurance reexamined," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 503-517.
- Flores, Gabriela & O’Donnell, Owen, 2016. "Catastrophic medical expenditure risk," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-15.
- Clouston, Sean A.P. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie, 2012. "The role of defamilialization in the relationship between partnership and self-rated health: A cross-national comparison of Canada and the United States," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(8), pages 1342-1350.
- Liu, Jun-Qiang, 2011. "Dynamics of social health insurance development: Examining the determinants of Chinese basic health insurance coverage with panel data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 550-558, August.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2007. "Health insurance for the poor : initial impacts of Vietnam's health care fund for the poor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4134, The World Bank.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Jun, Gao & Ling, Xu & Juncheng, Qian, 2009.
"Extending health insurance to the rural population: An impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Gao Jun & Xu Ling & Qian Juncheng, 2007. "Extending health insurance to the rural population : an impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4150, The World Bank.
- Hou, Xiaohui & Chao, Shiyan, 2011. "Targeted or untargeted? The initial assessment of a targeted health insurance program for the poor in Georgia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 278-285.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Nguyen, Ha Thi Hong & Dao, Huyen & Balesd, Sarah, 2014. "Encouraging health insurance for the informal sector : a cluster randomized trial," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6910, The World Bank.
- Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & O’Donnell, Owen, 2012.
"Measurement of inequity in health care with heterogeneous response of use to need,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 676-689.
- Ellen van de Poel & Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell, 2011. "Measurement of Inequity in Health Care with Heterogeneous Response of Use to Need," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-155/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Silfverberg, Denise Valerie, 2015. "Analysis of the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation's Individually Paying Program and Employed Program," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2013 Vol. 40 Nos. 1-2, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Garcia-Diaz, Rocio & Sosa-Rub, Sandra G., 2011. "Analysis of the distributional impact of out-of-pocket health payments: Evidence from a public health insurance program for the poor in Mexico," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 707-718, July.
- Annear, Peter Leslie & Bigdeli, Maryam & Jacobs, Bart, 2011. "A functional model for monitoring equity and effectiveness in purchasing health insurance premiums for the poor: Evidence from Cambodia and the Lao PDR," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 295-303.
- Solon, Orville & Peabody, John W. & Woo, Kimberly & Quimbo, Stella A. & Florentino, Jhiedon & Shimkhada, Riti, 2009. "An evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of policy navigators to improve access to care for the poor in the Philippines," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 89-95, September.
- Kozhimannil, Katy Backes & Valera, Madeleine R. & Adams, Alyce S. & Ross-Degnan, Dennis, 2009. "The population-level impacts of a national health insurance program and franchise midwife clinics on achievement of prenatal and delivery care standards in the Philippines," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 55-64, September.
- Konrad Obermann & Matthew Jowett & Juanito Taleon & Melinda Mercado, 2008. "Lessons for health care reform from the less developed world: the case of the Philippines," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 9(4), pages 343-349, November.
- Caballes, Alvin B. & Söllner, Walter & Nañagas, Juan, 2012. "Financial protection mechanisms for inpatients at selected Philippine hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(10), pages 1820-1827.
- Omar Galárraga & Sandra Sosa-Rubí & Aarón Salinas-Rodríguez & Sergio Sesma-Vázquez, 2010. "Health insurance for the poor: impact on catastrophic and out-of-pocket health expenditures in Mexico," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(5), pages 437-447, October.
- Cabalfin, Michael R., 2016. "Health Financing for the Poor in the Philippines: Final Report," Discussion Papers DP 2016-37, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- McBain, Florence, 2014. "Health insurance and health environment: India’s subsidized health insurance in a context of limited water and sanitation services," Working Papers 179200, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
More about this item
KeywordsSocial health insurance Philippines Decentralization Health care;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:62:y:2006:i:12:p:3177-3185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.