An agent-based modeling optimization approach for understanding behavior of engineered complex adaptive systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bunn, Derek W. & Oliveira, Fernando S., 2007. "Agent-based analysis of technological diversification and specialization in electricity markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1265-1278, September.
- Bunn, Derek W. & Martoccia, Maria, 2005. "Unilateral and collusive market power in the electricity pool of England and Wales," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 305-315, March.
- Kathleen Spees & Lester Lave, 2008. "Impacts of Responsive Load in PJM: Load Shifting and Real Time Pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 101-122.
- Page, Scott E, 2001. "Self Organization and Coordination," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 18(1), pages 25-48, August.
- Luis A. Nunes Amaral & Brian Uzzi, 2007. "Complex Systems--A New Paradigm for the Integrative Study of Management, Physical, and Technological Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(7), pages 1033-1035, July.
- Derek Bunn & Fernando Oliveira, 2003. "Evaluating Individual Market Power in Electricity Markets via Agent-Based Simulation," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 57-77, July.
- Li, Hongyan & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2009. "The AMES Wholesale Power Market Test Bed: A Computational Laboratory for Research, Teaching, and Training," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13073, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nobuyuki Hanaki & Alexander Peterhansl & Peter S. Dodds & Duncan J. Watts, 2007. "Cooperation in Evolving Social Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(7), pages 1036-1050, July.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & Hledik, Ryan & Newell, Sam & Pfeifenberger, Hannes, 2007. "The Power of 5 Percent," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 68-77, October.
- Allcott, Hunt, 2011. "Social norms and energy conservation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(9-10), pages 1082-1095, October.
- Zhang, T. & Nuttall, W.J., 2008.
"Evaluating Government’s Policies on Promoting Smart Metering in Retail Electricity Markets via Agent Based Simulation,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0842, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tao Zhang & William J. Nuttall, 2008. "Evaluating Government's Policies on Promoting Smart Metering in Retail Electricity Markets via Agent Based Simulation," Working Papers EPRG 0822, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Weidlich, Anke & Veit, Daniel, 2008. "A critical survey of agent-based wholesale electricity market models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1728-1759, July.
- Hazhir Rahmandad & John Sterman, 2008. "Heterogeneity and Network Structure in the Dynamics of Diffusion: Comparing Agent-Based and Differential Equation Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(5), pages 998-1014, May.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller & Frank M. Bass, 1995. "Diffusion of New Products: Empirical Generalizations and Managerial Uses," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 79-88.
- Sensfuß, Frank & Ragwitz, Mario & Genoese, Massimo & Möst, Dominik, 2007. "Agent-based simulation of electricity markets: a literature review," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S5/2007, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Derek W. Bunn and Fernando Oliveira, 2001. "An Application of Agent-based Simulation to the New Electricity Trading Arrangements of England and Wales," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 93, Society for Computational Economics.
- Bunn, Derek W. & Day, Christopher J., 2009. "Computational modelling of price formation in the electricity pool of England and Wales," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 363-376, February.
- Ian Ayres & Sophie Raseman & Alice Shih, 2009. "Evidence from Two Large Field Experiments that Peer Comparison Feedback Can Reduce Residential Energy Usage," NBER Working Papers 15386, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ma, Tieju & Nakamori, Yoshiteru, 2009. "Modeling technological change in energy systems – From optimization to agent-based modeling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 873-879.
- Allcott, Hunt, 2011. "Social norms and energy conservation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(9), pages 1082-1095.
- Brown, Richard E. & Koomey, Jonathan G., 2003. "Electricity use in California: past trends and present usage patterns," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 849-864, July.
- Dan Braha & Yaneer Bar-Yam, 2007. "The Statistical Mechanics of Complex Product Development: Empirical and Analytical Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(7), pages 1127-1145, July.
- Bower, John & Bunn, Derek W. & Wattendrup, Claus, 2001. "A model-based analysis of strategic consolidation in the German electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 987-1005, October.
- Catherine Tucker, 2008. "Identifying Formal and Informal Influence in Technology Adoption with Network Externalities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(12), pages 2024-2038, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mje:mjejnl:v:13:y:2017:i:4:p:61-77 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAgent-based modeling and simulation; Complex adaptive systems; Non-linear complexity; US electricity markets; Demand response; Transactive energy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:56:y:2016:i:c:p:67-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.