The effect of local ties, wages, and housing costs on migration decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Michaelides, Marios, 2009. "The effect of local ties, wages, and housing costs on migration decisions," MPRA Paper 20379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J., 2004. "County Amenities and Net Migration," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(02), pages 245-254, October.
- Wallace E. Huffman & Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan, 2007. "Migration, Fixed Costs, and Location-Specific Amenities: A Hazard Analysis for a Panel of Males," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(2), pages 368-382.
- Joseph Rabianski, 1971. "Real Earnings and Human Migration," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 6(2), pages 185-192.
- Jeffrey Yankow, 1999. "The Wage Dynamics of Internal Migration within the United States," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 265-278, Summer.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- Chris Robinson & Nigel Tomes, 1982. "Self-Selection and Interprovincial Migration in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 474-502, August.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J., 2004. "County Amenities and Net Migration," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 33(2), October.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Cushing, Brian J, 1987. "Location-Specific Amenities, Topography, and Population Migration," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 21(2), pages 74-85, July.
- Kathleen M. Day, 1992. "Interprovincial Migration and Local Public Goods," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 123-144, February.
- Borjas, George J., 1999. "The economic analysis of immigration," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1697-1760 Elsevier.
- Kristen Keith & Abagail McWilliams, 1999. "The Returns to Mobility and Job Search by Gender," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(3), pages 460-477, April.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002.
"Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2367-2420, November.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 1997. "Mobility and the Returns to Education: Testing A Roy Model With Multiple Markets," Working Papers 760, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002. "Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets," RCER Working Papers 488, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Boehm, Thomas P & Herzog, Henry W, Jr & Schlottmann, Alan M, 1991. "Intra-urban Mobility, Migration, and Tenure Choice," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 59-68, February.
- Fields, Gary S, 1979. "Place-to-Place Migration: Some New Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 21-32, February.
- Grenier, Gilles, 2008.
"The internal migration of the immigrant and native-born populations in Canada between 1976 and 1996,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 736-756, April.
- Gilles Grenier, 2003. "The Internal Migration of the Immigrant and Native-Born populations in Canada between 1976 and 1996," Working Papers 0301E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Blomquist, Glenn C & Berger, Mark C & Hoehn, John P, 1988. "New Estimates of Quality of Life in Urban Areas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 89-107, March.
- Chen, Yong & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 2008. "Local amenities and life-cycle migration: Do people move for jobs or fun?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 519-537, November.
- G. Donald Jud & D. Gordon Bennett, 1986. "Public Schools and the Pattern of Intraurban Residential Mobility," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(4), pages 362-370.
- Michaelides, Marios, 2010. "Labour market oligopsonistic competition: The effect of worker immobility on wages," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 230-239, January.
- Huffman, Wallace & Feridhanusetyawan, Tubagus, 2007. "Migration, Fixed Costs and Location-Specific Amenities: A Hazard Rate Analysis for a Panel of Males," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12781, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ho, Hui-Ping & Chang, Ching-Ter & Ku, Cheng-Yuan, 2015. "House selection via the internet by considering homebuyers’ risk attitudes with S-shaped utility functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(1), pages 188-201.
- Antoine Bonleu, 2017. "Sun, Regulation and Local Social Networks," Working Papers halshs-01502604, HAL.
- Switek, Malgorzata, 2012. "Internal Migration and Life Satisfaction: Well-Being Effects of Moving as a Young Adult," IZA Discussion Papers 7016, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsMigration Worker mobility Mobility costs Location amenities Wages Housing costs;
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:40:y:2011:i:2:p:132-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .