“All for One and One for All?” - Knowledge broker roles in managing tensions of internal coopetition: The Ubisoft case
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Colette Depeyre & Hervé Dumez, 2010. "The role of architectural players in coopetition: the case of the US defense industry," Post-Print hal-00539561, HAL.
- Justin J.P. Jansen & Frans A.J. Van den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2005. "Exploratory Innovation, Exploitative Innovation, And Ambidexterity: The Impact Of Environmental And Organizational Antecedents," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 57(4), pages 351-363, October.
- Wenpin Tsai, 2002. "Social Structure of “Coopetition” Within a Multiunit Organization: Coordination, Competition, and Intraorganizational Knowledge Sharing," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 179-190, April.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1992. "Knowledge of the Firm, Combinative Capabilities, and the Replication of Technology," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 383-397, August.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:15:y:1994:i:s2:p:91-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duc De Ngo & Mahito Okura, 2008. "Coopetition in a Mixed Duopoly Market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(21), pages 1-9.
- Howells, Jeremy, 2006. "Intermediation and the role of intermediaries in innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 715-728, June.
- Rauno Rusko, 2015. "New business model: intentional and unintentional degree one and degree two consumer coopetition in a branch of the Finnish game industry," International Journal of Business Environment, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 219-241.
- Cillo, Paola, 2005. "Fostering Market Knowledge Use in Innovation:: The Role of Internal Brokers," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 404-412, August.
- Thuy Seran & Estelle Pellegrin-Boucher & Calin Gurau, 2016. "The management of coopetitive tensions within multi-unit organizations," Post-Print hal-02013744, HAL.
- Baruch, Yehuda & Lin, Chieh-Peng, 2012. "All for one, one for all: Coopetition and virtual team performance," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(6), pages 1155-1168.
- Cohendet, Patrick, et al, 1999. "Knowledge Coordination, Competence Creation and Integrated Networks in Globalised Firms," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 225-241, March.
- Hong, Jacky F.L. & Snell, Robin Stanley, 2015. "Knowledge development through co-opetition: A case study of a Japanese foreign subsidiary and its local suppliers," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 769-780.
- Michael L. Tushman & Ralph Katz, 1980. "External Communication and Project Performance: An Investigation into the Role of Gatekeepers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(11), pages 1071-1085, November.
- Bouncken, Ricarda B. & Kraus, Sascha, 2013. "Innovation in knowledge-intensive industries: The double-edged sword of coopetition," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2060-2070.
- Ikujiro Nonaka, 1994. "A Dynamic Theory of Organizational Knowledge Creation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 14-37, February.
- Robert S. Huckman & Gary P. Pisano, 2006. "The Firm Specificity of Individual Performance: Evidence from Cardiac Surgery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 473-488, April.
- Boari, Cristina & Riboldazzi, Federico, 2014. "How knowledge brokers emerge and evolve: The role of actors’ behaviour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 683-695.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:29:y:2008:i:13:p:1465-1474 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:rvmgts:v:12:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11846-017-0269-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Paris & Lê Patrick & Massé David, 2013. " Technological Change at the Heart of the Creative Process: Insights From the Videogame Industry ," Post-Print halshs-00921155, HAL.
- Raymond van Wijk & Justin J. P. Jansen & Marjorie A. Lyles, 2008. "Inter- and Intra-Organizational Knowledge Transfer: A Meta-Analytic Review and Assessment of its Antecedents and Consequences," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 830-853, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5571 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt & Claudia Bird Schoonhoven, 1996. "Resource-based View of Strategic Alliance Formation: Strategic and Social Effects in Entrepreneurial Firms," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 136-150, April.
- Kenichi Ohkita & Mahito Okura, 2014. "Coopetition and coordinated investment: protecting Japanese video games' intellectual property rights," International Journal of Business Environment, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 92-105.
- Julian Birkinshaw & Robert Nobel & Jonas Ridderstråle, 2002. "Knowledge as a Contingency Variable: Do the Characteristics of Knowledge Predict Organization Structure?," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 274-289, June.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:21:y:2000:i:4:p:473-496 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yehuda Baruch & Chieh-Peng Lin, 2012. "All for one, one for all: Coopetition and virtual team performance," Post-Print hal-00801978, HAL.
- Beth A. Bechky, 2003. "Sharing Meaning Across Occupational Communities: The Transformation of Understanding on a Production Floor," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3), pages 312-330, June.
- Kylänen, Mika & Rusko, Rauno, 2011. "Unintentional coopetition in the service industries: The case of Pyhä-Luosto tourism destination in the Finnish Lapland," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 193-205, June.
- Patrick S. Cohendet & Laurent O. Simon, 2016. "Always Playable: Recombining Routines for Creative Efficiency at Ubisoft Montreal’s Video Game Studio," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 614-632, June.
- Grady, Razak & Pratt, John, 2000. "The UK Technology Transfer System: Calls for Stronger Links between Higher Education and Industry," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 205-211, June.
- Gabriel Szulanski & Rossella Cappetta & Robert J. Jensen, 2004. "When and How Trustworthiness Matters: Knowledge Transfer and the Moderating Effect of Causal Ambiguity," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 600-613, October.
- Paul Chiambaretto & Hervé Dumez, 2016. "Toward a Typology of Coopetition: A Multilevel Approach," Post-Print hal-01504220, HAL.
- Frédéric Le Roy & Wojciech Czakon, 2016. "Managing coopetition: the missing link between strategy and performance," Post-Print hal-02012534, HAL.
- Anne-Sophie Fernandez & Paul Chiambaretto, 2016. "Managing tensions related to information in coopetition," Post-Print hal-02011849, HAL.
- Shahzad (Shaz) Ansari & Raghu Garud & Arun Kumaraswamy, 2016. "The disruptor's dilemma: TiVo and the U.S. television ecosystem," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(9), pages 1829-1853, September.
- Gnyawali, Devi R. & Park, Byung-Jin (Robert), 2011. "Co-opetition between giants: Collaboration with competitors for technological innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 650-663, June.
- Paul Chiambaretto & Călin Gurău & Frédéric Le Roy, 2016. "Coopetitive branding: Definition, typology, benefits and risks," Post-Print hal-02010660, HAL.
- Philippe Baumard,, 2010. "Learning in coopetitive environments," Post-Print hal-00539567, HAL.
- Kirkels, Yvonne & Duysters, Geert, 2010. "Brokerage in SME networks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 375-385, April.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:4:p:540-554 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luo, Yadong, 2005. "Toward coopetition within a multinational enterprise: a perspective from foreign subsidiaries," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 71-90, February.
- Daniel Z. Levin & Rob Cross, 2004. "The Strength of Weak Ties You Can Trust: The Mediating Role of Trust in Effective Knowledge Transfer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1477-1490, November.
- Argote, Linda & Fahrenkopf, Erin, 2016. "Knowledge transfer in organizations: The roles of members, tasks, tools, and networks," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 146-159.
- Fréderic Le Roy & Anne-Sophie Fernandez, 2015. "Managing Coopetitive Tensions at the Working-group Level: The Rise of the Coopetitive Project Team," Post-Print hal-02011138, HAL.
- Paul Chiambaretto & Anne-Sophie Fernandez, 2016. "The evolution of coopetitive and collaborative alliances in an alliance portfolio: The Air France case," Post-Print hal-02010661, HAL.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:22:y:2001:i:12:p:1139-1161 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsInternal coopetition; Internal coopetitive tensions; Management of internal coopetition; Knowledge brokers; Knowledge transfer; Innovation sharing; Lagging principle;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:48:y:2019:i:3:p:584-600. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.