Barriers to energy efficiency in industrial bottom-up energy demand models--A review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Folmer, Henk, 1998. "Economic modelling approaches to cost estimates for the control of carbon dioxide emissions1," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 101-120.
- Gielen, Dolf & Moriguchi, Yuichi, 2002. "CO2 in the iron and steel industry: an analysis of Japanese emission reduction potentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 849-863, August.
- Barker, Terry & Ekins, Paul & Foxon, Tim, 2007. "Macroeconomic effects of efficiency policies for energy-intensive industries: The case of the UK Climate Change Agreements, 2000-2010," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 760-778.
- Geroski, P. A., 2000. "Models of technology diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 603-625.
- Peter Russ & Patrick Criqui, 2007. "Post-Kyoto CO2 emission reduction : the soft landing scenario analysed with POLES and other world models," Post-Print halshs-00078489, HAL.
- Jan Velthuijsen, 1993. "Incentives for investment in energy efficiency: an econometric evaluation and policy implications," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 153-169.
- Pantelis Capros & Leonidas Mantzos, 2000. "The European energy outlook to 2010 and 2030," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(1/2/3/4), pages 137-154.
- Anderson, Soren T. & Newell, Richard G., 2004. "Information programs for technology adoption: the case of energy-efficiency audits," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 27-50.
- Yi-Ming Wei & Gang Wu & Ying Fan & Lan-Cui Liu, 2006. "Progress in energy complex system modelling and analysis," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 25(1/2), pages 109-128.
- Ma, T. & Grubler, A. & Nakamori, Y., 2009. "Modeling technology adoptions for sustainable development under increasing returns, uncertainty, and heterogeneous agents," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 296-306, May.
- DeCanio, Stephen J, 1998. "The efficiency paradox: bureaucratic and organizational barriers to profitable energy-saving investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 441-454, April.
- Geroski, P. A., 2000. "Models of technology diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 603-625.
- Kainuma, Mikiko & Matsuoka, Yuzuru & Morita, Tsuneyuki & Masui, Toshihiko & Takahashi, Kiyoshi, 2004. "Analysis of global warming stabilization scenarios: the Asian-Pacific Integrated Model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 709-719.
- Russ, Peter & Criqui, Patrick, 2007. "Post-Kyoto CO2 emission reduction: The soft landing scenario analysed with POLES and other world models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 786-796, February.
- Greening, Lorna A. & Boyd, Gale & Roop, Joseph M., 2007. "Modeling of industrial energy consumption: An introduction and context," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 599-608.
- de Groot, Henri L. F. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2001.
"Energy saving by firms: decision-making, barriers and policies,"
Elsevier, pages 717-740.
- Chisari, Omar O. & Dal-Bó, Pedro & Romero, Carlos A., 2000. "High-Tension Electricity Network Expansions in Argentina: Decision Mechanisms and Willigness-to-Pay Revelation," UADE Working Papers 9_2000, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Rivers, Nic & Jaccard, Mark, 2006. "Useful models for simulating policies to induce technological change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2038-2047, October.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy paradox and the diffusion of conservation technology," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 91-122.
- Gielen, Dolf & Taylor, Michael, 2007. "Modelling industrial energy use: The IEAs Energy Technology Perspectives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 889-912.
- Worrell, Ernst & Laitner, John A & Ruth, Michael & Finman, Hodayah, 2003. "Productivity benefits of industrial energy efficiency measures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1081-1098.
- Murphy, Rose & Rivers, Nic & Jaccard, Mark, 2007.
"Hybrid modeling of industrial energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions with an application to Canada,"
Elsevier, pages 826-846.
- Katja Schumacher & Ronald D. Sands, 2006. "Where Are the Industrial Technologies in Energy-Economy Models?: An Innovative CGE Approach for Steel Production in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 605, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Oda, Junichiro & Akimoto, Keigo & Sano, Fuminori & Tomoda, Toshimasa, 2007. "Diffusion of energy efficient technologies and CO2 emission reductions in iron and steel sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 868-888.
- Berglund, Christer & Soderholm, Patrik, 2006. "Modeling technical change in energy system analysis: analyzing the introduction of learning-by-doing in bottom-up energy models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 1344-1356, August.
- Peter Mulder, 2005. "The Economics of Technology Diffusion and Energy Efficiency," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3434.
- Koopmans, Carl C. & te Velde, Dirk Willem, 2001. "Bridging the energy efficiency gap: using bottom-up information in a top-down energy demand model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 57-75.
- Pizer, William A. & Popp, David, 2008.
"Endogenizing technological change: Matching empirical evidence to modeling needs,"
Elsevier, pages 2754-2770.
- Pizer, William A. & Popp, David, 2007. "Endogenizing Technological Change: Matching Empirical Evidence to Modeling Needs," Discussion Papers dp-07-11, Resources For the Future.
- William A. Pizer & David Popp, 2007. "Endogenizing Technological Change: Matching Empirical Evidence to Modeling Needs," NBER Working Papers 13053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John A. Skip Laitner and Donald A. Hanson, 2006. "Modeling Detailed Energy-Efficiency Technologies and Technology Policies within a CGE Framework," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 151-170.
- Lapillonne, B. & Chateau, B., 1981. "The medee models for long term energy demand forecasting," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, pages 53-58.
- Chateau, B. & Lapillonne, B., 1978. "Long-term energy demand forecasting A new approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 140-157, June.
- Lutz, Christian & Meyer, Bernd & Nathani, Carsten & Schleich, Joachim, 2005. "Endogenous technological change and emissions: the case of the German steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Rohdin, Patrik & Thollander, Patrik & Solding, Petter, 2007. "Barriers to and drivers for energy efficiency in the Swedish foundry industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 672-677, January.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1979. "Rational Decision Making in Business Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 493-513.
- Worrell, Ernst & Biermans, Gijs, 2005. "Move over! Stock turnover, retrofit and industrial energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 949-962, May.
- Gillingham, Kenneth T. & Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A., 2007. "Modeling Endogenous Technological Change for Climate Policy Analysis," Discussion Papers dp-07-14, Resources For the Future.
- Daan van Soest & Erwin Bulte, 2001. "Does the Energy-Efficiency Paradox Exist? Technological Progress and Uncertainty," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 101-112.
- Schleich, Joachim, 2009. "Barriers to energy efficiency: A comparison across the German commercial and services sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2150-2159, May.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2009. "Energy demand models for policy formulation : a comparative study of energy demand models," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4866, The World Bank.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn, 2001. "Policy scenarios for energy efficiency improvement in industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(14), pages 1223-1241, November.
- Chateau, Bertrand & Lapillonne, Bruno, 1990. "2.4. Accounting and end-use models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 261-278.
- Francois, Joseph & Schuknecht, Ludger, 1999.
"Trade in Financial Services: Procompetitive Effects and Growth Performance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2144, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Henri L.F.M. de Groot & Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp, 1999. "Energy Saving by Firms: Decision-Making, Barriers and Policies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Wang, Ke & Wang, Can & Lu, Xuedu & Chen, Jining, 2007. "Scenario analysis on CO2 emissions reduction potential in China's iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2320-2335, April.
- Simon, Herbert A., 1978. "Rational Decision-Making in Business Organizations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1978-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Matsuoka, Yuzuru & Kainuma, Mikiko & Morita, Tsuneyuki, 1995. "Scenario analysis of global warming using the Asian Pacific Integrated Model (AIM)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 357-371.
- van Soest, Daan P., 2005. "The impact of environmental policy instruments on the timing of adoption of energy-saving technologies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 235-247.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Gillingham, Kenneth & Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A., 2008. "Modeling endogenous technological change for climate policy analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 2734-2753.
- Parry, Ian W H & Pizer, William A & Fischer, Carolyn, 2003.
"How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, pages 237-255.
- Parry, Ian & Pizer, William & Fischer, Carolyn, 2002. "How Large Are the Welfare Gains from Technological Innovation Induced by Environmental Policies?," Discussion Papers dp-00-15-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard & Anderson, Soren, 2002. "Information Programs for Technology Adoption: The Case of Energy-Efficiency Audits," Discussion Papers dp-02-58, Resources For the Future.
- Harris, Jane & Anderson, Jane & Shafron, Walter, 2000. "Investment in energy efficiency: a survey of Australian firms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 867-876, October.
- Hainoun, A. & Seif-Eldin, M.K. & Almoustafa, S., 2006. "Analysis of the Syrian long-term energy and electricity demand projection using the end-use methodology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1958-1970, September.
- Kainuma, Mikiko & Matsuoka, Yuzuru & Morita, Tsuneyuki, 2000. "The AIM/end-use model and its application to forecast Japanese carbon dioxide emissions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 416-425, April.
- Schleich, Joachim & Gruber, Edelgard, 2008. "Beyond case studies: Barriers to energy efficiency in commerce and the services sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 449-464.
- Schumacher, Katja & Sands, Ronald D., 2007. "Where are the industrial technologies in energy-economy models? An innovative CGE approach for steel production in Germany," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 799-825.
- Allan, Grant & Hanley, Nick & McGregor, Peter & Swales, Kim & Turner, Karen, 2007. "The impact of increased efficiency in the industrial use of energy: A computable general equilibrium analysis for the United Kingdom," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 779-798.
More about this item
KeywordsBarriers Energy efficiency Bottom-up Energy demand Investment decision Technology diffusion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:6:p:3099-3111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.