Adoption of Energy Efficiency Measures for Non-residential Buildings: Technological and Organizational Heterogeneity in the Trade, Commerce and Services Sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Gillingham & Karen Palmer, 2014.
"Bridging the Energy Efficiency Gap: Policy Insights from Economic Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(1), pages 18-38, January.
- Gillingham, Kenneth & Palmer, Karen, 2013. "Bridging the Energy Efficiency Gap: Policy Insights from Economic Theory and Empirical Evidence," Discussion Papers dp-13-02-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2013.
"The Economics of Green Building,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 50-63, March.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2010. "The Economics of Green Building," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt3k16p2rj, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Martin, Ralf & Muûls, Mirabelle & de Preux, Laure B. & Wagner, Ulrich J., 2012.
"Anatomy of a paradox: Management practices, organizational structure and energy efficiency,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 208-223.
- Ralf Martin & Mirabelle Muûls & Ulrich J. Wagner & Laure B. de Preux, 2010. "Anatomy of a Paradox: Management Practices, Organisational Structure and Energy Efficiency," CEP Discussion Papers dp1039, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kostka, Genia & Moslener, Ulf & Andreas, Jan G., 2011. "Barriers to energy efficiency improvement: Empirical evidence from small-and-medium sized enterprises in China," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 178, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Anderson, Soren T. & Newell, Richard G., 2004.
"Information programs for technology adoption: the case of energy-efficiency audits,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 27-50, March.
- Newell, Richard & Anderson, Soren, 2002. "Information Programs for Technology Adoption: The Case of Energy-Efficiency Audits," Discussion Papers dp-02-58, Resources For the Future.
- Stephen J. Decanio & William E. Watkins, 1998. "Investment In Energy Efficiency: Do The Characteristics Of Firms Matter?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 95-107, February.
- Goulden, Murray & Spence, Alexa, 2015. "Caught in the middle: The role of the Facilities Manager in organisational energy use," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 280-287.
- Cagno, Enrico & Ramirez-Portilla, Andres & Trianni, Andrea, 2015. "Linking energy efficiency and innovation practices: Empirical evidence from the foundry sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 240-256.
- Frondel, Manuel & Horbach, Jens & Rennings, Klaus, 2008.
"What triggers environmental management and innovation? Empirical evidence for Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 153-160, May.
- Rennings, Klaus & Horbach, Jens & Frondel, Manuel, 2004. "What Triggers Environmental Management and Innovation? - Empirical Evidence for Germany," RWI Discussion Papers 15, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Trianni, Andrea & Cagno, Enrico & Farné, Stefano, 2016. "Barriers, drivers and decision-making process for industrial energy efficiency: A broad study among manufacturing small and medium-sized enterprises," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1537-1551.
- Friedemann Polzin & Paschen von Flotow & Colin Nolden, 2015. "Exploring the Role of Servitization to Overcome Barriers for Innovative Energy Efficiency Technologies – The Case of Public LED Street Lighting in German Municipalities," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-07, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Fleiter, Tobias & Hirzel, Simon & Worrell, Ernst, 2012. "The characteristics of energy-efficiency measures – a neglected dimension," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 502-513.
- Darnall, Nicole & Henriques, Irene & Sadorsky, Perry, 2008. "Do environmental management systems improve business performance in an international setting?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 364-376, December.
- Wagner, Marcus, 2008. "Empirical influence of environmental management on innovation: Evidence from Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 392-402, June.
- Schleich, Joachim, 2009. "Barriers to energy efficiency: A comparison across the German commercial and services sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2150-2159, May.
- Manuel Frondel & Colin Vance, 2013.
"Heterogeneity in the Effect of Home Energy Audits: Theory and Evidence,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 55(3), pages 407-418, July.
- Frondel, Manuel & Vance, Colin, 2013. "Heterogeneity in the Effect of Home Energy Audits: Theory and Evidence," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 407-418.
- Frondel, Manuel & Vance, Colin, 2012. "Heterogeneity in the Effect of Home Energy Audits – Theory and Evidence," Ruhr Economic Papers 335, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Nolden, Colin & Sorrell, Steve & Polzin, Friedemann, 2016. "Catalysing the energy service market: The role of intermediaries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 420-430.
- Gruber, Edelgard & Brand, Michael, 1991. "Promoting energy conservation in small and medium-sized companies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 279-287, April.
- Paramonova, Svetlana & Thollander, Patrik & Ottosson, Mikael, 2015. "Quantifying the extended energy efficiency gap-evidence from Swedish electricity-intensive industries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 472-483.
- Kounetas, Kostas & Tsekouras, Kostas, 2008. "The energy efficiency paradox revisited through a partial observability approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2517-2536, September.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Pat, 2011. "Eco-labeling in commercial office markets: Do LEED and Energy Star offices obtain multiple premiums?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1220-1230, April.
- DeCanio, Stephen J, 1998. "The efficiency paradox: bureaucratic and organizational barriers to profitable energy-saving investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 441-454, April.
- Rohdin, P. & Thollander, P., 2006. "Barriers to and driving forces for energy efficiency in the non-energy intensive manufacturing industry in Sweden," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1836-1844.
- Sanja Pekovic, 2010. "The Determinants of ISO 9000 Certification: A Comparison of the Manufacturing and Service Sectors," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 895-914.
- Stephen Decanio, 1994. "Agency and Control Problems in US Corporations: The Case of Energy-efficient Investment Projects," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 105-124.
- Thollander, Patrik & Danestig, Maria & Rohdin, Patrik, 2007. "Energy policies for increased industrial energy efficiency: Evaluation of a local energy programme for manufacturing SMEs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5774-5783, November.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy paradox and the diffusion of conservation technology," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 91-122, May.
- René Kemp, 1997. "Environmental Policy and Technical Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1187.
- Cagno, E. & Worrell, E. & Trianni, A. & Pugliese, G., 2013. "A novel approach for barriers to industrial energy efficiency," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 290-308.
- Joachim Schleich, 2004. "Do energy audits help reduce barriers to energy efficiency? An empirical analysis for Germany," International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3), pages 226-239.
- Pinkse, Jonatan & Kuss, Matthias J. & Hoffmann, Volker H., 2010. "On the implementation of a 'global' environmental strategy: The role of absorptive capacity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 160-177, April.
- Fleiter, Tobias & Schleich, Joachim & Ravivanpong, Ployplearn, 2012. "Adoption of energy-efficiency measures in SMEs—An empirical analysis based on energy audit data from Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 863-875.
- Trianni, Andrea & Cagno, Enrico & De Donatis, Alessio, 2014. "A framework to characterize energy efficiency measures," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 207-220.
- Rohdin, Patrik & Thollander, Patrik & Solding, Petter, 2007. "Barriers to and drivers for energy efficiency in the Swedish foundry industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 672-677, January.
- Blumstein, Carl & Krieg, Betsy & Schipper, Lee & York, Carl, 1980. "Overcoming social and institutional barriers to energy conservation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 355-371.
- Trianni, A. & Cagno, E., 2012. "Dealing with barriers to energy efficiency and SMEs: Some empirical evidences," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 494-504.
- Trianni, Andrea & Cagno, Enrico & Worrell, Ernst, 2013. "Innovation and adoption of energy efficient technologies: An exploratory analysis of Italian primary metal manufacturing SMEs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 430-440.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1979. "Moral Hazard and Observability," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 74-91, Spring.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Paul Diederen & Frank van Tongeren & Hennie van der Veen, 2003. "Returns on Investments in Energy-saving Technologies Under Energy Price Uncertainty in Dutch Greenhouse Horticulture," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(4), pages 379-394, April.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Tobias Fleitera & Joachim Schleich & Ployplearn Ravivanpong, 2012. "Adoption of energy-efficiency measures in SMEs - An empirical analysis based on energy audit data," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00805748, HAL.
- Schleich, Joachim & Gruber, Edelgard, 2008. "Beyond case studies: Barriers to energy efficiency in commerce and the services sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 449-464, March.
- Aramyan, Lusine H. & Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. Oude & Verstegen, Jos A.A.M., 2007. "Factors underlying the investment decision in energy-saving systems in Dutch horticulture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 520-527, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Barriers; Agency; Absorptive capacity; Adoption; SMEs;
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:136:y:2017:i:c:p:240-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.