Eco-labeling in commercial office markets: Do LEED and Energy Star offices obtain multiple premiums?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian & Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "Can Eco-Labels Tune a Market? Evidence from Dolphin-Safe Labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Matthew J. Kotchen, 2006.
"Green Markets and Private Provision of Public Goods,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(4), pages 816-845, August.
- Matthew J. Kotchen, 2003. "Green Markets and Private Provision of Public Goods," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-05, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Maguire, Kelly B. & Owens, Nicole N. & Simon, Nathalie B., 2004. "The Price Premium for Organic Babyfood: A Hedonic Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2011. "Green Noise or Green Value? Measuring the Effects of Environmental Certification on Office Values," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 45-69, March.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2010.
"Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2492-2509, December.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2009. "Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt507394s4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Patrick, 2009.
"An Investigation of the Effect of Eco-Labeling on Office Occupancy Rates,"
15799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2009. "An Investigation of the Effect of Eco-Labeling on Office Occupancy Rates," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- David Ling & Milena Petrova, 2008. "Avoiding Taxes at Any Cost: The Economics of Tax-Deferred Real Estate Exchanges," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 367-404, May.
- Grolleau, Gilles & Ibanez, Lisette & Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2009.
"Too much of a good thing? Why altruism can harm the environment?,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2145-2149, May.
- Gilles Grolleau & Lisette Ibanez & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2009. "Too much of a good thing ? Why altruism can harm the environment," Post-Print hal-01072320, HAL.
- Dimitropoulos, John, 2007. "Energy productivity improvements and the rebound effect: An overview of the state of knowledge," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6354-6363, December.
- Jonathan Wiley & Justin Benefield & Ken Johnson, 2010. "Green Design and the Market for Commercial Office Space," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 228-243, August.
- Vincenzo Verardi & Christophe Croux, 2009. "Robust regression in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(3), pages 439-453, September.
- Gary Pivo & Jeffrey D. Fisher, 2010. "Income, Value and Returns in Socially Responsible Office Properties," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(3), pages 243-270.
- Lisette Ibanez & Gilles Grolleau, 2008. "Can Ecolabeling Schemes Preserve the Environment?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 233-249, June.
- Philippe Mahenc, 2007. "Are green products over-priced?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(4), pages 461-473, December.
- Nils Kok & Marquise McGraw & John M. Quigley, 2011. "The Diffusion of Energy Efficiency in Building," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 77-82, May.
- Schumacher, Ingmar, 2010. "Ecolabeling, consumers' preferences and taxation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2202-2212, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franz Fuerst & Constantine Kontokosta & Pat McAllister, 2011. "Taking the LEED? Analyzing Spatial Variations in Market Penetration Rates of Eco-Labeled Properties," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2011-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Fuerst, Franz & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2016.
"Green luxury goods? The economics of eco-labels in the Japanese housing market,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 108-122.
- Fuerst, Franz & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2014. "Green Luxury Goods? The Economics of Eco-Labels in the Japanese Housing Market," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 7, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Marie Hyland & Anna Alberini & Seán Lyons, 2016. "The Effect of Energy Efficiency Labeling: Bunching and Prices in the Irish Residential Property Market," Trinity Economics Papers tep0516, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2016.
- Danielle C. Sanderson & Victoria M. Edwards, 2014. "What Tenants Want: UK occupiers’ requirements when renting commercial property and strategic implications for landlords," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2014-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:44:y:2017:i:4:p:658-682. is not listed on IDEAS
- Sun, Junxiu & Yin, Haitao & Wang, Feng, 2014. "Net private benefits of purchasing eco-labeled air conditioners and subsidization policies in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 186-195.
- Olsthoorn, Mark & Schleich, Joachim & Hirzel, Simon, 2017. "Adoption of Energy Efficiency Measures for Non-residential Buildings: Technological and Organizational Heterogeneity in the Trade, Commerce and Services Sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 240-254.
- Alexander Reichardt, 2014. "Operating Expenses and the Rent Premium of Energy Star and LEED Certified Buildings in the Central and Eastern U.S," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 413-433, October.
- Bienert, Sven, . "METASTUDIE :NACHHALTIGKEIT CONTRA RENDITE? Die Implikationen nachhaltigen Wirtschaftens für offene Immobilienfonds am Beispiel der Deka Immobilien Investment GmbH und der WestInvest GmbH," BeitrÃ¤ge zur Immobilienwirtschaft, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics, number 14, March.
- Ginevičius Tomas, 2016. "Options for quantitative assessment of types of commercial real estate leases," Ekonomia i Zarzadzanie. Economics and Management, De Gruyter Open, vol. 8(1), pages 55-61, March.
- Ramos, A. & Gago, A. & Labandeira, X. & Linares, P., 2015.
"The role of information for energy efficiency in the residential sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(S1), pages 17-29.
- Ana Ramos & Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Pedro Linares, 2014. "The Role of Information for Energy Efficiency in the Residential Sector," Working Papers 04-2014, Economics for Energy.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Patrick & Nanda, Anupam & Wyatt, Peter, 2015. "Does energy efficiency matter to home-buyers? An investigation of EPC ratings and transaction prices in England," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 145-156.
- Gliedt, Travis & Hoicka, Christina E., 2015. "Energy upgrades as financial or strategic investment? Energy Star property owners and managers improving building energy performance," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 430-443.
- Florian Fizaine & Pierre VoyŽ & Catherine Baumont, 2017.
"Does the literature support a high willingness to pay for green label buildings? An answer with treatment of publication bias,"
2017.03, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Florian Fizaine & Pierre VoyÃ© & Catherine Baumont, 2017. "Does the literature support a high willingness to pay for green label buildings? An answer with treatment of publication bias," Working Papers 2017.13, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Parkinson, Aidan & De Jong, Robert & Cooke, Alison & Guthrie, Peter, 2013. "Energy performance certification as a signal of workplace quality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1493-1505.
- Parkinson, Aidan & Hill, Stephen & Wheal, Richard, 2016. "An income-based analysis of the value premise for property energy performance," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 162-169.
- Park, Ju Young, 2017. "Is there a price premium for energy efficiency labels? Evidence from the Introduction of a Label in Korea," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 240-247.
- Zhang, Li & Sun, Cong & Liu, Hongyu & Zheng, Siqi, 2016. "The role of public information in increasing homebuyers' willingness-to-pay for green housing: Evidence from Beijing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 40-49.
- repec:eee:touman:v:37:y:2013:i:c:p:203-209 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koo, Choongwan & Hong, Taehoon & Lee, Minhyun & Seon Park, Hyo, 2014. "Development of a new energy efficiency rating system for existing residential buildings," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 218-231.
More about this item
KeywordsEco-label Commercial office buildings Price premium;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:6:p:1220-1230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.