Portfolio greenness and the financial performance of REITs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kleibergen, Frank & Paap, Richard, 2006.
"Generalized reduced rank tests using the singular value decomposition,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 97-126, July.
- Frank Kleibergen & Richard Paap, 2003. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-003/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Richard Paap & Frank Kleibergen, 2004. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 195, Econometric Society.
- Kleibergen, F.R. & Paap, R., 2003. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2003-01, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2011. "Green Noise or Green Value? Measuring the Effects of Environmental Certification on Office Values," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 45-69, March.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Karen Palmer, 1997.
"Environmental Regulation And Innovation: A Panel Data Study,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 610-619, November.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Karen Palmer, 1996. "Environmental Regulation and Innovation: A Panel Data Study," NBER Working Papers 5545, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2010.
"Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2492-2509, December.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2009. "Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt507394s4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Kok, Nils & Jennen, Maarten, 2012. "The impact of energy labels and accessibility on office rents," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 489-497.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Heaton, John & Yaron, Amir, 1996. "Finite-Sample Properties of Some Alternative GMM Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(3), pages 262-280, July.
- Jonathan Wiley & Justin Benefield & Ken Johnson, 2010. "Green Design and the Market for Commercial Office Space," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 228-243, August.
- Rob Bauer & Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok, 2010.
"Corporate Governance and Performance: The REIT Effect,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-29.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Bauer, Rob & Kok, Nils, 2008. "Corporate Governance and Performance: the REIT Effect," Working Papers 08-3, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Ghosh, Chinmoy & Sirmans, C F, 2003. "Board Independence, Ownership Structure and Performance: Evidence from Real Estate Investment Trusts," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 287-318, March-May.
- Nils Kok & Marquise McGraw & John M. Quigley, 2011. "The Diffusion of Energy Efficiency in Building," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 77-82, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rasa Apanavičienė & Ala Daugėlienė & Tautvydas Baltramonaitis & Vida Maliene, 2015. "Sustainability Aspects of Real Estate Development: Lithuanian Case Study of Sports and Entertainment Arenas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-26, May.
- Rogerson Jayne M., 2014. "Green commercial property development in urban South Africa: emerging trends, emerging geographies," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 26(26), pages 1-14, December.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:13-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Yongheng & Wu, Jing, 2014. "Economic returns to residential green building investment: The developers' perspective," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 35-44.
- Borgers, Arian & Derwall, Jeroen & Koedijk, Kees & ter Horst, Jenke, 2015. "Do Social Factors Influence Investment Behaviour and Performance? Evidence from Mutual Fund Holdings," CEPR Discussion Papers 10740, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patricia Crifo & Marc-Arthur Diaye & Rim Oueghlissi, 2014.
"Measuring the effect of government ESG performance on sovereign borrowing cost,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Patricia Crifo & Marc-Arthur Diaye & Rim Oueghlissi, 2015. "Measuring the effect of government ESG performance on sovereign borrowing cost," Working Papers hal-00951304, HAL.
- Patricia Crifo & Marc-Arthur Diaye & Rim Oueghlissi, 2017. "Measuring the effect of government ESG performance on sovereign borrowing cost," Post-Print hal-01549820, HAL.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2016. "Do socially (ir)responsible investments pay? New evidence from international ESG data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 51-62.
- Parkinson, Aidan & De Jong, Robert & Cooke, Alison & Guthrie, Peter, 2013. "Energy performance certification as a signal of workplace quality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1493-1505.
- Avis Devine & Eva Steiner & Erkan Yonder, 2017. "Decomposing the Value Effects of Sustainable Investment: International Evidence," ERES eres2017_517, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Borgers, Arian & Derwall, Jeroen & Koedijk, Kees & ter Horst, Jenke, 2015. "Do social factors influence investment behavior and performance? Evidence from mutual fund holdings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 112-126.
- Fuerst, Franz & Gabrieli, Tommaso & McAllister, Patrick, 2017. "A green winner's curse? Investor behavior in the market for eco-certified office buildings," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 137-146.
- Avis Devine & Eva Steiner & Erkan Yonder, 2017. "Decomposing the Value Effects of Sustainable Investment: International Evidence," ERES eres2017_346, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- McGrath, Karen, 2014. "Does Increased Investment in Responsible Properties Lead to Better Corporate Performance?," MPRA Paper 57767, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Real estate; REITs; LEED; Energy Star;
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:31:y:2012:i:7:p:1911-1929. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.