Energy efficiency in the German pulp and paper industry – A model-based assessment of saving potentials
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Groot, Henri L. F. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2001.
"Energy saving by firms: decision-making, barriers and policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 717-740, November.
- Henri L.F.M. de Groot & Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp, 1999. "Energy Saving by Firms: Decision-Making, Barriers and Policies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lapillonne, B. & Chateau, B., 1981. "The medee models for long term energy demand forecasting," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 53-58.
- Meier, Alan & Rosenfeld, Arthur H. & Wright, Janice, 1982. "Supply curves of conserved energy for California's residential sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 347-358.
- Schleich, Joachim, 2009. "Barriers to energy efficiency: A comparison across the German commercial and services sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2150-2159, May.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn, 2001. "Policy scenarios for energy efficiency improvement in industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(14), pages 1223-1241, November.
- Möllersten, K. & Yan, J. & Westermark, M., 2003. "Potential and cost-effectiveness of CO2 reductions through energy measures in Swedish pulp and paper mills," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 691-710.
- Bujak, J., 2008. "Energy savings and heat efficiency in the paper industry: A case study of a corrugated board machine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1597-1608.
- Luiten, Esther & Blok, Kornelis, 2004. "Stimulating R&D of industrial energy-efficient technology. Policy lessons--impulse technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1087-1108, June.
- Giraldo, Luis & Hyman, Barry, 1995. "Energy end-use models for pulp, paper, and paperboard mills," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1005-1019.
- DeCanio, Stephen J, 1998. "The efficiency paradox: bureaucratic and organizational barriers to profitable energy-saving investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 441-454, April.
- Rogge, Karoline S. & Schleich, Joachim & Haussmann, Philipp & Roser, Annette & Reitze, Felix, 2011. "The role of the regulatory framework for innovation activities: The EU ETS and the German paper industry," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S1/2011, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Worrell, Ernst & Laitner, John A & Ruth, Michael & Finman, Hodayah, 2003. "Productivity benefits of industrial energy efficiency measures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1081-1098.
- Murphy, Rose & Rivers, Nic & Jaccard, Mark, 2007. "Hybrid modeling of industrial energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions with an application to Canada," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 826-846, July.
- Hasanbeigi, Ali & Menke, Christoph & Therdyothin, Apichit, 2010. "The use of conservation supply curves in energy policy and economic analysis: The case study of Thai cement industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 392-405, January.
- Daniels, B.W. & Van Dril, A.W.N., 2007. "Save production: A bottom-up energy model for Dutch industry and agriculture," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 847-867, July.
- Chateau, B. & Lapillonne, B., 1978. "Long-term energy demand forecasting A new approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 140-157, June.
- De Beer, Jeroen & Worrell, Ernst & Blok, Kornelis, 1998. "Long-term energy-efficiency improvements in the paper and board industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 21-42.
- Worrell, Ernst & Biermans, Gijs, 2005. "Move over! Stock turnover, retrofit and industrial energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 949-962, May.
- Giraldo, Luis & Hyman, Barry, 1996. "An energy process-step model for manufacturing paper and paperboard," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 667-681.
- Luiten, Esther & Blok, Kornelis, 2003. "The success of a simple network in developing an innovative energy-efficient technology," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 361-391.
- Steven E. Stoft, 1995. "The Economics of Conserved-Energy "Supply" Curves," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 109-137.
- Laurijssen, Jobien & De Gram, Frans J. & Worrell, Ernst & Faaij, Andre, 2010. "Optimizing the energy efficiency of conventional multi-cylinder dryers in the paper industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3738-3750.
- Fleiter, Tobias & Worrell, Ernst & Eichhammer, Wolfgang, 2011. "Barriers to energy efficiency in industrial bottom-up energy demand models--A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 3099-3111, August.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Bakhtiari, Bahador & Fradette, Louis & Legros, Robert & Paris, Jean, 2010. "Opportunities for the integration of absorption heat pumps in the pulp and paper process," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4600-4606.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Pulp and paper; Bottom-up; Energy saving potentials; Energy-efficient technologies; Conservation supply curves;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:40:y:2012:i:1:p:84-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.