Affect or information? Labeling policy and consumer valuation of rBST free and organic characteristics of milk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Onyango, Benjamin & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Govindasamy, Ramu, 2006.
"U.S. Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Food Labeled ‘Genetically Modified’,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 299-310, October.
- Onyango, Benjamin M. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Govindasamy, Ramu, 2006. "U.S. Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Food Labeled 'Genetically Modified'," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(2), October.
- Vickner, Steven S. & Koch, Stephen I., 2001. "Hedonic Pricing, Information, And The Market For Thoroughbred Yearlings," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 19(2).
- Kenneth E. McConnell & Ivar E. Strand, 2000. "Hedonic Prices for Fish: Tuna Prices in Hawaii," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 133-144.
- Jayson L. Lusk, 2003.
"Effects of Cheap Talk on Consumer Willingness-to-Pay for Golden Rice,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 840-856.
- Lusk, Jayson L., 2002. "Effects Of Cheap Talk On Consumer Willingness-To-Pay For Golden Rice," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19597, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Qingbin Wang & Catherine Halbrendt & Jane Kolodinsky & Fred Schmidt, 1997. "Willingness to pay for rBST-free milk: a two-limit Tobit model analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(10), pages 619-621.
- Maguire, Kelly B. & Owens, Nicole N. & Simon, Nathalie B., 2004. "The Price Premium for Organic Babyfood: A Hedonic Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1978. "Hedonic prices, price indices and housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 471-484, October.
- Dhar, Tirtha Pratim & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2003. "Market Structure And Consumer Valuation In The Rbst-Free And Organic Milk Markets," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22177, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Helen R. Neill & Ronald G. Cummings & Philip T. Ganderton & Glenn W. Harrison & Thomas McGuckin, 1994. "Hypothetical Surveys and Real Economic Commitments," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 145-154.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- W. Bruce Traill, 2004. "Effect of information about benefits of biotechnology on consumer acceptance of genetically modified food: evidence from experimental auctions in the United States, England, and France," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 179-204, June.
- Bowman Kenneth R. & Don E. Ethridge, 1992. "Characteristic Supplies and Demands in a Hedonic Framework: U.S. Market for Cotton Fiber Attributes," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(4), pages 991-1002.
- Morgan, Karen J & Metzen, Edward J & Johnson, S R, 1979. " An Hedonic Index for Breakfast Cereals," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 67-75, June.
- Golan, Elise H. & Kuchler, Fred & Mitchell, Lorraine, 2000. "Economics Of Food Labeling," Agricultural Economics Reports 34069, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Shi, Hongqi & Price, David W., 1998. "Impacts Of Sociodemographic Variables On The Implicit Values Of Breakfast Cereal Characteristics," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- David Buschena & Vincent Smith, 2005. "Do Voluntary Biotechnology Labels Matter to the Consumer? Evidence from the Fluid Milk Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 378-392.
- Steven Buccola & Yoko Iizuka, 1997. "Hedonic Cost Models and the Pricing of Milk Components," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 452-462.
- K. K. Lancaster, 2010. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1385, David K. Levine.
- Tirtha Dhar & Jeremy D. Foltz, 2005. "Milk by Any Other Name … Consumer Benefits from Labeled Milk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 214-228.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chang, Jae Bong & Lusk, Jayson L., 2009. "Fairness and food choice," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 483-491, December.
- Cicia, Gianni & Caracciolo, Francesco & Del Giudice, Teresa & Sannino, G. & Verneau, Fabio, 2013. "The Role of Sensory Profile in the Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Consumers Choice," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164738, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:154-165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Minghao & Wang, Qingbin & Kolodinsky, Jane M., 2012. "Estimating the Optimal Premium Rates for Credential Food Attributes: A Case Study in the Northeast United States," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 43(2), July.
More about this item
KeywordsLabeling Milk rBST free Organic Biotechnology Consumer attitude GMO;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:33:y:2008:i:6:p:616-623. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.